Week of 2/12 Other games | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/12 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is this guy going to recruit anyone?

If you’re a confident player, it’s not going to matter much. In your mind, those other players had problems because they weren’t that good, but you’re better so it won’t be an issue.

Reaction Score
JC, who first coached against Rick in the late 1970's (when Ricky took over at BU) has said Pitino is the biggest phony he's ever met.

I was an undergrad at BU then. Nobody--I mean nobody--went to home games at the Case Center. You could pay 4 bucks and sit right behind the benches. Hockey was a different story.

After one timeout, my freshman year dormmate told Pitino he was too young and stupid-looking to be a head coach, LOL.

I had no idea who Jim Calhoun was at that point, but I sure knew who Reggie Lewis was and tried to see the Northeastern/BU games whenever I could. I remember some great games.

UConn also came to BU my freshman year--the Hobbs/Giscombe team--and I remember rooting hard for UConn as a BU student. Very few there were rooting for BU.

Imagine UConn, today, playing a non-conference road game at the Case Center? Too funny.

Anyway, sorry for the digression. It just always strikes me how those two coaches, coaching their asses off in a nearly empty gym, both went on to such greater things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01