Week of 1/21/24 Other Games | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/21/24 Other Games

Reaction Score
Griffiths and some of these other guys gotta pass the ball instead of getting their shot swatted by Edey at the rim

Reaction Score
They foul a 3-point shooter and he of course swishes all 3. At 60-54, that's probably game, even with 3 minutes left.

Reaction Score
Battle of the two best MAAC teams on ESPN+ w/ Quinnipiac (7-1) visiting Fairfield (6-2).
CT teams interesting. What are your thoughts on North Texas? They won the NIT last year and they are leading by 2 against FAU at FAU.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thats part of my memory. The other part was Clemson playing at the Civic Center the game before. We went out and ran into the whole team at the Russian Lady. They beat BYU and LaSalle in Hartford before we played them in NJ. Elden Campbell and Dale Davis were pretty hard to miss. Talked to them a bit, they were pretty cool.
Nice story.
You were an ambassador for all of Connecticut that night, and no doubt they've had fond memories of the friendly little New England state for nearly 34 years.

Reaction Score

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Reaction Score
Good game now on FS1 with Rick Pitino Jr and New Mexico vs Steve Alford and Nevada. Both pretty decent teams fun watch after the Lions blew it.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Beating a dead horse here but this New Mexico team is for real. They have every chance to be America’s sweetheart come March.

Reaction Score
Betting on New Mexico when they're at home has been a very profitable endeavor this year. Draftkings gave a random boost for that game, too.

Reaction Score
Beating a dead horse here but this New Mexico team is for real. They have every chance to be America’s sweetheart come March.
Its their frontcourt. Toppin, Joseph and Amzil were huge adds. They always had good guard play.

Reaction Score
Not yet in person.

I highly respect St. Francis head coach Rob Krimmel as he does is kinda like what UConn does in recruiting: when you play at Saint Francis, we're in the middle of nowhere and all we do is ball and go to class.

Saint Francis was decimated by the transfer portal and their squad now is literally all underclassmen so Wilborn has totally stepped up in the opportunity that he has, starting every game since Thanksgiving break as a freshman (10.1p, 7.5r, 1.8b). He's a South Kent kid and since I've started my website, Coach Chillious has been super supportive and readily provides intel and reports on his guys.

After your post, @superjohn here's what he told me about Wilborn:

I tried to tell so many coaches last year do not go by scoring numbers for the role players on our team here. I knew Eli would be a high level rebounder wherever he went to school. Our role players are still impact players at the college level as freshman. Eli, Jalal McKie (only played about 6mins per game [at NC A&T]), and Jalen Cox [at Colgate] were very good complimentary pieces for us last year but they were all starters yesterday for their respective D1 teams…
Wilborn made himself available, looks ready to level up. Could be a nice depth piece or more. Certainly has the potential and drive. Contributes across the floor and obviously a hometowner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom