Week of 1/21/24 Other Games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/21/24 Other Games

Reaction Score
Well the Clemson players thought something was missed. Not sure about the rest of you but whenever I see Clemson the first thing that comes to mind is it’s late, it’s Tate , it’s great (probably messed up the order) but also the HC for Clemson and the look on his face. Doing this by memory it was Cliff Ellis?
LMFAO. I said something similar a few weeks ago when he officially announced this would be his last year or he broke some win barrier., I don't remember exactly what it was. But whenever I hear his name I only think "oh that's the guy that coached Clemson when Tate hit the last second shot". I remember him for that and his stunned facial expression and nothing else, LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clemson is like the 6th best team in the ACC. Don't let Cuse, Louisville and Pitt off the hook
BC, Notre Dame.

There are some embarrassingly terrible teams in the ACC. We have DePaul and an improving Georgetown. They have like 5 on that level.

Reaction Score
Big win for Richmond and their 10th in a row. I’m an alum - know there’s a few others on this board

Reaction Score
Nope- no credit given. They don’t look like a F4 team at all. Clemson is literally the worst team in the ACC and was turning it over left and right with a bunch of stupid passes at the end of that game. Duke should’ve blown them out, especially since they were playing at Cameron

His trolling in an attempt to make up for the most embarrassing post in Boneyard history is lame and not remotely entertaining but Clemson is also not the worst team in the ACC, literally or figuratively. It was a win for Duke but not an especially impressive one.

Reaction Score
Andy Enfield has a pretty great gig, getting paid a couple million bucks a year to live in Manhattan Beach and lose games.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score

I suspect he benefits from the fact that no one really gives a about the basketball team. Sort of like coaching hoop at Texas. But good lord this dude is still dining out on that Florida Gulf Coast run.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy the top 10 upsets every week, hopefully we can keep building separation with everyone else. I wonder how things will change when the Covid years are gone

Reaction Score

Enfield and USC are certainly underwhelming but kinda disingenuous for the tweeter to include Collier when he's been injured and has missed the past few weeks. They were disappointing with him but not having him certainly doesn't help. Also, despite Klutch & ESPN's agenda Bronny has always been a midtier prospect, he's not getting you wins.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
His trolling in an attempt to make up for the most embarrassing post in Boneyard history is lame and not remotely entertaining but Clemson is also not the worst team in the ACC, literally or figuratively. It was a win for Duke but not an especially impressive one.
I confess - did not check the actual ACC standings on a site, was going off the graphic they showed during the game with UNC 1, Duke 2,…and way at the bottom of the list was Clemson. Wasn't up long enough for me to realize Louisville etc were not there. My bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Number 4 for Clemson straight up lost them that game. Three turnovers in the final 1:30 and he committed the foul on Flip’a and-1. Damn shame, Duke will probably be right back in the top ten next week.
Well at least he'll have something to tell his kids.

"Hey Little Jimmy, if you feel bad about choking on that algebra test, let me tell you the story of the time I was up by 4 at Cameron with the ball with one minute to go..."

Reaction Score
Have you had a chance to check out freshman Eli Wilborn at St. Francis this season? Bad team but the CT kid is a baller. Major hops, rebounding, shot blocking. I wonder if any Big East teams including UConn take a peak at him.

Not yet in person.

I highly respect St. Francis head coach Rob Krimmel as he does is kinda like what UConn does in recruiting: when you play at Saint Francis, we're in the middle of nowhere and all we do is ball and go to class.

Saint Francis was decimated by the transfer portal and their squad now is literally all underclassmen so Wilborn has totally stepped up in the opportunity that he has, starting every game since Thanksgiving break as a freshman (10.1p, 7.5r, 1.8b). He's a South Kent kid and since I've started my website, Coach Chillious has been super supportive and readily provides intel and reports on his guys.

After your post, @superjohn here's what he told me about Wilborn:

I tried to tell so many coaches last year do not go by scoring numbers for the role players on our team here. I knew Eli would be a high level rebounder wherever he went to school. Our role players are still impact players at the college level as freshman. Eli, Jalal McKie (only played about 6mins per game [at NC A&T]), and Jalen Cox [at Colgate] were very good complimentary pieces for us last year but they were all starters yesterday for their respective D1 teams…

Reaction Score
Rutgers looking like they want to make a game out of it with Purdue.

Reaction Score
If we played Edey like we did Kalkbrenner he’d have nightmares. Karaban was so fast on those double teams

Reaction Score
Battle of the two best MAAC teams on ESPN+ w/ Quinnipiac (7-1) visiting Fairfield (6-2).

Reaction Score
Not super impressed with Purdue. Edey is a obviously a handful on both ends of the floor. Jones is a pest on D. Their half court offense looks slow and lacks any complexity. If Edey gets into any foul trouble in the tourney they'll be ripe to get bounced early.

Reaction Score
How many times are they going to try and put up a shot over Edey
Yeah, RU's players don't seem to learn their lesson. How hard is it to go inside then kick it out? Really!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom