Week 9 - Jan 1 to 7 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week 9 - Jan 1 to 7

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Miami beat Wake Forest by 30. That's how you do it, other ACC teams. Not sure how they kept close to Florida St. and Virginia Tech.
Miami already met its weekly ACC quota of an embarrassing loss by going down in flames to (cough) Boston College.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA 65-54 over Oregon St. Beers did get the better of Betts though, that should raise a few eyebrows.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Miami already met its weekly ACC quota of an embarrassing loss by going down in flames to (cough) Boston College.
Florida St. was on par today, beating Clemson by 6.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
VCU beat Davidson by 10, the Wildcats hadn't lost since a heartbreaker to North Carolina very early in the season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UCLA 65-54 over Oregon St. Beers did get the better of Betts though, that should raise a few eyebrows.
So you are touting the "moral victory angle" here? What about Friday night or the first half today where Raegan couldn't stop fouling that she had to sit on the bench and it cost her team as the offense does run best through her. I watched the game today so for you to make the game Beers vs. Betts is a bit odd. Is the whole year going to be all about Beers?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
They have a 6'8 player AND a 6'7 player? My gosh...why not play both of them at the same time and just completely shut down anything inside?
Because the couching post players coach is actually in Lubbock, TX coaching Sedona Prince so there is no one in Eugene to, you know, coach these players....:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So you are touting the "moral victory angle" here? What about Friday night or the first half today where Raegan couldn't stop fouling that she had to sit on the bench and it cost her team as the offense does run best through her. I watched the game today so for you to make the game Beers vs. Betts is a bit odd. Is the whole year going to be all about Beers?
Settle down. Just pointing out Beers had a good game, and a nice bounce back after some struggles on Friday night.

Reaction Score
Looks like Cal is being carried by a pair of transfers, Suarez from Tennessee and Krimili from across the Bay from San Francisco.
Michele Onyiah had a great game, particularly down stretch despite 4 fouls. She had 14 points and 8 rebounds…two huge rebounds and put backs at the end. Money when it counted. Charmin did do well in the portal though. Krimilli was out for 9 games due to injury, so it’s excellent she’s back and in form in time for conference play. Nice team this year. So happy they pulled this out.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Will the real North Carolina please stand up? Impossible to figure. That's some chilly shooting by Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
UNC goes 9-19 on FTs but manages to edge ND 61-57, who got Citron back but were without Westbeld in concussion protocol.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State led 60-49 and then went 8 minutes without scoring. Wolfpack Women fall from the ranks of the unbeaten.

NC State 62
Virginia Tech 63

Yeah. I was watching the Duke game but was keeping up with the score on my phone. Thought u guys had it in hand, then boom. I watched the last minute... Man yall blew it.

Not to throw salt in your wound but yall were the only Triangle team ( mens and women's) to lose this weekend. Even Central swept Howatd yesterday.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ha well it ain't my first rodeo watching the ACC lay eggs to each other. The script is almost as old as Moses by now.

1) Cancelling my ACC Sweatshirt Birthday gift to Plebe :mad:

2) I might have to stick my head into that Big East Thread after all :rolleyes: :cool:

Reaction Score
I thought I already posted this question, but maybe not:

is the only top 14 loss of the week by NCSt?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

In glancing rapidly at the rankings, I believe that is correct.

Reaction Score
It looks like there will be a second team from CT getting votes in the AP poll, this week. After a weekend road sweep of (probably) the two other best MAAC teams, Fairfield stands at 12-1 with a 10-game wining streak.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Yeah. I was watching the Duke game but was keeping up with the score on my phone. Thought u guys had it in hand, then boom. I watched the last minute... Man yall blew it.

Not to throw salt in your wound but yall were the only Triangle team ( mens and women's) to lose this weekend. Even Central swept Howatd yesterday.
Don't tempt me to drive to the Triad and spike your Cheerwine with strychnine.

Reaction Score

14 is a word number to chose.:confused:. When I see an oddball number like that, it makes me curious, 4, 8, 10, 16, 20, 25 are the usual cutoff. Sorry, I don’t mean anything by my curious observation

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom