Week 9 - Jan 1 to 7

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe Cal is better than I thought?

Oregon actually showed up today.

Reaction Score
Cardiac Cats apparently.
Kitties in a miracle OT win down in the dirty t.

Pili hit the floor in Tempe in the first quarter on Thursday and didn't play much after, wonder if that impacted her play.

Gilbert is a baller!

Reaction Score
Colorado was destroying Arizona St., but the Devils are making a game of it in the 4th quarter.

edit--35 points for Jalyn Brown, I don't even know who she is.
Adair has 2 power 5 players.....Jaddan Simmons the CTT PG and Brown, a sophomore, is a transfer from Louisville

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Who is that tall player for Oregon? She looks bigger than everybody else!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Who is that tall player for Oregon? She looks bigger than everybody else!
Kyei? 6-8 I think.

edit--they have 6-7 Basham also

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Kyei? 6-8 I think.

edit--they have 6-7 Basham also
They have a 6'8 player AND a 6'7 player? My gosh...why not play both of them at the same time and just completely shut down anything inside?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They have a 6'8 player AND a 6'7 player? My gosh...why not play both of them at the same time and just completely shut down anything inside?
I don't think Basham is starting caliber. Vanslooten is probably their best player, don't think she would thrive at the 3. How many times has a team effectively used a twin towers in womens hoops? Even South Carolina didn't use Boston and Cardoso together all that much did they?

edit--don't listen to me, apparently Vanslooten, Kyei and Basham all started today, that's gotta be the tallest starting 5 in the country

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington is getting outrebounded 19-6 by Stanford. What?! Only down 3, not sure how that is possible.

Before the season on a Husky board, I expressed quite a bit of concern about the lack of size. Several posters told me not to worry about it. I'm worried.

Reaction Score
Treasure Hunt was once upon a time considered a big time prospect.
Goes to show.....:)

I've also noticed aside from Simmons and Brown there seems to be a conditioning issue throughout the team. Treasure Hunt has never appeared to be in basketball shape since she's been on campus. Even in shape I'm not certain that she's much more than an occasional backup at the PAC level. I mean if you can't get playing time for the Sun Devils it's telling

Preseason I got a call from Treasure Hunt to see if I was going to renew my season tickets. Evidently the AD and coach decided that having players make calls might increase retention among season ticket holders.

After last season's 20 lost campaign I decided not to renew and have attended two games since. I found that the Grand Canyon and NAU programs are much more competitive and exciting. The Sun Devils are on pace to lose out. If a coaching change isn't eminent the Devil's are likely in the wilderness for many many years

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith has no business to attempt playing PG at LSU moving forward, she is so bad. She has to be off the ball.

Their freshmen Mikaylah Williams is outstanding

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If you like overtimes, the Pac 12 has a deal for you. Second game of the day in an extra session, Cal vs. Wazzu.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I wonder when the last time Cal completed a weekend sweep? Probably more than 5 years.

Wazzu, best 0-3 in conference team in the country? Leger-Walker is finally starting to score more for them, but they are still coming up short.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like Cal is being carried by a pair of transfers, Suarez from Tennessee and Krimili from across the Bay from San Francisco.

Reaction Score
USC pulled away 68-54. Oregon was in striking range much of the game. They have too much talent to be as bad as they have been.
Oregon had no shot in thr first three road games in conference. IMO. They will be at home against the Arizona’s this weekend. That will tell the tale whether Oregon can get to 5 or 6 league wins. I doubt it but hope to be surprised. The away schedule and much of the home schedule is brutal.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford went up by 20 in Q3 (it was 5 at the half) when Jump found the range from 3. Washington managed to get the score respectable again after that, but not a good weekend for them. I've been saying their offense is junk ever since their 3 games in Hawaii. They were still winning because they were playing bad teams, but they obviously aren't gonna hold Pac 12 teams under 50 points. Scoring in the 50s themselves isn't gonna get it done.

They've been outrebounded 47-24. 71-59 final score.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom