Week 8 - Dec 25 to 31 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 8 - Dec 25 to 31

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Unless of course you're South Carolina, in which case you get to waltz into Cameron and only get called for 5 personal fouls all game.

20231223_132157.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The team that I can't understand at all how they're ranked is Florida State. Their best win is over Tennessee. They lost badly to Arkansas. They struggled to beat Florida and today they struggled at home to put away the cupcake Wake Forest, at home. Please get this team out of the top 25.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The team that I can't understand at all how they're ranked is Florida State. Their best win is over Tennessee. They lost badly to Arkansas. They struggled to beat Florida and today they struggled at home to put away the cupcake Wake Forest, at home. Please get this team out of the top 25.

Yeah... I was monitoring that score and couldn't believe Wake was playing them close. No offense @The deacon , but Wake will be playing at 6:30pm on the wednesday of the ACC tourney. Drop them and Chapel Hill, and add Davidson and fill-in-the-blank.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tuned in to watch the 2nd half of ND v Syracuse which the Orange won 86-81. The teams combined for 52 turnovers. ND without injured Prosper and Citron. Hidalgo led ND with 32 points on 29 shots.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tuned in to watch the 2nd half of ND v Syracuse which the Orange won 86-81. The teams combined for 52 turnovers. ND without injured Prosper and Citron. Hidalgo led ND with 32 points on 29 shots.
I give Hidalgo 29 points on 28 shots, since I refuse to count the meaningless 3-pointer at the buzzer with her team team down 8.

Wait—this just in: Ivey announced at the presser that they were petitioning the NCAA for a waiver to have the final 3-pointer count as 9 points. Legal experts say it could go either way. The ex-coach in the ACC Network studio says it's a really strong case.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
USC-UcLA : at least future games would be for Big 10 supremacy and will likely be televised on a real network.

Only if its on the network Fox. I don't subscribe to the package that has the Big !0 Network or Fox Sports when I stream. I actually get to see the Pac 12 games. I'll miss the conference, the network, and their theme music.

Reaction Score
Virginia looking better than I thought, lead NC St at the half. The closer you look at that roster, there is definitely some very talented kids on it. I know things for them have been fluctuating with kids in and out of lineups to injury.

Plebe

Reaction Score
As part of the final installment of the Civil War series as conference rivals, the Oregon State Beavers ran away from the Oregon Ducks in the 2nd half. OSU shot 22% in the first half and trailed 23-15 at the break, and then outscored UO 47-18 in the second half.

What a frighteningly dysfunctional team Oregon has been this year. All I can think is that Mark Campbell must have been a very important piece of their success.

Oregon is now 9-5 overall and will be quite hard-pressed just to finish .500 on the year. The Oregon schools play 10 of their 18 conference regular season games against Stanford-UCLA-USC-Utah-Colorado.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Illinois really isn't all that great though, they are 6-5 with some not so great losses. Hell they lost to Missouri and their last game took a late run to beat UTEP

Ill played Indiana to 77-71

Reaction Score
As part of the final installment of the Civil War series as conference rivals, the Oregon State Beavers ran away from the Oregon Ducks in the 2nd half. OSU shot 22% in the first half and trailed 23-15 at the break, and then outscored UO 47-18 in the second half.

What a frighteningly dysfunctional team Oregon has been this year. All I can think is that Mark Campbell must have been a very important piece of their success.

Oregon is now 9-5 overall and will be quite hard-pressed just to finish .500 on the year. The Oregon schools play 10 of their 18 conference regular season games against Stanford-UCLA-USC-Utah-Colorado.
I think Graves days are numbered. They may give him one more year then pull the trigger next year if there isn't drastic improvement. I believe his contract runs through 25-26. Good recruiter but has been unable to maintain any type of success at Oregon since Sabrina left. Constant attrition of high end talent (who have all had success at their current schools)

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think Graves days are numbered. They may give him one more year then pull the trigger next year if there isn't drastic improvement. I believe his contract runs through 25-26. Good recruiter but has been unable to maintain any type of success at Oregon since Sabrina left. Constant attrition of high end talent (who have all had success at their current schools)
2029, per this article:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cameron Brink's right hand/base of her thumb is heavily taped up. Anybody know what happened?

Reaction Score
Cameron Brink's right hand/base of her thumb is heavily taped up. Anybody know what happened?
She took a fall in the second half of the Cal game and her hand hit the floor. According to the team, her hand is fine ( and she did just hit most of her free throws and a 3 in this game).
For anyone wondering why this game was scheduled, it looks like four of Morgan State's players are from California, including one from San Francisco and one from Oakland. Morgan State was probably looking for Bay Area opponents (and Stanford was probably looking for opponents willing to come to California in December).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She took a fall in the second half of the Cal game and her hand hit the floor. According to the team, her hand is fine ( and she did just hit most of her free throws and a 3 in this game).
For anyone wondering why this game was scheduled, it looks like four of Morgan State's players are from California, including one from San Francisco and one from Oakland. Morgan State was probably looking for Bay Area opponents (and Stanford was probably looking for opponents willing to come to California in December).
Morgan St. got two games out of this West Coast trip, played Oregon St. a few days earlier.

Not surprisingly, this one is a huge blowout. 75-27 starting Q4.

Reaction Score

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Just shows to go ya — sustained success is not as easy as it seems.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I've actually been hoping players would get T'd up for this for years, but didn't know it happened.
Well, when it happens to one of the teams you follow, please let me know how you feel about it. I wasn't happy. It was stupid...the officials insinuating themselves into the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom