Week 8 - Dec 25 to 31 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 8 - Dec 25 to 31

Reaction Score
Let me know if you find the secret to getting excited about traveling thousands of miles to play Pitt, Clemson, Boston College, Wake Forest, and oh joy now SMU as well.

The whole state of affairs is such an indictment on the venality and inanity of the cartels that traffic in college athletics.
The coast to coast and heartland travel schedules for all sports for former Pac-12 schools Stanford, Cal, OR, WA, UCLA and USC are going to drive the players and coaches bonkers. I think Stanford and Cal should have stuck it out with OSU and WSU, but maybe their academic snobbery didn't allow that. At least in the ACC they have Duke to cuddle up to.

Reaction Score
The coast to coast and heartland travel schedules for all sports for former Pac-12 schools Stanford, Cal, OR, WA, UCLA and USC are going to drive the players and coaches bonkers. I think Stanford and Cal should have stuck it out with OSU and WSU, but maybe their academic snobbery didn't allow that. At least in the ACC they have Duke to cuddle up to.
Add UVA, Notre Dame and UNC. Yeah, I know UNC ‘s history of athletic cheating on academics in football and mbb but they are a fine academic institution otherwise. BC and GTech ain’t shabby.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Add UVA, Notre Dame and UNC. Yeah, I know UNC ‘s history of athletic cheating on academics in football and mbb but they are a fine academic institution otherwise. BC and GTech ain’t shabby.
If we're talking purely academics, the ACC is an undisputed upgrade from the Pac-9* for Stanford and Cal. Outside of fUCLA and U$C, the rest of the Pac were fine but not notably academic schools, and schools like Wake Forest and Boston College, while not athletic powerhouses, are much closer to "peer" schools academically than ASU et al...

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a big deal in football at all, but the other sports are going to have problems.

Still, long flights are probably as good a study hall opportunity as anything. And it's not like they weren't already making trips and missing class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom