Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24)

Reaction Score
Someone scored 41 points Sunday for George Mason. Her name is Nicole Cardano-Hillary. She says she plays her best when she’s having fun. Guess she had a ball Sunday.
These intl players are becoming nice equalizers.

Geo Mason won 78-68 over Penn State. Penn State led by double figures at the half. Then Cardona-Hillary brought out the party favors and had a blast!

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Someone scored 41 points Sunday for George Mason. Her name is Nicole Cardano-Hillary. Geo Mason 76-68 over Penn State. Penn State led by double figures at the half.
I recognize that name. She was the second-leading scorer for GM as a freshman the same year that Natalie Butler had all her double-doubles there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I noticed the boxscore for that State/St Mary's game. Three players who tore their ACL last season came off the bench. Grace Hunter played 26 minutes.. and scored 13 pts..... Erika Cassell played 6 minutes... and Kailia Ealey who missed all of last season played 10 minutes.

#14 NC State (5-0) beats St. Marys (2-3), 87-70, scoring a season-high and surrendering a season-high. Six Wolfpack Women finished in double-figures, led by freshman Jakia Brown-Turner (16), Kayla Jones had 14, and Grace Hunter and Jada Boyd 13 each. Taycee Weedin led St. Marys with 20 points, while Sam Simons and Emily Codding contributed 16 each for the Gaels.

NC State shot 54.8% from the field, including 11 of 22 from THREE. St. Marys shot 37.5% for the game, but was 16 of 34 from THREE. The Wolfpack Women out-rebounded St. Marys, 43-23, led by Kayla Jones with 11 and Elissa Cunane with 9. Codding led St. Marys in boards with 6.

NC State committed 15 turnovers...while St. Marys had 10.

Next up: a date with Texas on Friday. The Wolfpack Women will be looking for revenge after losing an 84-80 heartbreaker to the Longhorns in the 2nd round of the NCAAT back in 2017, after a controversial charging call on Miah Spencer that I am STILL upset about!

I hope yall beat the bull crap outta those bovines :mad: That loss hurt me.... and Im a Duke fan. Yall got robbed down in Austin.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I noticed the boxscore for that State/St Mary's game. Three players who tore their ACL last season came off the bench. Grace Hunter played 26 minutes.. and scored 13 pts..... Erika Cassell played 6 minutes... and Kailia Ealey who missed all of last season played 10 minutes.

I hope yall beat the bull crap outta those bovines :mad: That loss hurt me.... and Im a Duke fan. Yall got robbed down in Austin.

Yes..it was good to see Ealey get back onto the floor for the first time since the end of the 2017-2018 season. She was a little tentative at first but the more she plays, the more comfortable she'll be going forward. Grace Hunter seemed to be rounding into form, and even nailed a THREE late in the game.

As far as Texas goes...I feel the same way you do. Would love to have a big blowout win but there is still a lot of talent on their bench...so I expect a nice, hard-fought game. If NC State has any advantage, it is depth; the Wolfpack Women have lots of weapons this season. Konig is a senior; this season will be NC State's best shot in over 20 years to go deep into the post-season.

Reaction Score
There are a few more freshman out there beyond the freshman on the Maryland squad, and way too early to be anointing any player for national player of the year (freshman or otherwise).
Correct it is still early. But the early return are that Boston and Owusu are the two best freshmen so far. Destiny Slocum won national freshman of the year averaging 11.5 ppg. Owusu is averaging 14.7 right now. Rhyne Howard last year averaged an impressive 16.4 ppg

Reaction Score
Correct it is still early. But the early return are that Boston and Owusu are the two best freshmen so far. Destiny Slocum won national freshman of the year averaging 11.5 ppg. Owusu is averaging 14.7 right now. Rhyne Howard last year averaged an impressive 16.4 ppg
Again, there are plenty of other freshman in D1 that are having as good or better seasons thus far. For example, Taylor Jones, Oregon State, has been named "Freshman of the week in the PAC-12" twice already, averaging 16.4 pts/game, and, shooting .623 from the field. Will she be national freshman of the year? I don't know, but it is far too early to know, and, there are many incredible freshman out there to know.

Reaction Score
P5 freshman scoring averages (had to add in Fair because, well, 26.4 PPG)
Dyaisha Fair, 5-5 G, Buffalo - 26.4 PPG
Makayla Daniels, 5-8 G, Arkansas - 16.6 PPG
Taylor Jones, 6-4 F, Oregon State, 16.4 PPG
Malu Tshitenge, 6-3 F, North Carolina - 15.8 PPG
Sam Brunelle, 6-2 F, Notre Dame - 15.3 PPG
Alexis Tucker, 5-11 G, Texas Tech - 15.3 PPG

Reaction Score
Great find. Other than scoring average Boston has been as dominant on defense as any player in college basketball. Owusu in addition to her solid scoring has an impressive 6/1 assist to turnover ratio. Tshitenge has been dominant on the boards as well as scoring. I'm surprised that so many freshmen are doing so well early this season.

Reaction Score
Saw Daniels play in person vs Cal. She’s faster than she looks on TV. More talented than I thought but doesn’t pass the ball. But that’s Arkansas’s whole team besides Dungee.

Reaction Score
Great find. Other than scoring average Boston has been as dominant on defense as any player in college basketball. Owusu in addition to her solid scoring has an impressive 6/1 assist to turnover ratio. Tshitenge has been dominant on the boards as well as scoring. I'm surprised that so many freshmen are doing so well early this season.

Boston has been delightful.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I mentioned this earlier, but I saw parts of the Buffalo-Stanford game and Dyaisha Fair is the real deal. Extremely quick, great motor, very confident for a freshman.

Buffalo has been a more successful program in the past few years than Arkansas, North Carolina and Texas Tech. It would be unfair IMO to exclude a Buffalo freshman from a "top freshmen" list while including freshmen from lesser programs.

Reaction Score
I mentioned this earlier, but I saw parts of the Buffalo-Stanford game and Dyaisha Fair is the real deal. Extremely quick, great motor, very confident for a freshman.

Buffalo has been a more successful program in the past few years than Arkansas, North Carolina and Texas Tech. It would be unfair IMO to exclude a Buffalo freshman from a "top freshmen" list while including freshmen from lesser programs.
For sure. I was just doing P5 for most of it because I didn't feel like adding them from way lesser teams, but Fair certainly deserves to be on the list. Buffalo is also still without Hemphill, so they'll be even better when she returns. I read a tweet that said she was day to day, but have no idea how credible the source was. A family friend of mine's daughter scrimmaged Buffalo early this season and I was wowed by her game, and to see it translating so well is impressive. She was a big time steal for them.

Alex Fowler is tearing it up at Portland too. She was very good at U19, definitely looked like she was a major steal for Portland.

MPG is also a big factor here too, just because it varies so much.

Reaction Score
For sure. I was just doing P5 for most of it because I didn't feel like adding them from way lesser teams, but Fair certainly deserves to be on the list. Buffalo is also still without Hemphill, so they'll be even better when she returns. I read a tweet that said she was day to day, but have no idea how credible the source was. A family friend of mine's daughter scrimmaged Buffalo early this season and I was wowed by her game, and to see it translating so well is impressive. She was a big time steal for them.

Alex Fowler is tearing it up at Portland too. She was very good at U19, definitely looked like she was a major steal for Portland.

MPG is also a big factor here too, just because it varies
Frosh to look out for: Evelien Lutje Schipholt, 6’2 forward/post from Netherlands. Plays at Cal. She’s impressive. Had a double/double last game vs Arkansas. Wasn’t her stats it was her presence on the court. She has great awareness and feel for the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom