Week 2: Other Games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 2: Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pitt basketball being terrible in the ACC was the most predictable outcome of the breakup of the OBE. There was no way they could stay competitive without access to New York recruits. In the Big East, they could pitch 2-3 games a year in New York metro and were considered local. In the ACC, they are just another program trying to get New York talent.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pitt basketball being terrible in the ACC was the most predictable outcome of the breakup of the OBE. There was no way they could stay competitive without access to New York recruits. In the Big East, they could pitch 2-3 games a year in New York metro and were considered local. In the ACC, they are just another program trying to get New York talent.
Capel's buyout was $15 mill this season. Next year it goes down to $5 mill. I fully expect Brandin Knight to be coaching Pitt next year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Capel's buyout was $15 mill this season. Next year it goes down to $5 mill. I fully expect Brandin Knight to be coaching Pitt next year.

I don't think Capel is a terrible coach, it is just a tough place to win. Jamie Dixon knew what he was doing when he left a program that had won 20+ games in 14 of the prior 15 seasons to try to rescue a bad TCU program. Pitt in the ACC is a very tough place to have a successful basketball program. It is a northern city in a southern league with a thin local recruiting market, and the Big 10 takes over about 50 miles to the west. The fact that Pittsburgh is a decent city is the only thing the program has going for it.

Reaction Score
Pitt was up 4 with under 2 and a half minutes left, but gave up a run to end the game and lost by 4. Pitt shot 14-21 from the FT line and 5-22 from three, so that one hurts

VCU takes 3rd place in the Legends Classic

Reaction Score
Colorado State and Murray State wins could have tournament implications.
And Pitt hoops to the ACC has been a disaster. Almost as bad as Nebraska to the B1G.

Reaction Score
So #24 A&M went down today. #20 Michigan is down 18 in the first half. #15 TCU lost today, and #21 Dayton lost earlier this week. #19 Illinois plays #8 UCLA tomorrow night.

If we take care of business with another big win tomorrow, and a couple things roll our way tonight and tomorrow night, I think sneaking into the top 20 is a possibility.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Three of the Pac 12's better programs lost to UMass, Sam Houston State and California Baptist last night. I have been a college basketball junkie for 30+ years and I had never heard of California Baptist before last night. Pac 12 teams have lost to low majors Prairie View A&M, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, Grambling, Sam Houston State, California Baptist, and Texas Southern, and the season is not even two full weeks old.

How did a major conference get this bad at one of the major sports?

Reaction Score
Three of the Pac 12's better programs lost to UMass, Sam Houston State and California Baptist last night. I have been a college basketball junkie for 30+ years and I had never heard of California Baptist before last night. Pac 12 teams have lost to low majors Prairie View A&M, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, Grambling, Sam Houston State, California Baptist, and Texas Southern, and the season is not even two full weeks old.

Then Tennessee lets Colorado beat them by 12 and that doesn't help anything.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

The west coast doesn’t really care about college sports.

Reaction Score
Why am I watching UMass vs. Murray State? No idea.

Hopefully Rahsool gets some minutes!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Buffalo was beating Drake much of the game, between 5-9 points then suddenly I looked away and they lost by 8.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Crap happens when you play cupcakes. They tend to lose. - a lot

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Colorado State and Murray State wins could have tournament implications.
And Pitt hoops to the ACC has been a disaster. Almost as bad as Nebraska to the B1G.
Watched the second half of the Murray st game. They are a tournament team

Reaction Score
Frank Martin has UMass playing HARD. Very high effort and very high intensity for the full 40 minutes. Got 11 more offensive rebounds than Murray state and shot 16 more shots. Overcame a double digit second half deficit and stole the game on a BEAUTIFUL game winner

Pretty crazy ending. Murray State had an unforced turnover with about 25 seconds left down 1, just threw the ball out of bounds. UMass got fouled and missed both. Murray State (maybe??) traveled but refs called a foul, made both with 7 seconds left to go up 1. Then UMass hit a crazy stepback fadeaway contested 3 to win it. On to the championship game!

Rahsool got good minutes but was mostly a spot up shooter. 6pts on 2-6 shooting (4 of the shots were threes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom