Week 2: Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 2: Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is why you schedule 7 major conference opponents instead of 5: three or so don't end up being very good.
Analytics say schedule garbage and crush them. That philosophy works until your actual OOC games fall thru. Personally, I hate it. Schedule the best and beat them.

If this continues and Villanova lays a dud season, our seeding will suffer.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Analytics say schedule garbage and crush them. That philosophy works until your actual OOC games fall thru. Personally, I hate it. Schedule the best and beat them.

I hope that the NCAA changes the NET so that it does not reward beating up on cupcakes.

Reaction Score

Or win 26 regular season games and be a 2 seed.

Reaction Score
Is it me seeing what I want to see or are the "mid-majors" raising their overall game such that putting 10 Big14 teams and 8 ACC teams in tournament "cause they play such hard league schedules" finally going to be seen as the BS that it is.

Reaction Score
Is it me seeing what I want to see or are the "mid-majors" raising their overall game such that putting 10 Big14 teams and 8 ACC teams in tournament "cause they play such hard league schedules" finally going to be seen as the BS that it is.

Although that would be ideal because I hate the B1G unless we're in it. They are overrated every year, but get 8-10 teams in because they beat each other up in conference and all the pundits think they are the best.

Reaction Score
Although that would be ideal because I hate the B1G unless we're in it. They are overrated every year, but get 8-10 teams in because they beat each other up in conference and all the pundits think they are the best.
speaking of the big10, MSU does not belong in the champions classic with UK, Duke, and KU. Those are 3 of the 4 bluest blooded programs along with UNC.

but If the champs classic didnt want both duke and unc then the fourth team should have been UCLA, IU, or Nova. Can't blame them for not inviting us as we hit rock bottom over the past decade... but MSU is not a blue blood.

sure They are the best of the seven programs with 2 national chips but still haven't won one in over 20 years. They arent even the best big10 program. They dont have as many chips or final four appearances as IU and are only 6th in all time regular season Big10 championships (i was surprised to learn that purdue has the most).

the big10 media hype train just blows smoke up their arses and makes everyone think theyre a blue blood

Reaction Score
speaking of the big10, MSU does not belong in the champions classic with UK, Duke, and KU. Those are 3 of the 4 bluest blooded programs along with UNC.

but If the champs classic didnt want both duke and unc then the fourth team should have been UCLA, IU, or Nova. Can't blame them for not inviting us as we hit rock bottom over the past decade... but MSU is not a blue blood.

sure They are the best of the seven programs with 2 national chips but still haven't won one in over 20 years. They arent even the best big10 program. They dont have as many chips or final four appearances as IU and are only 6th in all time regular season Big10 championships (i was surprised to learn that purdue has the most).

the big10 media hype train just blows smoke up their arses and makes everyone think theyre a blue blood
Why UCLA, IU, and Nova over UConn?

I could maybe see UCLA but IU and Nova?

Reaction Score
Colgate's team last year was much better than this year's team.
This is true. But you know Univ of Southern Canada has become completely irrelevant when they are only favored by seven points in this game. The state of that program makes me feel sad… but then schadenfreude kicks in!

Reaction Score
Why UCLA, IU, and Nova over UConn?

I could maybe see UCLA but IU and Nova?
we were more worthy of an initial invitation back in 2011 than MSU was, but would have probably been kicked out and replaced with someone else around 2018 when we were trolling the depths of the aac. my vote woulda been Nova at that time.

Reaction Score
we were more worthy of an initial invitation back in 2011 than MSU was, but would have probably been kicked out and replaced with someone else around 2018 when we were trolling the depths of the aac. my vote woulda been Nova at that time.
Your vote would've been Nova who won one National Championship in '85 at that point over UConn who won a National Championship in '99 '04 and '11 at that point?

That's pretty strange coming from a UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Your vote would've been Nova who won one National Championship in '85 at that point over UConn who won a National Championship in '99 '04 and '11 at that point?

i thought i clarified myself in the last post when i said Nova woulda been my vote as a replacement team around 2018, but allow me to rephrase.

if not UNC, then UCLA, IU, or UConn should have been invited to join the champs classic instead of MSU back in 2011. at the very least MSU should have been replaced with Nova around 5 years ago. likewise Nova woulda replaced us if we'd been an original invitee due to our declining status.

but my main point was that there were and are better options than MSU which is overhyped...that's the point i was hoping to get a reaction to

Reaction Score

I couldn't see Nova or even IU. There was nothing both of them did recently when this Classic was started. UCLA is even a stretch because of recent success not being there around that time.

If we want to go with winners around that time, then maybe Florida because they won back to back in the 00's. But we should have been at the top of the list next to UK, KU, and Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom