Week 2 Big Games: | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week 2 Big Games:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Seems like some of these holiday tournaments have gotten a bit spicy ... and I'm here for it. :D UGA-VCU and apparently Memphis-St Johns.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Park-Lane definitely one my favorites to watch.

Does anyone know why Coach Abe and the entire Georgia team, except a couple of assistants, left the court without shaking hands or even acknowledging their opponents?

Georgia actually won the tournament on point differential, but Coach Abe didn't hang around to pick up the trophy.

Plebe

Reaction Score
My Ladyjacks may be having a bit of a down year by their lofty standards. But that doesn't mean they can't lay the wood on some overprivileged team from one of those "Poser-5" conferences that people are always fawning over.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Coach Abe and the entire Georgia team, except a couple of assistants, left the court without shaking hands or even acknowledging their opponents?

Georgia actually won the tournament on point differential, but Coach Abe didn't hang around to pick up the trophy.

That's crazy.

Jan 2 and Feb 26. Home and Away vs South Carolina...

I might have to tune in :D

Reaction Score

Wait for real? I didn't hear about that but disappointing if true. That isn't very classy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My Ladyjacks may be having a bit of a down year by their lofty standards. But that doesn't mean they can't lay the wood on some overprivileged team from one of those "Poser-5" conferences that people are always fawning over.

That tower can't be in Nagochedes (or however you spell it)

Reaction Score
Looks like another Baylor vs Michigan matchup this season. This time for the Gulf Coast Showcase Championship. I think it's the 3rd straight season they've matched up. Both teams had real solid wins today

Plebe

Reaction Score
That tower can't be in Nagochedes (or however you spell it)
Ahem, it's spelled Nacogdoches and pronounced NACK-uh-DOH-chis

And they're called the purple victory lights atop the Steen Towers for a reason.

(Not that tall really, maybe about 10 or so floors.)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ahem, it's spelled Nacogdoches and pronounced NACK-uh-DOH-chis

And they're called the purple victory lights atop the Steen Towers for a reason.

(Not that tall really, maybe about 10 or so floors.)

Ha. ok. From the first twitter vid it looked like it was some building out by the Galleria in Houston. :confused:

NC State does the same thing when they win a game... they light up one of the towers on campus

@LETTERL

Reaction Score
Ha. ok. From the first twitter vid it looked like it was some building out by the Galleria in Houston. :confused:

NC State does the same thing when they win a game... they light up one of the towers on campus

@LETTERL
South Carolina lights up the Capstone for significant wins.
1669518606662.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, I knew Washington wasn't gonna remain undefeated for too long...but I wasn't expecting their first loss today against Santa Clara. Disappointing. This is the third straight games where the starters just aren't hardly putting any points on the board. Time for a change to the starting lineup.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, I knew Washington wasn't gonna remain undefeated for too long...but I wasn't expecting their first loss today against Santa Clara. Disappointing. This is the third straight games where the starters just aren't hardly putting any points on the board. Time for a change to the starting lineup.

Just when I was dusting off my vintage Purple Husky hats, back under the bed they go.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wait for real? I didn't hear about that but disappointing if true. That isn't very classy.
Coach Abe and "classy" are not likely to cohabitate in the same sentence.

There's a reason she's not well liked among UConn fans.

Jan 2 and Feb 26. Home and Away vs South Carolina...

I might have to tune in
:D

If her Georgia teams replicate against SC the tactics that her UCF teams used against UConn, they'll make Cunningham look like a Sunday school teacher by comparison and Dawn will lose her mind.

Reaction Score
If her Georgia teams replicate against SC the tactics that her UCF teams used against UConn, they'll make Cunningham look like a Sunday school teacher by comparison and Dawn will lose her mind.
So you’re telling me to load up on my popcorn for those games? I’m on it!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Coach Abe and "classy" are not likely to cohabitate in the same sentence.

There's a reason she's not well liked among UConn fans.

Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF

Plebe

Reaction Score
I did a little digging because I was curious. The 86 points scored by Seton Hall in today's win over Georgia is the most points scored on a Coach Abe team since UConn defeated UCF by a score of 93-57 in January 2019.

Maybe she was so livid about her team's soft defense that she couldn't handle a handshake line.

Reaction Score
Want to give a shout out to the Delaware Blue Hens under first year coach Sarah Jenkins who handed Illinois their first loss of the season today, 83-80 in Daytona. I know Illinois isn't particularly great (neither are the Hens), but I like to see the CAA team take down the B1G.

Also, Arkansas played what is undoubtedly their best defensive game of the year to beat previously unbeaten (and #25 AP) Kansas State, 69-53 to win the Paradise Jam. And it wasn't that close. KSU had been averaging over 80 ppg. The Hogs still look pretty creaky at times, but this was a good win.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Want to give a shout out to the Delaware Blue Hens under first year coach Sarah Jenkins who handed Illinois their first loss of the season today, 83-80 in Daytona. I know Illinois isn't particularly great (neither are the Hens), but I like to see the CAA team take down the B1G.
Both teams in this game are under new head coaches.

Illinois's schedule is nothing to brag about, but it's worth noting that their 6-0 start under coach Shauna Green was their best in over 35 years. Their next 5 games will be more revealing: Pitt, Indiana, Rutgers, Butler, Missouri.

I'll be rooting for the Blue Hens to win the Colonial.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Both teams in this game are under new head coaches.

Illinois's schedule is nothing to brag about, but it's worth noting that their 6-0 start under coach Shauna Green is their best in over 35 years.

I'll be rooting for the Blue Hens to win the Colonial.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You rooting for the Blue Hens over the newest member of the Colonial?? My Aggies of NC A&T ???

Plebe

Reaction Score
You rooting for the Blue Hens over the newest member of the Colonial?? My Aggies of NC A&T ???
I'm too loyal to the MEAC to root for those turncoats :D
Maybe if the Carolina Aggies pay their dues for a few years, I'll warm to them :p

Reaction Score

AXE EM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom