Week 2 Big Games: | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 2 Big Games:

Reaction Score
Its been a tough night for Clark shooting only 1-8 from the field, although she is 8-8 at the FT line with 7 rebounds and 5 assists with 0 turnovers at the half.

Iowa can put up points and lots of them but they are going to need to work on the defense.
When Clark is off the coach needs to do her JOB and tell her to take less 3s and more 2s. I've lost track of how many close games Iowa has lost because Clark shot them out of the game with her "logo" 3s. She can easily get to the basket or foul line (even when she isn't fouled).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Was Oregon St. vs. Eastern Washington a big game? I actually went to it w/ an assortment of relatives. Beavs had their hands full. Pulled out a win, but was kinda nerve racking most of the way. Can't seem to get a box score, but I think von Oelfhoffen scored 30. She also got injured about 4 times by my eye. She was hobbling most of the 4th quarter but gutted it out. Rueck seemed intent on ignoring the fact she was hurt.

Reaction Score
Looks like Tennessee may have begun to right the ship. They’re up by 40 against Rutgers in the 3rd quarter. Horston is playing, which is great news for them.

Reaction Score
Looks like Tennessee may have begun to right the ship. They’re up by 40 against Rutgers in the 3rd quarter. Horston is playing, which is great news for them.
Rickea Jackson scores so easy. I like that they tweaked their starting lineup as well. I'm glad they r playing well, should be done really fun games over the next couple of days.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm not sure beating up on a really bad Rutgers team is really a sign of 'righting the ship'. Certainly would be a bad sign if they were not winning big, but ... this isn't CViv's team in her glory years.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure beating up on a really bad Rutgers team is really a sign of 'righting the ship'. Certainly would be a bad sign if they were not winning big, but ... this isn't CViv's team in her glory years.
Same. I just see it as there's still a pulse.

Reaction Score
Yup, only thing Harper may not be happy with is the turnovers, which I think TN had 21 turnovers.

I feel for my friend @Coler, Rutgers was left in a horrible spot this year.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Yup, only thing Harper may not be happy with is the turnovers, which I think TN had 21 turnovers.

I feel for my friend @Coler, Rutgers was left in a horrible spot this year.
Congrats to Tennessee for finally playing like they have superior talent and height at every position.

Black And White No GIF

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
How long ago was her last "glory year"?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It all stopped when we signed the FAB 5 class in like 08. That was the beginning of the end, imo.
2007-8 was the last time CViv took a team to the E8, but with her defensive systems her teams were still a pain in the neck for many more years! Offensively they were often 'challenged' but that defense gave many players nightmares.

They were 3rd in the Big10 in 18-19 and again in 20-21 so not chopped liver. But they crashed last year and this year I'm not sure they are any better.

I am happy CViv got her 1000 wins and then some, but it really was time to go I think.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
2007-8 was the last time CViv took a team to the E8, but with her defensive systems her teams were still a pain in the neck for many more years! Offensively they were often 'challenged' but that defense gave many players nightmares.

They were 3rd in the Big10 in 18-19 and again in 20-21 so not chopped liver. But they crashed last year and this year I'm not sure they are any better.

I am happy CViv got her 1000 wins and then some, but it really was time to go I think.
Still after that class stepped foot on campus, Rutgers was not elite again. CVS started, IMO recruiting players based on their hype or rankings and less about what players fit into Rutgers brand of basketball.

April Sykes, Nikki Speed, Brooklyn Pope, Chelsey Lee, and Jasmine Dixon didn’t fit into what CVS wanted to do on the court. Two of those players ended up transferring and Rutgers never got back to the level they were before.

That’s just my opinion though.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Still after that class stepped foot on campus, Rutgers was not elite again. CVS started, IMO recruiting players based on their hype or rankings and less about what players fit into Rutgers brand of basketball.

April Sykes, Nikki Speed, Brooklyn Pope, Chelsey Lee, and Jasmine Dixon didn’t fit into what CVS wanted to do on the court. Two of those players ended up transferring and Rutgers never got back to the level they were before.

That’s just my opinion though.
Always thought she struggled with the new wave of recruits coming out of HS/AAU - hard for a defensive demon of a coach to convince score first players to put the effort in on the other end. Still, 3 years of 20+ wins from 2018-20 was pretty good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Out in the streets, a Terrier wouldn't stand a chance of beating a Panther, but alas.... games are played on the hardwood . In the first of a few throw out the record book games for HPU, The Methodists from South Carolina defeat The Methodists from NC :(

woff.jpg

We need to sweep Stonybrook, Georgetown, Wake Forest and Virginia Tech to turn our season around :oops:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You might need to push HPU a bit further down the list of your teams you root for.

Reaction Score
Arizona teams in action, all with 2pm tip offs today (Sunday).

The Sun Devils travel to Albuquerque to take on the wandering Lobos and the La Duff twins. In their last game against New Mexico State the wandering Lobos scored 2 points in the first quarter and 27 through three before exploding in the fourth quarter to exceed that total and drive the game and OT by scoring 30 in the 4th. They dropped this OT decision and I'm wondering if the Sun Devils can duplicate this kind of defensive pressure against the La Duff twins. A win keeps the Sun Devils undefeated which would be very deceptive as this is a possible 20 loss team.

The NAU Lumberjacks host Park in a celebration of Indigenous peoples. While I don't expect the Jacks to top the century mark the friendly confines of Rolle Activity center should certainly provide a welcoming environment for Emily Rodabaugh and her fellow three-point sharpshooters. Looking for senior point guard Regan Schenck to dish out double-digit dimes.

Finally not to neglect that school south on i-17 the kitties host Long Beach State in a continuation of a real impressive non-conference schedule and will run their record to 4-0. Former Sun Devil Jade Loville has yet to hit her stride offensively and is a shooting under 40% from the field (although above 50% from beyond three). Barnes has a talented and deep team so I'm wondering how much patience she's going to have with Jade as some of the younger talent develops.

Great day for fans of Arizona women's basketball. The only downside is how to incorporate that one versus two match into the viewing schedule. My season tickets to the Jacks will put me a Rolle Activity center at 2:00 so I'll miss the second half in a game in which I think Standford represents the Pac-12 well against the next national champions.

Like the rest of the Byers I'm really pumped for that 11:00 a.m. Arizona time tip against the Wolfpack. While we won't have another game for the ages this should be a really great game and given what's happening with Texas a more accurate test of where we fall on the national stage.

Reaction Score
was just coming to see if there was any chatter about this game. when I checked Drake was up 39-30 with 4:47 left in second.
Drake went on to really pound University of Nebraska Cornhuskers. Wondering if this is a reflection on Amy Williams and her squad or on Drake.

Reaction Score
James Madison giving North Carolina all they can handle. JMU up 4 at half. Need to switch to Stanford game now though.

Reaction Score
MS State defeats Col State 71 to 66.

Mtn West folks better get ready, Col State has several deadly 3 point shooters, a couple ladies with length and a good point guard. I could see them winning their conference easily. Transfer Boyd is dead eye with a hand in her face 3 pt shooter.

Purcell sized down in the 4th quarter to cover their 3 point spacing and they still came back to within 3 with 20 secs left.

Really liking Purcell's coaching, he is utilizing his players well, pushing for intense Def, and actually running set plays and pick and roll.

Reaction Score
Arizona teams in action, all with 2pm tip offs today (Sunday).

The Sun Devils travel to Albuquerque to take on the wandering Lobos and the La Duff twins. In their last game against New Mexico State the wandering Lobos scored 2 points in the first quarter and 27 through three before exploding in the fourth quarter to exceed that total and drive the game and OT by scoring 30 in the 4th. They dropped this OT decision and I'm wondering if the Sun Devils can duplicate this kind of defensive pressure against the La Duff twins. A win keeps the Sun Devils undefeated which would be very deceptive as this is a possible 20 loss team.

The NAU Lumberjacks host Park in a celebration of Indigenous peoples. While I don't expect the Jacks to top the century mark the friendly confines of Rolle Activity center should certainly provide a welcoming environment for Emily Rodabaugh and her fellow three-point sharpshooters. Looking for senior point guard Regan Schenck to dish out double-digit dimes.

Finally not to neglect that school south on i-17 the kitties host Long Beach State in a continuation of a real impressive non-conference schedule and will run their record to 4-0. Former Sun Devil Jade Loville has yet to hit her stride offensively and is a shooting under 40% from the field (although above 50% from beyond three). Barnes has a talented and deep team so I'm wondering how much patience she's going to have with Jade as some of the younger talent develops.

Great day for fans of Arizona women's basketball. The only downside is how to incorporate that one versus two match into the viewing schedule. My season tickets to the Jacks will put me a Rolle Activity center at 2:00 so I'll miss the second half in a game in which I think Standford represents the Pac-12 well against the next national champions.

Like the rest of the Byers I'm really pumped for that 11:00 a.m. Arizona time tip against the Wolfpack. While we won't have another game for the ages this should be a really great game and given what's happening with Texas a more accurate test of where we fall on the national stage.
Great day for Arizona WBB.

In what was really an exhibition games, the Jacks score 110 for the second consecutive game blasting Park 111-44. Twins and NCAA basketball players Nyah and Olivia Moran combine for 20 points in the victory.

The Sun Devils rally to send the game into OT and win their 4th game 83-77 and overcome 29 points by the La Duff twins, like the Moran twins NCAA basketball players.

Finally, the kitties of Tucson led by ex Sun Devil Jade Loville in an uninspired effort take care of LBSU.

These 3 Az teams are 10-2, the two losses within the group as NAU's two losses are ASU and the kitties.

A Great Day!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom