Week 2 Big Games: | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 2 Big Games:

Reaction Score
Maryland with a win over Baylor, game went a bit closer than I thought it was going to be at first but good to see Bickle was back. Is Briggs for Maryland still injured? I was assuming she would produce much more than she has

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Out in the streets, a Terrier wouldn't stand a chance of beating a Panther, but alas.... games are played on the hardwood . In the first of a few throw out the record book games for HPU, The Methodists from South Carolina defeat The Methodists from NC :(

We need to sweep Stonybrook, Georgetown, Wake Forest and Virginia Tech to turn our season around :oops:
Well, maybe y'all can still sweep Wake and VT.

Plebe

Reaction Score
:oops: Looking like another #16 seed is in our future.
Is it safe to say that High Point is at a low point?

Fozzie at mic.gif

Reaction Score
Looking forward to tomorrows matchup between Oregon and UNC, first test for both teams. Also excited to see the different matchups for both tournaments and the uniform designs for each team.

Reaction Score
Looking over records and stats, the UNC - Oregon matchup will be pretty even up going in. I don’t really see an edge. So it comes down to who plays a better game that day rather than one team being simply superior (as many ooc continue to be).
Will make for some interesting basketball.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looking over records and stats, the UNC - Oregon matchup will be pretty even up going in. I don’t really see an edge. So it comes down to who plays a better game that day rather than one team being simply superior (as many ooc continue to be).
Will make for some interesting basketball.
Game on ESPNU 5PM start followed by Iowa's St vs Michigan State

Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving all. Good win by UNC. Was a good game. Oregon played well and lead most of the game. UNC kinda hung in there and stole it at the end.
Really like Utsby and Van Slooten.
Hope Deja and Te'hina can be a bit more efficient for their respective teams.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving all. Good win by UNC. Was a good game. Oregon played well and lead most of the game. UNC kinda hung in there and stole it at the end.
Really like Utsby and Van Slooten.
Hope Deja and Te'hina can be a bit more efficient for their respective teams.
It was a pretty high quality game overall. Van Slooten is the real deal. Oregon is a much better team IMO than last year. UNC's experience helped them play from behind and pull this one out in crunch time.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
It was a pretty high quality game overall. Van Slooten is the real deal. Oregon is a much better team IMO than last year. UNC's experience helped them play from behind and pull this one out in crunch time.
Disappointing but hopeful for Oregon fans, especially, I agree, compared to last year. To me, the best Oregon players today were the youngest ones: the 3 freshmen + Kyei (who is still, I think, the youngest, and least experienced, player on the team). What was really disappointing to me was the play of Rogers (I can't remember a game when she played worse than this--or had 8 turnovers). If she had had anything close to her normal game and the team remembered how to shoot free throws (they actually did that very well early in the season), then they might have won.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Early Game of Interest. DePaul vs MD 11AM FS1 / FS2

Reese / Morrow

Plebe

Reaction Score
DePaul upsets Maryland, 76-67. Morrow had 22 and 10, and Jorie Allen added a double-double of her own (10 and 13).

The Blue DEMONS :D continue their reign of terror over the "poser 5" teams from the East Coast, something that I'm sure @triaddukefan can attest to.

chair dance gif.gif

PS. Just don't ask me how a team can lose to Northern Illinois and Cleveland State but then beat Miami and Maryland :confused:

Reaction Score
I keep waiting for Lavender Briggs to do something but she has been a no show for Maryland this year.

Reaction Score
I keep waiting for Lavender Briggs to do something but she has been a no show for Maryland this year.
I think Maryland will continue to have trouble with their small-ball system if the search for the Lavender Briggs of Florida continues. Miller and Meyers can’t do it alone. Positionless offensive systems usually cannot afford to have players on the floor that can’t score.

Reaction Score
DePaul upsets Maryland, 76-67. Morrow had 22 and 10, and Jorie Allen added a double-double of her own (10 and 13).

The Blue DEMONS :D continue their reign of terror over the "poser 5" teams from the East Coast, something that I'm sure @triaddukefan can attest to.

View attachment 81086

PS. Just don't ask me how a team can lose to Northern Illinois and Cleveland State but then beat Miami and Maryland :confused:
If someone does have an answer and claims they also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, I call bunk!;)

Reaction Score
It's worth noting that Xavier gave Creighton a stern test today.

The game that I want to watch isn't even on Flohoops -- as UMass and Drake battle it out as two of the better mid-majors out there at the moment.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

View attachment 81086

james evANS.gif

All that dancing and the veiled reference to Duke wasn't necessary.

Not displeased with the outcome, I'll put it like this. The last time that Maryland and UNC played, I was rooting for UNC :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom