Week 2 Big Games: | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 2 Big Games:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Didn't realize the battle for Atlantis starts on Saturday. No truly big games but Louisville vs Gonzaga should be a good one. also Texas plays a Marquette team that is always well coached and brings back some starters.

I really enjoyed this interview from one of the Texas freshman. They got a good one, very mature answers.

I also watched Vic's interview as well. It was funny to hear him address some Instagram drama from after the game .

Except for that "If we focused on the things we did good in the first half,, definitely would have won the game." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Man. What a game between Iowa State and Northern Iowa. First Belmont challenging Louisville. Now Northern Iowa putting a good scare into Iowa State, the Missouri Valley conference is putting programs on notice.

The change to the zone for UNI was huge in the second half. They outscored Iowa State in the second half, but not enough to make up the difference from the first half. I'm sure some teams will be taking notes on how the zone threw the Cyclones off and try to duplicate a similar scheme.

1668649987845.png

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Cyclones shoot the 3 ball so well that they aren't probably used to facing a zone. But then when you never deal with one, it can throw you off at first even when you do have a roster of good shooters.

UNI actually did have a 2 point lead with 2 minutes to go, but ISU scored 5 unanswered points to close the game and win by 3.

You can also add the Drake/Iowa game to your list of recent games in which MVC schools gave ranked P5 opponents a big scare. :oops:

Reaction Score
Cyclones shoot the 3 ball so well that they aren't probably used to facing a zone. But then when you never deal with one, it can throw you off at first even when you do have a roster of good shooters.

UNI actually did have a 2 point lead with 2 minutes to go, but ISU scored 5 unanswered points to close the game and win by 3.

You can also add the Drake/Iowa game to your list of recent games in which MVC schools gave ranked P5 opponents a big scare. :oops:
Thanks for reminding me about Drake.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So the MVC is definitely strutting their stuff and scaring the heck out of top ten teams:
Drake takes #4 Iowa to overtime
Belmont leads # 6 Louisville with three minutes left, only to lose by 5.
and now Northern Iowa leads #7 Iowa State by 2 with 2:15 left only to lose by 3.

I blame it all on climate change!:eek:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So the MVC is definitely strutting their stuff and scaring the heck out of top ten teams:
Drake takes #4 Iowa to overtime
Belmont leads # 6 Louisville with three minutes left, only to lose by 5.
and now Northern Iowa leads #7 Iowa State by 2 with 2:15 left only to lose by 3.

I blame it all on climate change!:eek:
It's gonna take me some time to get used to Belmont being in the MVC and not OVC.

It's nice to play all these games close but it doesn't mean much if nobody can win any of them.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Northern Iowa has quite a schedule coming up. Creighton, South Dakota State, Vandy, and Iowa in the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
It's gonna take me some time to get used to Belmont being in the MVC and not OVC.

It's nice to play all these games close but it doesn't mean much if nobody can win any of them.

The NET actually factors MOV into its formula.

Reaction Score
The games tonight have been a bit of a let down minus the Iowa St game which was pretty good. OU's defense still struggling but credit to Utah. They were one of my favorites down the stretch last year.
What defense? OK is making Arkansas' defense look impenetrable! :)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I didn't weigh in early enough to claim I called this one (Utah vs. Oklahoma), but I had a feeling. Utes led them by double digits most of the game last year in Norman before letting it get away from them, and the Sooners haven't really been that impressive so far this year. Well I had a feeling the Utes would win, but not by this much.

Reaction Score
95 points in 3 quarters is insane against a top 20 team Oklahoma's defense had been really bad. I get they are not a big team but geez. So many uncontested layups.

Reaction Score
I didn't weigh in early enough to claim I called this one (Utah vs. Oklahoma), but I had a feeling. Utes led them by double digits most of the game last year in Norman before letting it get away from them, and the Sooners haven't really been that impressive so far this year. Well I had a feeling the Utes would win, but not by this much.
OK gave up 41 points in a quarter.

Reaction Score
I don't think OK defended any 3point shots in this game. These girls are wide open like in shootaround! I shut if off. Wasted bandwidth.
I love scoring as much as the next person but thats pretty unwatchable. I'm assuming the Big 12 will run through Texas this year with a healthy Harmon. I find Texas probably to be the most complete team out of everyone I've seen.

Reaction Score
What happened? :eek:
Two players got entangled after free-throws. Should have been a common foul and play on. Refs IMO just let it brew then other on court players did some regular barking. One Northwestern player did go on the court (like 2 steps and not even close to the ruckus). A second Northwestern player took literally a step to grab the first player back to the bench. The third...and the worst maybe took a half step onto the court while talking to other players on the bench. The foul on the initial entanglement was just petty. And Miles received a technical for ND even though you can clearly see her telling the players to calm down. Having said that, she's the queen of passive aggressiveness.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NAU 110 - Cal Baptist 104 in double OT.

Well the Lancer fans sure got their money's worth in a burn burner.

NAU squanders a 14 point 4th quarter lead and 5-10 3 point shooting by Emily Rodebaugh in regulation.

Cal Baptist sends the game into OT with 3 NAU players on the bench (fouled out).

No doubt how this one turns out.

Edit hold the phone the Jack score the first five points in OT!!!!

Twins Olivia and Nyah Moran lead the Jacks in the first OT.

NAU has four players fouling out as we start the second OT after Olivia Moran hits a layup as the first OT ends after the Lancers took the lead on a layup with 3 seconds in the game.

I don't see how the Jacks pull this out... Three of the four Jacks who fouled out are starters including senior point guard Regan Schenck.

This game is UNREAL.... First five touches in the second overtime lead to buckets!

Jacks win 110 -104. Would have loved to have been at this game man. Lots of missed free throws (14) in the second OT by both teams.

Lancers shoot 50 free throws in this game missing 20. There's the game for you. NAU missed 12.

Edit

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I forgot Oklahoma played last night. Tough back to back.
They struggled to put away BYU, who had already lost its first two games against pedestrian opponents. Something with OU isn't going as well as it did last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom