Week 2 Big Games: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 2 Big Games:

Reaction Score
Looks like some excellent games between ranked opponents in week 2. Polls will shake up.

Monday 11/14
Indiana @ Tennessee
Texas. @ UConn

Tuesday 11/15
Nebraska @ Creighton

Sunday 11/20
NCState @ UConn
SCar @ Stanford
Maryland @ Baylor

Pick’em if you wanna’
So Indiana ends up beating Tennessee. I didn't get a chance to watch to close as my eyes were stuck on the UConn game. Nonetheless good win for IU. Tennessee was missing Horston and still look like they are trying to figure out their rotation. I did see Franklin play well though which is encouraging.

UConn ended up topping Texas 83-76 in a pretty competitive matchup, though UConn lead by over double digits through much of the 4th. Azzi Fudd was great, Aubrey Griffin was great, a bunch of others on the UConn side were solid.

As for Texas, and i guess this is what the early season is all about, it still looks like they are figuring out rotations. I thought Taylor Jones played well but she sat for extended time in the forth quarter. Similarly i thought Shay Holle played well but she saw the bench a lot as well. Its weird Gaston had two great post moves early on and then was almost never heard from again. So i think they are trying to find the right combinations. I know they're great, and it may primarily be cuz of foul trouble but in my opinion it almost feels like he's playing the freshman too much. Obviously they missed Rori, and Shaylee G still seems to be adjusting. From what the commentators said during the DePaul scrimmage and Louisiana game, it's definitely been a challenge for her. She also arrived late. I think she will be fine
In other games from tonight, it was good to see Princeton bounce back from their loss to Villanova to beat a solid big east team in Seton Hall. Similarly South Dakota State rebounds from their Creighton loss to beat Miss St

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So Indiana ends up beating Tennessee. I didn't get a chance to watch to close as my eyes were stuck on the UConn game. Nonetheless good win for IU. Tennessee was missing Horston and still look like they are trying to figure out their rotation. I did see Franklin play well though which is encouraging.

UConn ended up topping Texas 83-76 in a pretty competitive matchup, though UConn lead by over double digits through much of the 4th. Azzi Fudd was great, Aubrey Griffin was great, a bunch of others on the UConn side were solid.

As for Texas, and i guess this is what the early season is all about, it still looks like they are figuring out rotations. I thought Taylor Jones played well but she sat for extended time in the forth quarter. Similarly i thought Shay Holle played well but she saw the bench a lot as well. Its weird Gaston had two great post moves early on and then was almost never heard from again. So i think they are trying to find the right combinations. Obviously they missed Rori, and Shaylee G still seems to be adjusting. From what the commentators said during the DePaul scrimmage and Louisiana game, it's definitely been a challenge for her. She also arrived late. I think she will be fine
In other games from tonight, it was good to see Princeton bounce back from their loss to Villanova to beat a solid big east team in Seton Hall. Similarly South Dakota State rebounds from their Creighton loss to beat Ole Miss
I was impressed by Nika’a 9 assists.

Reaction Score
Big game 11/16 7pm

NAU at Cal Baptist 7pm.

Jacks travel to Riverside to take on the Lancers.

NAU opened the season on the road against fellow Arizona schools ASU and UofA.

I'm looking for 3-point sharpshooter Emily Rodebaugh to get hot. She had her hands full defensively in the first two games and struggled against UCSD. If she regains her stroke the Jacks have a chance to pull off a road win.

Senior point guard Regan Schenck has expanded her game and has added both outside and inside scoring.

Coach Payne scored in Idaho bringing in Sophie Glancey from Boise. The freshman had moved into the starting lineup and gives the Jacks a force in the paint. For a freshman I've been very impressed with her defense. (Ignore the UofA game, while I admire Loree Payne for traveling down to Tucson and I'm sure the Jacks had quite an experience in McKale that was a mismatch from the whistle)

This should be a real entertaining game.

Reaction Score
Texas will be very good when they get Rory Harmon back at the point. Taylor Jones is a monster defender in the paint. Taylor still needs to work on her back to the basket offensive game. We miss her at OSU.
I really like Jones game. I didn't catch her much of her freshman year, where I hear she really impressed but I remember her and that 20-21 team Oregon State team with Aleah Goodman. They were really fun even though they started slow. In any event, I feel like Jones can be penciled in for 12 8 and 2 blocks if she gets 30 minutes a game this year. She's super solid and pretty consistent with those numbers. I wonder if she can improve to get to like 15 or 17 a game to be a dominant force or is that asking too much. Lol. I feel like that a lot these days, maybe having too lofty of expectations. A quick thing about last night's game. I was also saying why did she sit out a lot between the 3rd and early 4th. In fairness she did play 28 minutes which is a lot and they are deep at the post.

Just to note, it does look like the top 25 matchup between Creighton vs Nebraska game will be available on FloSports.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Holy cow I mean holy Bluejays.

Creighton took Nebraska to the woodshed for a husking they won't soon forget. Morgensen and Maly are emerging stars for Creighton.

Reaction Score
Very bad news for an already thin Baylor team, Blackwell went down with an apparent knee injury. Praying she is alright.
Sarah Andrews also went down with what looked like sprained or twisted ankle. Not good at all for Baylor if they lose 2 starters for any length of time…….

Reaction Score
Wow at Morrow's 42-piece or at losing to Cleveland State? :eek:

Gonna be a long season for DePaul ...
Is this what USC can expect in the coming years with Watkins?

Reaction Score
Not a big game but UCF beat the Fighting Camels of Campbell 62-60, on the road, last night. Lead most of the way but was too close for comfort at the end. Team started the year with some injuries in addition to the nearly complete roster turnover so we'll see how things come together over the year.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize the battle for Atlantis starts on Saturday. No truly big games but Louisville vs Gonzaga should be a good one. also Texas plays a Marquette team that is always well coached and brings back some starters.

I really enjoyed this interview from one of the Texas freshman. They got a good one, very mature answers.

I also watched Vic's interview as well. It was funny to hear him address some Instagram drama from after the game .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

It's possible that I may have overhyped the Panthers this season. :oops: They went from getting votes in the BY Preseason Poll, now they are 0-3 vs Division I foes... with Wofford, Stonybrook, Georgetown, Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech next up on the schedule. I have no idea what's wrong. :oops:

Not a big game but UCF beat the Fighting Camels of Campbell 62-60, on the road, last night. Lead most of the way but was too close for comfort at the end. Team started the year with some injuries in addition to the nearly complete roster turnover so we'll see how things come together over the year.

Hey now... that was a big game. It's tough to go into the Camels Den and emerge with a victory. I commend UCF for making that trip to Buies Creek.... most bigger schools are scared to (i may be exaggerating a bit)

Reaction Score
OU/Utah game should be a fun one tonight

Unfortunately its on the PAC12 network which I don't have access to

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ND vs Northwestern on BTN 9PM but I gather Northwestern is not that competitive anymore. A 100-57 Loss to Oregon

Reaction Score
Florida State beats Florida 92-77

Latson with a monster game leading FSU with 32 points. May end up being the freshmen of the year when its all said and done

Reaction Score

Um what the heck is going on here...

Southern Miss is 2-28 from the field with 15 turnovers...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom