Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
FWIW, although I haven't had the chance to watch the Stanford-Utah game yet, my understanding from my (admittedly biased) fan board is that some insane calls had been repeatedly going against Stanford earlier in the game, and that while a couple of these calls at the end were dubious for Utah, they were more than outweighed by the number of times Pili was no-called and/or phantom calls were made on our players earlier in the game.

But I'll agree with y'all about this: Pac-12 refs are surprisingly bad and inconsistent, and often make the game about them. Maybe that's true for every conference and I just notice it more because I mostly watch Pac-12 games, but it does seem like the reffing is an issue more with our conference games than our OOC ones.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking no. She played 13 games at USC her Soph year, I believe that is beyond the threshold for getting a redshirt. And only 19 as a Jr., so she was injury plagued while she was a Trojan, but I don't think she'll get an extra year. If she gets thru this year healthy, she will have played in about as many games in 2 years at Utah as she managed to do in 3 years at USC.

Has she used her COVID year for this season?

Reaction Score
AZ vs Oregon State seems like it was a great game. I watched most but made the rookie mistake to turn the game off when Beers missed two free throws and they were down 4 with less than a minute to go. I got mad cuz TVO was on the bench during a crucial possession down the stretch and they had a shot clock violation. Apparently she comes in later and hits the game tying three. I feel like she's been a bit more aggressive recently which I love to see. But I really wanted to post about Kennedie Shuler. She was great last night. She seems like a great athlete, can run the team, and has a little bulldog in her. She kept driving strong to the basket and finishing while the defense was on her side.

On the AZ side probably a bad loss cuz they had the game won but Breya Cunningham played great. I thought she was the second best big for most of the night. The best big while I was watching was esmery Martinez who I feel has gotten off to a slow start. But she's talented and really should be AZs best player. So in that sense it was a step in the right direction. I think they win Sunday against Oregon to salvage the weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AZ vs Oregon State seems like it was a great game. I watched most but made the rookie mistake to turn the game off when Beers missed two free throws and they were down 4 with less than a minute to go. I got mad cuz TVO was on the bench during a crucial possession down the stretch and they had a shot clock violation. Apparently she comes in later and hits the game tying three. I feel like she's been a bit more aggressive recently which I love to see. But I really wanted to post about Kennedie Shuler. She was great last night. She seems like a great athlete, can run the team, and has a little bulldog in her. She kept driving strong to the basket and finishing while the defense was on her side.

On the AZ side probably a bad loss cuz they had the game won but Breya Cunningham played great. I thought she was the second best big for most of the night. The best big while I was watching was esmery Martinez who I feel has gotten off to a slow start. But she's talented and really should be AZs best player. So in that sense it was a step in the right direction. I think they win Sunday against Oregon to salvage the weekend.
Good call re: Kennedie Schuler. OSU had 2 freshmen that played > 30 minutes. This young team is getting better every game and learning quickly what it takes to battle in the PAC-12. PAC-12 is brutal every game. I hope the PAC-12 schedule (especially losses) doesn't eliminate too many PAC-12 teams from post season play. I don't see another conference with the depth of very good teams as exists in PAC-12.

Reaction Score
Iowa State is an interesting squad. They should enter the rankings on Monday.
Ames is a tough place to play. I had pegged that as Baylors first loss. Now the Bears have 2 — tiday and the big loss to KS. Are they even a top 10 team? They have the early season home win over Utah and the TX win right after Harmon went down.

Is KSt the best team in the 12?

Reaction Score
lol Swoopes on the call and utterly confused why KSt took out Ayoka up 3

Um perhaps because the other team is probably going to shoot a 3 and you want quick defenders and not a rim protector?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Baylor and Texas will drop out.

A win at Iowa tonight would vault Indiana up as well.
So, fasten your seat belt because if Indiana does win tonight, jumps UConn and Baylor and/or Texas don’t fall after UConn, I predict anarchy on this forum. Cue @triaddukefan with the Michael Jackson popcorn GIF…

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So, fasten your seat belt because if Indiana does win tonight, jumps UConn and Baylor and/or Texas don’t fall after UConn, I predict anarchy on this forum. Cue @triaddukefan with the Michael Jackson popcorn GIF…
I'll get the torches ready

torches riot gif.gif

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
FWIW, although I haven't had the chance to watch the Stanford-Utah game yet, my understanding from my (admittedly biased) fan board is that some insane calls had been repeatedly going against Stanford earlier in the game, and that while a couple of these calls at the end were dubious for Utah, they were more than outweighed by the number of times Pili was no-called and/or phantom calls were made on our players earlier in the game.

But I'll agree with y'all about this: Pac-12 refs are surprisingly bad and inconsistent, and often make the game about them. Maybe that's true for every conference and I just notice it more because I mostly watch Pac-12 games, but it does seem like the reffing is an issue more with our conference games than our OOC ones.
I think that there are refs that work several conferences that fit your bill.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Well now. Five top 25 teams lost this week (Baylor x2). Three games left today, and another nine tomorrow. Should be an interesting AP poll on Monday, depending on what shakes out.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score

That's a rough trifecta. Especially the first 2, no excuse for those.

There were a ton of bad or questionable calls in that game (like most games, really), some benefitting each team. I hadn't seen the claim before that the inbound block was illegal.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Southern Conference action... UNC-Greensboro defeated a tough Furman squad 70-55. Too bad there isn't a BY Poll anymore, I think the Spartans might be in the also receiving votes category after today.

Huge upset in the Big South. Gardner Webb came into the game at Presbyterian with a 1-14 record. They leave with a 2-14 record with a decisive 72-58 victory over the Blue Hose. The Presbyterians couldn't handle the Baptists today, lets see how they do against the Methodists on Wednesday when they venture up to High Point.

Reaction Score
Well now. Five top 25 teams lost this week (Baylor x2). Three games left today, and another nine tomorrow. Should be an interesting AP poll on Monday, depending on what shakes out.
Folks make too much off losses imho.

#10 Tex lost on the road by 3 to #12. Is that a huge surprise that suggests they were over ranked?

The only team I’d significantly downgrade is Baylor — big bad loss to Kansas and then another loss.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
TCU lost some games recently they weren't exactly expected to win...but today lost by 11 to Houston. Dropped them to 1-4 in conference.

After struggling thru OOC, Oklahoma beat Texas Tech today to improve to 4-1 in the Big 12. This conference race is looking really interesting so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Shout out to some mid majors taking care of business in conference so far:

Grand Canyon 6-0 in the WAC
Green Bay 7-0 in the Horizon (Cleveland St. right on their heels at 6-1)
Fairfield 6-0 in the MAAC

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Michigan hammered Wisconsin by 24. Wolverines continuing their up and down season, and Badgers struggling big time. 1-5 in conference.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There is a thread going for unbeatens and winless teams. Not quite that, but Seattle U. dropped to 1-14 overall and 1-5 in the weak WAC. The West Coast version of Chicago St.

Reaction Score
I like following PAC12 Friday nights. I don't get to watch because that night of the week belongs to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. But, I do get to check my phone for updates when she leaves the room.
My wife hates Rumpole because of that phrase…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom