Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I like following PAC12 Friday nights. I don't get to watch because that night of the week belongs to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. But, I do get to check my phone for updates when she leaves the room.
Since the Pac 12 Networks got added to our cable system a few years ago, it has been great coming home from bowling on Friday nights and knowing I'll have at least one Pac 12 game to watch, and that whichever one I watch will be competitive.
I'm going to miss that next season.

Reaction Score
Did she tweet something? I saw it on a reporter's twitter and he deleted it.

This is from the post-game comments: From the newspaper..

“I would say the refs were garbage today,” Kelly said. “Those early calls were some BS and so were the late ones.”
My bad, it was the reporter who quoted her after the game. Kelly posted a tweet apologizing for making the comments.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I like following PAC12 Friday nights. I don't get to watch because that night of the week belongs to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. But, I do get to check my phone for updates when she leaves the room.
Since none of our pro teams are on tonight, we may tune in to the Stanford/Utah game. Got a guess on the winner?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Since none of our pro teams are on tonight, we may tune in to the Stanford/Utah game. Got a guess on the winner?
Utah has been coming up a bit short in all of their big games so far. Maybe they are due to finally win one, or maybe that will continue.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Weird things happen, but there is no reason Gonzaga shouldn't run the table in the WCC this year. The gap between them and everyone else is huge. They blew out Santa Clara tonight. Not really sure who the second best team in the conference is, but whoever it is I'm confident they can't hold a candle to the Zags.
Not to rub salt in the wound but next year with WSU and OSU partnering with the WCC, won't Gonzaga have some competition? I mean even if I reach out to Raegan to let her know how much appreciated she would be on the East Coast next year....:cool:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I am really interested in the ASU-Oregon game to see who really is the worst team in the Pac12 and the Arizona vs. Oregon State game to see the Kitties hopefully lose to Scott and Ms. Beers....

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not to rub salt in the wound but next year with WSU and OSU partnering with the WCC, won't Gonzaga have some competition? I mean even if I reach out to Raegan to let her know how much appreciated she would be on the East Coast next year....:cool:
They should have some competition. Plus they lose at least 4 starters who are grad students. I believe Ejim could come back for another year. They've done the reload not rebuild thing several times before, but not sure if they have the personnel for it next season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
After a whole slew of games yesterday that were either boring blowouts or tedious rock fights, finally the real basketball shows up tonight. Thank goodness for the Pac-12; I hope it never goes away.

Stanford-Utah is the headliner. But I'm noticing that Utah has a major problem with quality wins, namely they don't have any. Somehow they're #7 in the NET but their best win is over St Joe's. Lost 4 close games, 3 of them on the road and one neutral, but wow do they need to score a win against a top 50 team. Tonight they finally get their shot at a good team on home court.

Reaction Score
After a whole slew of games yesterday that were either boring blowouts or tedious rock fights, finally the real basketball shows up tonight. Thank goodness for the Pac-12; I hope it never goes away.

Stanford-Utah is the headliner. But I'm noticing that Utah has a major problem with quality wins, namely they don't have any. Somehow they're #7 in the NET but their best win is over St Joe's. Lost 4 close games, 3 of them on the road and one neutral, but wow do they desperately need to score a win against a top 50 team. Tonight they finally get their shot at a good team on home court.
Uhm . I hate to dash you hopes but . . .

Maybe the Big10, Big 12 and ACC could schedule an annual early season Reunion Tournament in Corvallis one year and Pullman the next.

Nah, never happen because it might get TV coverage

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
USC v UCLA rivalry heating up, and selling out!!

Good for SC. Their support for womens hoops and volleyball has been abysmal for years, but glad that star power will bring the crowds out. Both of the games in this rivalry were sold out this year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
My god, that missed shot clock violation followed by an absurd jump ball call followed by another bad jump ball call when Pili seemed to be fouled.

Second one-possession game in a row that Utah loses on some, uh, questionable officiating.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Last week Utah got the short end by the refs and again tonight. When the pathetic PAC12 announcers openly criticize the refs, you know it’s got to be bad.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My god, that missed shot clock violation followed by an absurd jump ball call followed by another bad jump ball call when Pili seemed to be fouled.

Second one-possession game in a row that Utah loses on some, uh, questionable officiating.
Hey, aren't you the guy who gives me a hard time whenever I question the officiating? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Great double overtime win by Oregon State over Arizona! Beers finally came alive in the second half and carried the team in the 2 overtime periods. She had a 20/20 (points/rebounds). If you didn't see this game, you missed a doozi!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Great double overtime win by Oregon State over Arizona! Beers finally came alive in the second half and carried the team in the 2 overtime periods. She had a 20/20 (points/rebounds). If you didn't see this game, you missed a doozi!
I watched it. Just another typical night in the Pac-12!

Reaction Score
Utah has been coming up a bit short in all of their big games so far. Maybe they are due to finally win one, or maybe that will continue.
Really feel for Utah, bringing everyone back after a brutal season-ending loss to LSU and then losing Kneepkens and Palmer to injuries. Feels like a “what could have been” season for them. Still a good team but their system relies on maximizing offensive firepower and their second and third options are on the bench.

Does anyone know if Pili has eligibility left? She strikes me as a player who would come back again if she does. If it’s her last go-around, it’s a shame she couldn’t do it with her stellar guards in tow.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Pili has eligibility left?
I'm thinking no. She played 13 games at USC her Soph year, I believe that is beyond the threshold for getting a redshirt. And only 19 as a Jr., so she was injury plagued while she was a Trojan, but I don't think she'll get an extra year. If she gets thru this year healthy, she will have played in about as many games in 2 years at Utah as she managed to do in 3 years at USC.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Utah is in some trouble with a 1-3 start in conference. Should be able to beat Cal, but that isn't a gimme.

Stanford vs. Colorado on Sunday has some fairly big implications already in the conference title race. Winner will be all alone on top at 5-0 (UCLA could go to 4-0 w/ a win over USC).

Washington St. is facing a just about must-win game on Sunday against Washington. Already lost at home to the Huskies, an 0-4 start to the season would be disastrous.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Utah is in some trouble with a 1-3 start in conference. Should be able to beat Cal, but that isn't a gimme.

Stanford vs. Colorado on Sunday has some fairly big implications already in the conference title race. Winner will be all alone on top at 5-0 (UCLA could go to 4-0 w/ a win over USC).

Washington St. is facing a just about must-win game on Sunday against Washington. Already lost at home to the Huskies, an 0-4 start to the season would be disastrous.
TBH I think Utah was in some major trouble the minute Kneepkens went down. Tough to lose an extremely efficient 18ppg scorer.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

That's a rough trifecta. Especially the first 2, no excuse for those.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom