Wednesday. 1st Round of Big East Tournament | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Wednesday. 1st Round of Big East Tournament

Reaction Score
Is Providence playing a walk-on right now? #24 Fonts?

DId the announcers mention this and I missed it?

Reaction Score
DePaul has been a sleeping giant forever but they remain asleep. I don't get why they never hired a big time coach and got all the recruits in Chicagoland.
the fact that the face of Chicago right now is Loyola Chicago isn't a good sign for DePaul at all and rightfully so the hot seat for the head coach position is justified... reckon someone like John Beilein can take a shot at this program and really get a ball rolling. Chi Town + Big East = big potential

Reaction Score
Providence looks bad but it's hard to have faith in any DePaul lead. So bad with turnovers. Remember our game vs them in Chicago? They closed the game with like 10 straight turnovers. Basically gave us the win when we were struggling.

Reaction Score
If I were a basketball coach DePaul seems like a good gig. Chicago is a great city. Lots of good food and entertainment. The lake is cool. Also, low expectations doesn't sound like the worst thing.

Not sure what a DePaul coach makes, but I suspect a fortune compared to a normal job. Hang around for like 10-15 years. Bank a bunch of $$. Walk away from all the nonsense and travel the world.

Of course, my casual attitude about the job is probably one of the many reasons I'm not qualified.
It's Chicago. Great gig. Get yourself a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Live large. Today, it doesn't seem quite as impressive.

Reaction Score
Is that fake crowd noise ? Seems like it.
The sound for this game is driving me nuts. Can't hear the announcers with the overblown crowd noise, it's like we're back at the first no crowd Covid games. All the UConn games on Fox have been fine. Props to 4K though, it's nice.

Reaction Score
Is Providence playing a walk-on right now? #24 Fonts?

DId the announcers mention this and I missed it?
I didn't make this up did I? He's not even listed in the ESPN box score.

Reaction Score
The best thing DePaul has done in 20 years isn't anything on the court. It is moving out of that arena by the airport back into the city. Way more fun to visit for a game now.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I didn't make this up did I? He's not even listed in the ESPN box score.
I haven’t been able to find if he’s a walk on or not, but certainly seems like it...Andrew Fonts. Brought some energy for sure! Cooley was livid with his team.

Reaction Score
the fact that the face of Chicago right now is Loyola Chicago isn't a good sign for DePaul at all and rightfully so the hot seat for the head coach position is justified... reckon someone like John Beilein can take a shot at this program and really get a ball rolling. Chi Town + Big East = big potential
I have no clue why they haven't fired Leitao and why they hired him in the first place.

Reaction Score
I haven’t been able to find if he’s a walk on or not, but certainly seems like it...Andrew Fonts. Brought some energy for sure! Cooley was livid with his team.
Announcers just referenced it, so maybe they mentioned him coming in and I didn't hear them.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Announcers just referenced it, so maybe they mentioned him coming in and I didn't hear them.
I didn’t hear it when he came in either, only when they were going to commercial. Just read that he’s a “preferred walk-on”...so, he gets really good grades lol.

Reaction Score
I didn’t hear it when he came in either, only when they were going to commercial. Just read that he’s a “preferred walk-on”...so, he gets really good grades lol.
I think it has something to do with airline miles. Or maybe he has one of those subway sandwich punch cards and his next sandwich free.

Reaction Score

Earned the team Academic Award the past two years!

Reaction Score
cooley subbed in him and little-used cuse-transfer brycen goodine when the team was down big. brando and raff seemed to get a kick out of it.

Reaction Score
cooley subbed in him and little-used cuse-transfer brycen goodine when the team was down big. brando and raff seemed to get a kick out of it.
Goodine plays occasionally at least (although he had only 11 minutes total and 3 DNPs over the last 5 games). According to the PC website Fonts had played less than a minute all year.

Reaction Score
I don't know but it would be my guess kids in the Northeast prefer Big East Hoops with its many local games to any other conference. Where are Chicago kids going, the B1G? The Big East owns the Northeast but it might be tough to compete in the Midwest for top talent. Easy to see why Pitt, Syracuse, BCU, ND are in no-man's land. Imagine if the Big East invited Duquesne. Pitt just might trash its hoops program altogether.

1615430727610.png

Reaction Score
I can't watch Depaul. They look and move like a D1 basketball team and play super hard, but it's like nobody taught them how to shoot or what the concept of composure is.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
DePaul just looks more impressive - they push the ball down the floor on offense and also seem to play more active defense. Their stone hands / turnovers are a challenge but I'd pick them right now up six.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom