We need a big man. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We need a big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Oh without a doubt. He was so good immediately that he pushed Villanueva to bench even though he was a top 10 recruit.

Yeah, Boone was pretty darn good as a key Freshman on a dominant, championship team. Tough to kill him for not developing when he was so solid so early.

Reaction Score
I actually thought, what if boone was on this team? trying to visualize it, he would be a wrecking ball getting a ton of rebounds and setting great screens. but even with him, purvis would still be purvis and adams would still be ridiculously turnover prone and not a true pg. and we would still have zero depth. lots of flaws in general for this team from the staff on the way down to the players. Still confused why ollie said in a pregame show he can't play 5 on 5 i really don't know wtf is going on in practice.

Reaction Score
Really?

I can't be the only one noticing that Brimah is having his best year.

having his best year? we must be watching two different teams

upload_2016-12-2_14-49-29.png

Reaction Score
For what it's worth I liked the unheralded 2018 big on Brewster this year. We seem to know that school pretty well. 6' 9" Lithuanian kid who is built, rebounds and is physical. I only saw one game...but was thinking would be nice to recruit a kid like this with a good base and respectable skill set.
Kisunas. He's actually getting more looks. Pitt is in on him and according to VC Creighton now too.

Verbal Commits | Lukas Kisunas Player Profile, Highlights, Offers, Twitter

Reaction Score
Looks like we may have offered this kid today. 2017 Cheikh Mbacke Dione (Diong?)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Highlights look like they were filmed with a potato but could use another big in 2017. Wish it wasn't some unknown Florida prospect earily remiscent of brimah , only our staff and gulf coast have offered him which is alarming

Reaction Score
I'll take another Brimah type as long he can rebound and learn an offense game in time. The kid looks fast and blocks shots besides aint much left in 2017 and we need another big.

Reaction Score
Looks like we may have offered this kid today. 2017 Cheikh Mbacke Dione (Diong?)

Looks like 247 has UConn, Louisville, and Iowa State recruiting him. Some good company.

Cheikh Mhbuke Dione: The 6'10" Dione is an unusual prospect from Senegal who has good court vision for a big man. The strong senior runs the court well and can block shots. He's strong and can generally hold his position in the post. He has some low-post skill already, but teams such as UConn, Louisville, and Iowa State are interested in working to develop him further. Dione rebounds his area pretty well and has solid lateral quickness.

Reaction Score
But... thought we only had one scholarship left??!?!?!

Reaction Score
His points, FG% and FT% are all down

No DHam lobbing balls to you will do that.

He is more active defensively than he has been in the past; and more rebounds now. He is not standing there watching people grab balls.

Reaction Score
Brimah has josh boone disease where you progressively get worse the longer you stay. Tyler Olander I believe suffered from the same disease.

That's not fair to Josh Boone quite honestly. He was better than AB is now as a freshman. He did get better at a couple things but because the impact part of his game was his instincts, it wasn't as noticeable. But Josh could have used improvements in the paint with his back to the basket but again, he had much more of every part of the game than AB.

Reaction Score
No DHam lobbing balls to you will do that.

He is more active defensively than he has been in the past; and more rebounds now. He is not standing there watching people grab balls.

Sorry up, 27 minutes against a very small BU team and had 4 rebounds and watched the ball go by him a dozen times without reacting. He is more active but it's not a ll good active I hate to say. It was for a couple games but hate to say it's back to "he is what he is" for now.

Reaction Score
That's not fair to Josh Boone quite honestly. He was better than AB is now as a freshman. He did get better at a couple things but because the impact part of his game was his instincts, it wasn't as noticeable. But Josh could have used improvements in the paint with his back to the basket but again, he had much more of every part of the game than AB.

I didn't say he wasn't better, I would take Boone on this team in a heartbeat, I just meant, Boone had a great freshman year on the championship team and kinda regressed or didn't have much improvement his final year in 06'

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A very long time ago we were a donut team in the middle but Calhoun changed all that. He had Okafor, Boone, Villanueva, Armstrong, White and Nelson all on the same team! That's five frontcourt players who are better than any of the frontcourt guys we have right now. Ed Nelson is also probably better than anything we have now.

Ed was ACC ROY and never really developed into anything under JC. But we had such good teams it didn't matter.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Highlights look like they were filmed with a potato but could use another big in 2017. Wish it wasn't some unknown Florida prospect earily remiscent of brimah , only our staff and gulf coast have offered him which is alarming

Diamonds in the rough are fine, but they are a hell of a lot better if we get some solid workhorses around them. Don't need to be AAs, just strong aggressive R & D guys.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, Lyman Depriest could out rebound anyone of Glen Miller's Bigs.

Reaction Score
Let's face it, we never know what we're getting. Never knew it with Emeka, Thabeet, Voskuhl, Boone, or Armstrong.

The only guy who had any sort of high school reputation that he delivered on was Jeff Adrien. I can't remember another.

I will say this: if Josh Carlton turns into another Tim Coles, the whole tenor of the board will change on these issues.

C

Chief00

Actually he boxes out and outlets better than our current Bigs. He blocks shots out of bounds and needs to get stronger like our current Bigs.

Reaction Score
It's a highlight video and only so many conclusions can be drawn...but from what I could see it would a hard pass. Not impressed

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's a highlight video and only so many conclusions can be drawn...but from what I could see it would a hard pass. Not impressed

Not even as a backup?

Reaction Score
Ed was ACC ROY and never really developed into anything under JC. But we had such good teams it didn't matter.
He had a bunch of NBA players ahead of him in the frontcourt, he would start on this team and be our best low post scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom