We knew you could do it, Miami | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We knew you could do it, Miami

Reaction Score
The Big East is not a power conference(and was barely one when they did have football) and their brand is slowly deteriorating because of a lack of football. That's on the Catholic schools so they can add all the Marquette's and Butlers they want but their league is relevant on a national scale from November to March only. The American is a new, growing league with national championships in basketball already and is pushing for power conference status. Football extends the AAC's relevance on a national level far beyond the Big East's. Still working in their first TV contract the sky is the limit for The American. Dusk has already set on the Big East.

Reaction Score
So now for the sake of a scandal, UConn isn't the lowly mid-major with no future anymore but as big a player as anyone. You toolbags really need to make up your minds.

Also, we're good dude you guys are the ones on probation and are gonna sweat this one out. Don't even try to put Ollie and his program in the same sentence with that nose picking weasel Boeheim. Beyond all the stuff that's gone public over the years (and that's more than enough), I've heard plenty of other stories from good sources about all the slimey stuff that goes on under Boeheim's watch. Where do you think Pitino learned all his shady tactics?

Love the blind loyalty, but you're an idiot.

Don't generalize, I don't believe UConn is a mid-major. Do I think if UConn stays in the AAC, they will eventually become one? I do. As do a lot of you.

Don't act like the Huskies are the cleanest program in the country either. You've had your troubles with the NCAA as well.

Say what you want about the nose-picking weasel but he's still a hall-of-fame coach.

Rumors, stories, innuendo, sure. And I've heard things about UConn as well. Doesn't make any of it true just because someone said it.

Pitino learned his shady tricks from Boeheim? So 41 years ago when Pitino at age 24 was hired as 29-yr. old Boeheim's assistant in Boeheim's first year as a head coach is when the two of them spent most of their time discussing funneling money to recruits and entertaining them with prostitutes? Sounds plausible to me.

Reaction Score

Don't generalize, I don't believe UConn is a mid-major. Do I think if UConn stays in the AAC, they will eventually become one? I do. As do a lot of you.

Don't act like the Huskies are the cleanest program in the country either. You've had your troubles with the NCAA as well.

Say what you want about the nose-picking weasel but he's still a hall-of-fame coach.

Rumors, stories, innuendo, sure. And I've heard things about UConn as well. Doesn't make any of it true just because someone said it.

Pitino learned his shady tricks from Boeheim? So 41 years ago when Pitino at age 24 was hired as 29-yr. old Boeheim's assistant in Boeheim's first year as a head coach is when the two of them spent most of their time discussing funneling money to recruits and entertaining them with prostitutes? Sounds plausible to me.

Typical delusional Syracuse fan response and this would be the same argument as which program has been more successful. If UConn keeps competing for National Championships and the Cuse fanbase calls us mid-major I'm okay with that. Ollie hasn't had any trouble with the NCAA in his five years. He cleaned up the APR issue and has high character young men representing the program. Your hall of fame coach and his program have been the subject of numerous NCAA investigations regarding all kinds of violations and wrong doing. The stuff that's come out about Pitino and his program are the exact kinds of things that I've heard about the nose picking weasel and his program. Again this from good sources and I can care less what you or anyone else says about that. I'll leave you with 4>1 and Tyler Olander still has more rings than Jim Boeheim.

Reaction Score

The good news is that in 7 or 8 years we will be moving to a P5 or the Big East. We aren't long for the AAC, so the mid major stuff is not a concern.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I doubt the ACC hits UofL - especially with UNC, Fl State, Miami etc.

This scandal could be the piece that make the college presidents say there is too much money for the NCAA to be running things and we are creating an alternative - the P5AA - where they pay athletes directly.

And if everything blow up, who knows? BUt wiht out luck, we'll the last team on the bubble.

Paying the athletes a stipend won't do anything to stop six figure payments to players, or to those being paid to steer players in the most profitable direction. But you are likely right - the NCAA is just dumb enough to think it would, or at least hope other would believe it would.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom