We knew you could do it, Miami | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We knew you could do it, Miami

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it fair to add UConn to that list?
No because we never left the Big East Conference.

Really the curse is only leaving the Big East for the ACC. The Catholics are doing okay. At least I think they are. It's hard to tell since there games aren't broadcast on anything but local access.

C

Chief00

No because we never left the Big East Conference.

Really the curse is only leaving the Big East for the ACC. The Catholics are doing okay. At least I think they are. It's hard to tell since there games aren't broadcast on anything but local access.
We did leave it though and on list WV went to it Big 12.

C

Chief00

No we didn't. The American is the conference formerly known as the Big East. We just sold the name to the Catholic 7.
So we sold the naming rights but not our soul, is how you view it. Some would say that’s not a valid distinction. I know the transaction and it’s inescapable we are no longer in the Big East. It’s semantics how we exited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'm an outsider here but by my reasoning The Big East, if you can call it that left UCONN. Throw in USF and Cincy as well. The last remaining football members got left on the curb when The C7 cut and ran. The name no longer carried value for what would be an entirely new conference. Especially one with half its members nowhere near the east coast.

Reaction Score
......This scandal could be the piece that make the college presidents say there is too much money for the NCAA to be running things and we are creating an alternative.......

I think that is a distinct possibility. Major college athletics will become minor league football and basketball. And it will be terrible.

Reaction Score
By what definition did UConn leave the Big East. The fact that UConn is not in the conference currently using that name doesn't mean UConn left them.
Further the NCAA considers the AAC as the continuation of the BIG EAST and the current BE as the "new" league. Love them or hate them the NCAA is the keeper of the record.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So we sold the naming rights but not our soul, is how you view it. Some would say that’s not a valid distinction. I know the transaction and it’s inescapable we are no longer in the Big East. It’s semantics how we exited.
No, I would view it as we sold naming rights. We kept things like NCAA rights etc.

Reaction Score
That was a huge mistake. The casual fan would think much more highly of the American if it was called the Big East.
The AAC needed cash and looking at the locations of the schools currently in the league "The American" is a better suited name. Plus I always liked that the AAC was kind of a dig at the ACC and will always be added ahead of the ACC when conference lists are in alphabetical order.

Reaction Score

No way the people involved come clean. It's not in their DNA. All they know is deny, deny. They still think its some silly NCAA rule. Even people on audio and/or video are going to deny. What a wonderful world we live in. I call this basketball privilege. I've seen this in AAU circles.

Reaction Score
Lol because Cuse won't be under federal investigation in a couple months? Gonna be a rough winter for him

Hey man, if it turns out that this shoe-money-to-players thing has been business-as-usual throughout the hoops landscape then the vast majority of P5 schools are gonna get whacked. And even though the AAC isn't technically considered P5, UConn is as big a player as anyone. As a Syracuse alum I'm not holding my breath that the Orange are completely clean and my advice to you guys would be the same.

Reaction Score
I am either not smart enough or dumb enough to figure your post out.
The former

Just had this conversation with a Nova grad who, trust me, runs intellectual circles around you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom