We Have A Top 10 Team | Page 5 | The Boneyard

We Have A Top 10 Team

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Saw some of the first half on my phone, that’s it. No CBSSN here at my Airbnb. The guys took care of business. Well done. I said a few weeks back that this team was playing tight, they looked like they were under pressure of expectations and that affected their play and especially shooting. They seem to be playing loose, fun basketball now.

I think we need to remember back a few years to when UConn teams struggled to win these games. So yes, winning games you should win. But doing it by 20+ is not the same as doing it by 4.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and I remember 7 dunks.
3 by Adama, 1 by Whaley, 1 by Jackson, 1 by Akok and 1 by Johnson. Certainlyy nowhere near a dozen. Anyone have the actual total ?
It was 7

Reaction Score
In many ways Georgetown looked like we did in the 2 years before Hurley took over. Remember those double digit road losses? We beat Auburn with Tyler and Hawk having big games. They are crucial for us to win against the top of the Big East. Giving up 10 3's against Nova will not be good as their defense will be better than we saw last night. Seton Hall was able to win by isolating our guard against their best at the end of the game. Other teams are going to do this and they will press us on occasion to throw us off as that is still a challenge for us to deal with. We have a chance to be top 10 but still have to prove it against the conference top dawgs. It is nice to be on the verge and will be a great way to spend time in February and March watching how this plays out.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
This team with a fully operational Jordan Hawkins is seriously good. The thermal exhaust port of this Death Star is perimeter defense. We have a chance at the final four, but never tell me the odds.

Reaction Score
Not reactionary in the least.

It wasn't until the Andre rim rattler that I thought we National Champions again.
Let’s fight one battle at a time. Capture the big East, take MSG, and then set our sights at the big prize. I am hopeful and see potential but I am not jumping on board and calling UCONN a Final Four team.

Reaction Score
So by “almost lost”, you mean “we won.” Yes we did lose to Seton Hall, barely, but that was after we were coming off of a Covid pause. but I agree the OP is, probably intentionally, over reaching.

Still, good teams win the games they’re supposed to win. We’ve done that against Butler and Georgetown and looked great doing it. It does feel like this team is coming together at the right time. We definitely have a lot more work to do, but it’s silly not to enjoy this run.
Oh, I'm enjoying it!

Reaction Score
I’m excited too….:but that was Georgetown. They are god aweful. Let’s wait for Nova and Xavier before making these proclamations. We are beating up on the dregs. That’s expected.
But you said that this team would be lucky to finish above .500, so beating these teams isn’t too bad for a team of the quality your eyes and knowledge says it is.

Reaction Score
We say that without mentioning Marquette and St. Bonaventure were down their best/key players, and Auburn was down a guy who may be their best college player coming off an Achilles injury. Works both ways.
Do you think we're a good team? I'm genuinely starting to wonder

Reaction Score
Good God. They’re #1 based on a body of work of about 20 games, but they win a conference road game with more difficulty than you think they should and that’s a negative?

Do people stay up at night thinking about silly ways to minimize our accomplishments?
I know this is a rhetorical question but I wouldn't be shocked if some do

Reaction Score
We will find out pretty soon if we are top 10 with the meat of our BE schedule coming up. For people to declare us top 10 after blowout wins over ButlerX2 and Georgetown is foolish. Yes, we did beat Auburn on neutral court and Marquette away but we haven't beat anybody else worth much yet. Let the games play out more before declaring some bs stuff like this.

Reaction Score
We will find out pretty soon if we are top 10 with the meat of our BE schedule coming up. For people to declare us top 10 after blowout wins over ButlerX2 and Georgetown is foolish. Yes, we did beat Auburn on neutral court and Marquette away but we haven't beat anybody else worth much yet. Let the games play out more before declaring some bs stuff like this.
Why? We lose a game to a good team and you will say this teams sucks and DH should be fired, the hypocrisy from the haters is gold.

Reaction Score
We say that without mentioning Marquette and St. Bonaventure were down their best/key players, and Auburn was down a guy who may be their best college player coming off an Achilles injury. Works both ways.
Allen Flanigan is lucky if he's Auburn's 5th best player.

Reaction Score
Why? We lose a game to a good team and you will say this teams sucks and DH should be fired, the hypocrisy from the haters is gold.
Well those are the haters. I love DH as our coach and won't be saying he should be fired if we lose to a good team. I'm just keeping it real based on who we played and beat. Can we be a top 10 team sure? Are we a top 10 team? Still needs to be proven on the court. I still like us beat a good team at the end of the game. We don't have that go to player other teams have. I guess RJ is the closest we have right now(Maybe Martin can be that player if he can finish better at the rim). I still love this team but have honest questions on our ceiling.

Reaction Score
We’ve beaten Butler x2, St Johns and Georgetown on this little run. 3 of the bottom 5 teams in the BE. We’ve looked good the last 3, this isn’t meant to be a downer post. But the schedule is gonna get a lot tougher than these past games. If we beat the next two easier ones and Nova, then yes, we are undoubtedly a top 10 team. But these wins haven’t moved the dial much. Let’s be honest with ourselves.
Agreed, but top-10 teams often barely win or lost to bad teams: Auburn just squeaked out a win against Missouri. Plus, off the top of my head, Kansas lost to Dayton and Purdue to Rutgers earlier in the year. So, blowing out the likes of Butler and Georgetown should not be taken for granted... especially considering how Nova struggled to beat G-town a week ago.

Reaction Score
Auburn put in a pretty lackluster performance tonight against a sub-.500 Missouri squad (Kenpom 131). They were actually down with under 5 to play. Thankfully for us they pulled it off, but didn’t seem like the worldbeaters we are making them out to be.
Did you just start watching cbb?

Reaction Score
Sweet Jesus, what can't we do?

Inside game
Outside game
Pretty good defense most of the time
Veterans
Youth
Depth and...

Andre jAcKSoN !!!

Wicked fun times comin'
I'd like us to reliably beat top 10 teams. Like Auburn. We are getting there.

Reaction Score
We rebound, we defend. Deep. So we can play with anyone when the shots are going in. Run potential. What are we looking to do at tourney time? Catch lightning in a bottle like in 2011 and 14. Will it happen? Who knows?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom