We can not close the deal with recruits | Page 8 | The Boneyard

We can not close the deal with recruits

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You are unreal with your loyalty to KO. Once he leaves, so will you people. Can't wait for both.

Loyalty to KO? You are the most dishonest, low-character poster on this board. Are you this much of a nasty liar offline? I can't imagine it serves you well in your personal or professional life.

At this point I don't care if KO gets fired. I'm the only one smart enough to realize that you people will never have your expectations met no matter who comes after him. News flash: recruiting classes will continue to be below the old standards, F4s and NCs will be distant memories, and it'll be posters like you who will be leaving the fan base in droves -- you only liked the program because it was at the blue blood level.

I'll be here long after KO is gone. You'll be on the PC board in 5 years tops.

Reaction Score
Loyalty to KO? You are the most dishonest, low-character poster on this board. Are you this much of a nasty liar offline? I can't imagine it serves you well in your personal or professional life.

At this point I don't care if KO gets fired. I'm the only one smart enough to realize that you people will never have your expectations met no matter who comes after him. News flash: recruiting classes will continue to be below the old standards, F4s and NCs will be distant memories, and it'll be posters like you who will be leaving the fan base in droves -- you only liked the program because it was at the blue blood level.

God you continue to whine and whine and whine more. I'm sure that has served you well in your personal life throughout the years. You must have always gotten what you wanted as a child. Go take a nap. I'm done with the theatrics with you. It gives people a headache, which I'm sure you've caused a lot of off of this board.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
God you continue to whine and whine and whine more. I'm sure that has served you well in your personal life throughout the years. You must have always gotten what you wanted as a child. Go take a nap. I'm done with the theatrics with you. It gives people a headache, which I'm sure you've caused a lot of off of this board.

I don't whine. I call out whiners.

Reaction Score

Im not the poster boy of morality on here but Y'all both have no chill. It's a GAME, no reason to personally insult other people.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Your the biggest whiner of them all. It's a broken record with you. Whether someone is having a positive or negative experience as a UConn fan at the moment, which makes sense with all of this BS we've gone through, your the first one to whine when someone doesnt say something you want to hear. I'll tell you one thing buddy boy, change your attitude. This is merely a message board, but maybe look away from the screen sometime. Grow a sack.

If you think disagreeing with and criticizing people is whining, sounds like you're the one who could use some growing up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There are negative posters here who are negative because they expect us to be winning championships every few years.

Then there are realists who are not happy because the whole thing is a dumpster fire.

You're conflating them when they have very little in common outside of being unhappy.
Then there are negative guys, who are feel like it makes them seem like the smartest guy in the room. They typically aren't.

Then there are negative guys, who are just miserable SOBs, and are complaining about everything in their lives 24/7. They are probably worse to deal in the real world than on the BY.

Basically there are a whole lot of negative guys. Welcome to the internet.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think HCKO knows he has to win this year or otherwise he will be unemployed.
UConn can't go off of its past and has to do something now. He needs to close the deal on one of these big time recruits or this is going to be an even longer off season.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Can we pay you not to jump into every single argument that comes down the pike?

GoFundMe? Patreon? PayPal?

Apply the same amount of scrutiny to Chief and I'll fade away without costing you any money.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
weren't all the AAU coaches big on Ollie for a while? What changed? I was a big Ollie supporter but I'm slowly losing faith as we keep losing recruits and are no longer the respectable program we have been for a long time.

You're asking the right question. What changed? Didn't the Lakers express interest? Yes. A few years ago we were afraid we'd lose him to the NBA. Now it seems nobody wants to play here. Something changed, and that something has a name with the initials KO.

Best outcome for UConn is still for Kevin Ollie to become the Kevin Ollie of four years ago.

Reaction Score
You are unreal with your loyalty to KO. Once he leaves, so will you people. Can't wait for both.

Most of the Ollie supporters have been here during the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, some were attending games in the 1960s. Many have been on the Boneyard since the 1990s. People like you have traipsed through here and departed in short order. Regularly. Over and over again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's a lot more posters here hoping he turns it around and the likes of you are too embarrassed to return. Ahh fresh air.

Who doesn't hope he turns it around?

If you can find me one person on this board who hopes that he crashes this program into a ditch (if he hasn't already), I will be amazed.

Some are just more skeptical than others in the face of mounting evidence that he's not the answer, and don't want to give him too long of a leash.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Who doesn't hope he turns it around?

If you can find me one person on this board who hopes that he crashes this program into a ditch (if he hasn't already), I will be amazed.

Some are just more skeptical than others in the face of mounting evidence that he's not the answer, and don't want to give him too long of a leash.

Counterpoint: people who strongly believe he will never be able to turn it around may be rooting for him to crash and burn as quickly as possible, so that the university can find a new coach sooner than they would otherwise.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Counterpoint: people who strongly believe he will never be able to turn it around may be rooting for him to crash and burn as quickly as possible, so that the university can find a new coach sooner than they would otherwise.
Oh dear god, it is understood that he has a minimum of this season to show some progress, which will lead to even more time down the road. People aren't calling for his head immediately, they are pointing out his hair is on fire.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Hate to break it to you nitwits but save for a very small handful of other coaches (our hall of gamer included), I’m not sure anyone could have navigated the past few years at the helm of this program. Unfortunately for KO, his circumstances don’t forecast to get much better any time soon. That 2014 championship was a godsend.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Whoa. Back up.

In 20 years of doing this, you are one of the whiniest posters we've ever had. It's defines you.

You're the board chihuahua yipping and nipping at ankles.

bba448005946246f36e8cbc0993dcb67.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It appears that under KO, we've become a regional, rather than a national program when it comes to recruiting. In the JC era, we could pull kids from all corners of the country on a consistent basis, California, Louisiana, Georgia etc. Kids didn't mind going so far from home for what UCONN and JC could offer. Now we're losing rostered players to homesickness and recruits to schools within 250 miles that are a little closer to where their families live than UCONN.

I think the number when question that KO and staff need to get a crystal clear answer to before going far with non-local recruits is: Is having your parents see you play regularly your top criteria in choosing a school? If the answer is yes, then NEXT. The staff really needs to see what makes these kids tick. Otherwise, kids will continue to use us as leverage with other schools they prefer and break our hearts again and again.

As I've seen mentioned on this board before, UCONN has the lowest win rate of any school that makes a kid's top 10 or top 5. There's something broken in our process,

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It appears that under KO, we've become a regional, rather than a national program when it comes to recruiting. In the JC era, we could pull kids from all corners of the country on a consistent basis, California, Louisiana, Georgia etc. Kids didn't mind going so far from home for what UCONN and JC could offer. Now we're losing rostered players to homesickness and recruits to schools within 250 miles that are a little closer to where their families live than UCONN.

I think the number when question that KO and staff need to get a crystal clear answer to before going far with non-local recruits is: Is having your parents see you play regularly your top criteria in choosing a school? If the answer is yes, then NEXT. The staff really needs to see what makes these kids tick. Otherwise, kids will continue to use us as leverage with other schools they prefer and break our hearts again and again.

As I've seen mentioned on this board before, UCONN has the lowest win rate of any school that makes a kid's top 10 or top 5. There's something broken in our process,

Erm, this is backwards.

Out of the 7 new players joining the program next season, 5 hail from Florida, Georgia, or North Carolina. We got someone to come here from Alaska via Arizona, for .

Our problems stem from a dramatic decrease in the staff's ability to effectively recruit New England and the NYC area.

Reaction Score
Whoa. Back up.

In 20 years of doing this, you are one of the whiniest posters we've ever had. It's defines you.

You're the board chihuahua yipping and nipping at ankles.

He's not even the whiniest poster in this thread

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom