Waters Signed With LSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Waters Signed With LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
SO glad this is over. Advice to TW, pack lots of insect repellent.

Reaction Score
While it's upsetting that a top 100 CT kid didn't want to play PG in a guard-centric offense in his home state at a position of need for us...

I'm gonna go ahead and say we dodged a bullet on this one with the baggage of his dad and his perceived 'me' attitude.

Maybe sour grapes... but... LSU!? Ha, okay. Good luck.

really? Position of need? He was almost definitely scared off by our backcourt. We've got an undersized PG sitting here who barely played a game for us, so he'd be at least battling for playing time with him for 3 years...

To me, if we needed point guards and also didn't already have one under 6' he would have been far more likely to come here

Reaction Score
It's a major problem that some CT natives might want to get out of CT for at least a couple years? Come on...

Fans that daydream about playing for the team they root for can't conceive of the fact that a kid with options might want to look elsewhere. It's mystifying.

Reaction Score
Finally we don't have to come to this board and read about this kid anymore, was really getting tiresome. Quite frankly I'm not surprised he isn't coming here, our backcourt is already scary good. Kid knew he would've been overshadowed

pj

Reaction Score
Wasn't this the kid that was all about academics?? Had Yale, Duke, Georgetown on his initial list? LSU?? Really?? LSU?? Is there a worse academic institution in D1?? Wow, good luck to him.

Have you heard of Louisville? In our league, ECU, USF, UCF, Houston, Memphis, Tulsa, and Wichita State?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Finally we don't have to come to this board and read about this kid anymore, was really getting tiresome. Quite frankly I'm not surprised he isn't coming here, our backcourt is already scary good. Kid knew he would've been overshadowed
I suddenly want start a new thread:

"Tremont having second thoughts about LSU?"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Get used to it. I said months ago on the Conference Realignment thread that I think this will be a trend. P5 schools will have an increasing advantage, even in areas where they weren't traditionally strong. Alabama basketball is recruiting really well. LSU does have some history of success in hoops, even if it isn't recent.

Reaction Score
Get used to it. I said months ago on the Conference Realignment thread that I think this will be a trend. P5 schools will have an increasing advantage, even in areas where they weren't traditionally strong. Alabama basketball is recruiting really well. LSU does have some history of success in hoops, even if it isn't recent.
It's easy for people to bust on SEC basketball because it's such a football obsessed conference but they are undoubtedly putting more of an emphasis on basketball as evidenced by all the recent coaching hires. There aren't too many schools who can claim putting out as many great players as LSU.

Reaction Score
It's a problem that local kids aren't picking UConn. New England is flush with talent and instead of having a pipeline we are missing like crazy on local kids. I see it as a major problem that needs to be fixed.
Agreed. Though i dont think tremont is a good representation of that problem. Nevertheless we need to reestablish our north east footprint

Reaction Score
Gotta also figure that at his height if he's going to be in college 4 years he can glide through LSU academically easier than UCONN. Louisiana is a ridiculously humid place even in fall and spring but each to their own.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Gotta also figure that at his height if he's going to be in college 4 years he can glide through LSU academically easier than UConn. Louisiana is a ridiculously humid place even in fall and spring but each to their own.
But he is an "elite student".

Reaction Score
Never expected him to play for UConn but Georgetown would have been a better choice than LSU for a good student. That is if Ewing can actually coach.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for the kid. Put on for New Haven youngin! Just not agaisnt my huskies haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom