Walking Dead Season 5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Is threre a map online anywhere similar to a Lord of the Rings map that shows where the group had been? I getthis funny feeling they're 8 miles from where they started.
Georgia's a bit bigger than that. Although they might be circling back around. According to some of the interviews, they said they would revisit some of the places they've been, but they would be different (more decay, overgrown, etc.)

Also, where are the child zombies?
They are like Veal, much tastier. Can't run or defend as well either. Make a lot of noise. Smaller and easier to devour. And Rick and Carol kill them anyway. ;)

And where's the military presence? No way the Guv killed them all.
They mentioned Ft Bennington got overran. Also the copter guy, before the Gov killed him mentioned where his unit was, was overun and they were the only ones left. Sgt Ford was in military, but it seems like he's the only one from his unit. I imagine most of the military was on the front lines fighting (and losing). Who knows down the road they might find some that have a compound??? But the series is not really about the whole country/world and how it copes with the apocolypse, but rather how this small group deals with it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah, kid walkers is going to offend some folks. Kind of like how they are in a pickle with baby Judith, simply cannot show her getting eaten or turning into a zombie even though that'd be close to the scariest thing they could do.
I think the lawn thing is part of why they are in the woods so much. I'm sure at times it'd make more sense to cut thru neighborhoods and walk down streets to limit surprise walker ambushes and rummage for supplies, but in reality that would be much harder to film and in WDead land that possibly exposes them to people ambushes. Of course if no one is cutting thru neighborhoods then the ambush crowd would wait in the woods, but that kind of over-thinking is misplaced when watching WDead.
I've read they've asked people not to mow their yards when they are filming in a suburban setting, but people don't always comply. Or how much can grass grow from the time they pick a place til they film there? One reason they try to find deserted places to film.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Yeah, kid walkers is going to offend some folks. Kind of like how they are in a pickle with baby Judith, simply cannot show her getting eaten or turning into a zombie even though that'd be close to the scariest thing they could do.
I think the lawn thing is part of why they are in the woods so much. I'm sure at times it'd make more sense to cut thru neighborhoods and walk down streets to limit surprise walker ambushes and rummage for supplies, but in reality that would be much harder to film and in WDead land that possibly exposes them to people ambushes. Of course if no one is cutting thru neighborhoods then the ambush crowd would wait in the woods, but that kind of over-thinking is misplaced when watching WDead.
Right. You just can't apply real world logic in TWD universe. It's a TV show. And a damn good entertaining one. Gotta take it for what it is.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking of getting the comics in digital form, using the Compendium approach. Thoughts?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm thinking if Bob was bit he would have turned before they left the food pantry. So he was just jonesin' for some more hooch.

The butchers are excellent antagonists. Looking forward to Rick yelling at Darryl, "You see you dumb @^#%$!! I said "No one lives!!!' but nooooooooo, you said we had to move on!!"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm thinking if Bob was bit he would have turned before they left the food pantry. So he was just jonesin' for some more hooch.

The butchers are excellent antagonists. Looking forward to Rick yelling at Darryl, "You see you dumb @^#%$!! I said "No one lives!!!' but nooooooooo, you said we had to move on!!"
You'd think eventually they'd learn. I do wonder if Tyreese will have regrets if that NY Yankee guy he let live in the cabin gets Sasha, or worse Judith???

Reaction Score
You'd think eventually they'd learn. I do wonder if Tyreese will have regrets if that NY Yankee guy he let live in the cabin gets Sasha, or worse Judith???
Somehow I think the guy (Tigers) killing his sister is too on the nose for the lesson about killing, yet I'd have no problem if the guy takes Tyrese himself out. Perhaps the best lesson is both brother and sister live but letting the Tiger live costs them an arm and a leg.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Somehow I think the guy (Tigers) killing his sister is too on the nose for the lesson about killing, yet I'd have no problem if the guy takes Tyrese himself out. Perhaps the best lesson is both brother and sister live but letting the Tiger live costs them an arm and a leg.
Was it Tigers? Geez, I'll have to watch that again. Some how I assume it will come back to haunt Tyreese.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are all going to regret not heeding Rick's advice. Unfortunately, Rick, Glen and Bob didn't have time to explain what the Terinus folks were really doing. They others may not really know. It will merely drive them to be even more cautious about trusting other people.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
They are all going to regret not heeding Rick's advice. Unfortunately, Rick, Glen and Bob didn't have time to explain what the Terinus folks were really doing. They others may not really know. It will merely drive them to be even more cautious about trusting other people.
Blame Glen. He was at the troff about to be bled out next and he was the first to go against Rick and not want to finish them off.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Just re watched the season 5 trailer.

Possible SPOILER:
"You don't have a choice. All of you. You join us, and (we) go to Washington and cure this thing." - Gareth

Hmmm... Looks like he is saying this in the woods. My guess is he approaches Abraham and co, but it's a rouse to eat them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Blame Glen. He was at the troff about to be bled out next and he was the first to go against Rick and not want to finish them off.
Yea, Glen wants to preserve their "humanity". :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just re watched the season 5 trailer.

Possible SPOILER:
"You don't have a choice. All of you. You join us, and (we) go to Washington and cure this thing." - Gareth

Hmmm... Looks like he is saying this in the woods. My guess is he approaches Abraham and co, but it's a rouse to eat them.
When I saw that in the trailer, I was thinking that Gareth must get ahold of Judith and use her as a bargaining chip to make Rick do what he wants. Seems the only way Rick would agree to work with Gareth. ????

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
When I saw that in the trailer, I was thinking that Gareth must get ahold of Judith and use her as a bargaining chip to make Rick do what he wants. Seems the only way Rick would agree to work with Gareth. ????
Quite possibly. Hopefully this awakes the sleeping giant in Tyrese and he gets medieval.

Still hope it's Rick that ends up killing Gareth with the red handle machete.

Is it Sunday at 9pm yet?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Still hope it's Rick that ends up killing Gareth with the red handle machete.
Well there you go.

Man, they are going all in this season. 1st episode was off the wall, with people being bled out like animals, 2nd episode had cannibals eating their prey right in front of them, episode 3 has the slaughter in the church. Not sure where else they can go?

Lesson learned, don't eat our people.

Reaction Score
Definitely admire the pace they are moving at and that is the most important part of maintaining an entertaining show. They also seem to be embracing a week to week cliffhanger type endings which is smart and good TV.

SPOILER ALERT - Last night I thought pushing that pace took away some drama and fear factor. Gareth picking folks off one-by-one could have worked for a couple episodes and I was curious to see what became of the tainted meat scene. That was the strongest fade to commercial - TAINTED MEAT TAINTED MEAT!!!

Reaction Score
I was in and out for a little bit with the game, they never let on whether or not eating the cooked, yet "tainted" meat would make you turn, right?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was in and out for a little bit with the game, they never let on whether or not eating the cooked, yet "tainted" meat would make you turn, right?
No. Gareth's only comment was that the meat was cooked, so it shouldn't be a problem. Don't know if that was from his "experience" or not? But the other people didn't seem to share his opinion. And they gave Bob back.

This does give a little sway to an opinion that I've read that since the "virus" (or whatever) is already in everyone, the virus is not passed from the walkers to the people (biting, scratching, etc.) But rather, because the walkers are decayed, unclean, they're bite is more like an infection that just kills the people, independent of the virus. Maybe sort of like rabies or something. Would explain why getting walker blood and guts all over you doesn't seem to matter, only when you get bit or scratched.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Was anyone else a little disappointed by last night's episode? I was thinking that the Gareth/Rick THING would last for more than just a couple of episodes. So much more could have been done with that storyline. Then there's the whole tainted meat issue. I was wondering whether or not they would turn after eating leg of Bob. So, that storyline also died with Gareth & his cronies.

I was also disappointed by the fracturing of the group. Anyone else feel that way? I was all for it, until Glen & Maggie also left. I don't think Eugene has any knowledge at all about curing the virus, I am quite sure that Washington will be less of a utopia & more like the CDC, & the road there will be fraught with many perils. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Was anyone else a little disappointed by last night's episode? I was thinking that the Gareth/Rick THING would last for more than just a couple of episodes. So much more could have been done with that storyline. Then there's the whole tainted meat issue. I was wondering whether or not they would turn after eating leg of Bob. So, that storyline also died with Gareth & his cronies.

I was also disappointed by the fracturing of the group. Anyone else feel that way? I was all for it, until Glen & Maggie also left. I don't think Eugene has any knowledge at all about curing the virus, I am quite sure that Washington will be less of a utopia & more like the CDC, & the road there will be fraught with many perils. Thoughts?
Echo your sentiments, but I think given the shows stumbling past where they got stuck in storylines and locations forever they might simply be better at and better off doing everything in quick hits.

With respect to the tainted meat, I think Gareth's assertion; "it was cooked!" could theoretically have killed the 'virus' but it is definitely unknown. They also mentioned that they were supposed to inspect for bite marks.

The 'nasty infection from a bite' theory seems plausible, but remember they hacked off Old Man Herschel's leg in quite a hurry to theoretically prevent the disease from spreading. Gotta be equal risk of random infection there. So I think the concept is that the virus is dormant inside you and activated by death. BUT Zombie-goo = the activated virus and if this gets directly into your bloodstream it will kill & zombify you. Lastly, although conventionally cooking kills viruses and Gareth has a case, it needs to be battle-tested as killing a virus that makes the dead living may be impossible, i.e. the virus itself is a cellular zombie (and we've seen burning zombies eating folks as recently as two weeks ago).

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I'm happy with the pace of the show.

One thing that's bothered me is Maggie's lack of concern about trying to find Beth. Hasn't even mentioned her name since inside the terminus train car when Daryl mentioned that she was alive and taken by the cross car. Daryl did say, "she's just gone." So not sure if she's presumed dead.

Maggie had no problem leaving for Washington. Not sure what's up but I'm sure Beth is gonna be pissed off when she finds out.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Loved that scene where our guys go into the woods then out come the cannibals. Loved the massacre too.

So out with one enemy now make room for the cross car crew. They must have access to some serious gas reserves cuz they sure drive fast both times we saw them.

So, we see Darryl slink out of the woods. Who do you think was behind him? Way behind him.

Reaction Score
I can't believe anyone is complaining about that episode. I thought it was a top 5 episode in terms of giving the viewer what they wanted. The cannibals were butchered in an awesome way. The disappearance of Gareth's smirk post-tainted meat revelation was classic. The appearance of the red machete. Mischone getting back her kitana. Bob getting a classy death (maybe others weren't attached to him, I blame D Barksdale for my fondness). It all was awesome.

The guy who played Gareth did a phenomenal job and the character was absolutely detestable, so I do agree that they could have strung that plot out a tiny bit longer to make the payoff of killing him slightly better. That said, after seeing how drawn out certain plots were in season 2, this quick moving trajectory is 100% fine by me.

I saw this on another site and it made me laugh and was entirely true:

If this was like season 2

• daryl and Carol would be lost until episode 12.

• The hunters wouldn't start hunting until episode 5

• Bob wouldn't die for 10 episodes.

• they would be at that damn church for 11 seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom