Walking Dead Season 5 second half | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5 second half

Reaction Score
Agree, for an episode where not a lot happened (unlike the prior episode) it was still stressful. You know somethings coming, just not sure what. An attack from inside Alexandria, an attack from outside Alexandria? When are the Wolves gonna show up. Where's Morgan?

The preview of next week was really good.
I was even on board with the Carl stuff until they lined up that first kiss moment. Then it felt super comic-man-boy living in Mom's basement creepy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Great episode. The Michonne knock out was excellent.

Next week is season finale. Looks like Rick is being expelled sans kids?

Also, I assume Nicholas had Rick's gun stashed outside the walls? Look out Glenn.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Agreed...GREAT episode! SO much going on! Anyone have any ideas about the walkers with "W" carved on their foreheads? Is that the work of the bad guy who is suppose to be making an appearance soon? What's up with Morgan? Does Rick go into exile alone? Does Daryl go with him? Looking forward to next week's episode, but pretty bummed out that it's the season finale!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agreed...GREAT episode! SO much going on! Anyone have any ideas about the walkers with "W" carved on their foreheads? Is that the work of the bad guy who is suppose to be making an appearance soon? What's up with Morgan? Does Rick go into exile alone? Does Daryl go with him? Looking forward to next week's episode, but pretty bummed out that it's the season finale!
There are a couple theories out there on the "W" thing. One, which makes no sense it it's an upside down "M" for Morgan. :confused:

If you remember from Noah's little community that had been overrun, there was a truckload of torso's with the "W" mark. There was also some writing on the walls of the community that said "Wolves are near". Most people assume there is some group called the Wolves out there and they'll be the next thing the group has to deal with. Probably soon too. Looks like there's a pretty good division between Rick's Gang and the Alexandrians. Will need something to force them join together.

See below in white (possible spoiler???)

There wasn't a group called the Wolves in the comics. But there was a group called the Whisperers (W again) that lived among the dead. They wore masks of skin, etc to blend in. Kind of like Michonne did with her pets, or Carol did when she saved them at Terminus. But in the comics I don't think they hurt the walkers, they lived among them. This group seems to be pretty messed up. Carving up walkers and leaving people tied to trees to be eaten. Anyway, the name Wolves could be like wolves in sheep's clothing, ya know. Disguised like the Whisperers. A theory anyway. No telling what the TV show will actually do. They stray from the comics a bit sometimes. This was about the timeline in the comics where the Whisperers showed up too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was even on board with the Carl stuff until they lined up that first kiss moment. Then it felt super comic-man-boy living in Mom's basement creepy.
Eh maybe, but he is (at least in real life) at the age (15/16) where he'd be getting pretty interested in girls, . Unlike the comic, they can't keep him a kid forever.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Noah was captive in that Atlanta hospital. Thus, he lived near Atlanta? If so, the "W"s appeared on nearby corpses there and now near Alexandria. That is one hell of an empire these Wolves have created.

Reaction Score
Noah was captive in that Atlanta hospital. Thus, he lived near Atlanta? If so, the "W"s appeared on nearby corpses there and now near Alexandria. That is one hell of an empire these Wolves have created.
No, he's from Richmond but drove to ATL with his Dad after seeing a classified ad for the mopping floors gig at a rape hospital.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, he's from Richmond but drove to ATL with his Dad after seeing a classified ad for the mopping floors gig at a rape hospital.
LOL.

Yea, Noah was living up in Virginia area, in that community where Tyreese died, near Richmond (Wilshire, Wilkeshire, something shire Estates). He had gone to Atlanta to look for some relative(s). Rick's Gang was taking him back home (it's what Beth would have wanted), and hopefully finding a place to live. Didn't work out well at Noah's old stomping ground. Not sure yet if it will work out in Alexandria.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Great setup for what promises to be an intense season finale. I hope the W group is revealed sooner than later.

I hope Glenn gets the honor of dispatching Nicholas. Watch out for that gun he's hiding.

Somebody (or bodies) gonna die. Does Morgan show up?

Talking dead guests are showrunner Scott Gimple, Norman Reedus (Daryl), Melissa McBride (Carol), and a surprise guest. Hmmm. I just don't think Daryl or Carol are goners yet. Surprise guest could be Lennie James (Morgan).

If I had to guess, next to die is either Abraham or Sasha.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great setup for what promises to be an intense season finale. I hope the W group is revealed sooner than later.

I hope Glenn gets the honor of dispatching Nicholas. Watch out for that gun he's hiding.

Talking dead guests are showrunner Scott Gimple, Norman Reedus (Daryl), Melissa McBride (Carol), and a surprise guest. Hmmm. I just don't think Daryl or Carol are goners yet. Surprise guest could be Lennie James (Morgan).

An hour and a half finale.

title%20there%20will%20be%20blood.jpg

Reaction Score

Gotta give them credit, prior episode I questioned Nick's triple chicken-$hittery, but it worked to setup obvious lie to Deanna & Rick's group vs them dynamic. So likewise giving them benefit of doubt on Rick's somewhat out of character explosion (though who wouldn't be subject to explosions in Zompoc) & Rick purporting to 'do it only for Jessie' when he's defended innumerous people/randoms in past (Noah, Sophia, Merle, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Merle 2nd time etc..). Likely outcome Alexandrians going along with Rick even after that insane outburst would demonstrate how they've changed plus how scary the real world threats are. My $ on dramatic scene of Deanna releasing the Rick Kracken from jail when going gets tough.

Definitely most $ on Sasha to die, but fear its gonna be Carol

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Yes.

The way I see it is as follows:

Act 1
Inprison or exile Rick
Meanwhile Daryl and Aaron have run-in with W gang

Act 2
Daryl and Aaron escape and make it back to Alexandria, but the W gang are hot on their track
They convince Deanna to release Rick or go find him

Act 3
Battle

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I got the sense Rick was shown on long walk toward the gate...as in leaving. Deanna had said that no one dies, just expelled.

Also, tSunday's opening scene was of a walker with fresh blood on it. Was it connected to any kill?

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I'm sorry you guys, but I would HATE to see Sasha or Abraham & even Eugene go. At this point I am rooting for Carl & Gabriel to be the next on the lunch menu. Nicholas should die the same way Noah did!

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I'm sorry you guys, but I would HATE to see Sasha or Abraham & even Eugene go. At this point I am rooting for Carl & Gabriel to be the next on the lunch menu. Nicholas should die the same way Noah did!
Carl's not going anywhere right now. If this show goes on another 5+ seasons like they want, he'll likely be the group leader toward the end.

Yes. Nicholas must die a gruesome death.

Reaction Score
Carl's not going anywhere right now. If this show goes on another 5+ seasons like they want, he'll likely be the group leader toward the end.

Yes. Nicholas must die a gruesome death.
Sadly Agree Carl is not going to die right now, the show is kind of about forging Carl into the ideal Zompoc survivor. If you didn't notice this it might be b/c he is mostly terrible to watch. Disagree vehemently that he is going to be group leader of anything besides a remedial acting class or 12 steps for teenagers in 2020. He's not replace (3x) Bobby Draper level bad, but he's even further from Sally Draper's emerging star curve. Cue Meyers on Chandler Bing's err Rigg's bizarro child actor award history...

I suppose if/when Rick dies at end of some future season, they could simply jump a few years & replace Carl Jr

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Sadly Agree Carl is not going to die right now, the show is kind of about forging Carl into the ideal Zompoc survivor. If you didn't notice this it might be b/c he is mostly terrible to watch. Disagree vehemently that he is going to be group leader of anything besides a remedial acting class or 12 steps for teenagers in 2020. He's not replace (3x) Bobby Draper level bad, but he's even further from Sally Draper's emerging star curve. Cue Meyers on Chandler Bing's err Rigg's bizarro child actor award history...

I suppose if/when Rick dies at end of some future season, they could simply jump a few years & replace Carl Jr
The flash forward is likely the solution if they go that route. I hope they end the show with Rick going out on top though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I got the sense Rick was shown on long walk toward the gate...as in leaving. Deanna had said that no one dies, just expelled.

Also, tSunday's opening scene was of a walker with fresh blood on it. Was it connected to any kill?
Okay...apparently Rick wasn't walking toward the gate. Just past D's house.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pretty sure I saw Morgan at the gate in the previews for the finale.

If Carol gets it in the finale, I'm gonna be pissed. She's the most interesting character right now, IMO.

I think the baby buys it.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
What's odd is that in the preview I saw Rick in a white tshirt walking toward the gate, and I also saw father Gabriel at the gate in a white tshirt. I only saw it once. Anyone else see that?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Agree Carl's not going anywhere. I've always thought that an ending would be everybody's gone and we see Carl walking down the road, alone. Kind of like his dad at the beginning. No future, no hope, but still pressing on.

The comics aren't over either. So I don't know if Kirkman has an ending in mind. Not that the series would be the same anyway.

And yea, Chandler isn't that bad of an actor. No, he's not great but he as gotten better.

Reaction Score

Every week I watch, hoping the walkers eat Glen or Carl. I know Carl is a long shot, but Glen is a cat that is simply running out of lives at this point. My only question is, after they eat Glen, will they be hungry a half hour later? Yuk, yuk, yuk....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Every week I watch, hoping the walkers eat Glen or Carl. I know Carl is a long shot, but Glen is a cat that is simply running out of lives at this point. My only question is, after they eat Glen, will they be hungry a half hour later? Yuk, yuk, yuk....
yuk yuk yuk. :rolleyes: (actually I think the walkers are pretty much hungry all the time, they really don't have that "I'm full" trigger in their brain anymore)

I don't think Glen gets eaten. He has a real specific, dramatic death in the comics. I would think they would go that way or something pretty similar. They've already given us a couple flashes of it. Then again, they might go a completely different way like they have with Carol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom