walk of faith | The Boneyard

walk of faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That idiot is wearing a Mizzou sweatshirt.

He doesn't deserve props. He made a stupid prediction, and now he's paying for being wrong.

That came out much more cranky that was originally intended....football is really getting to my sunny disposition.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Walk of Douchiness?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That idiot is wearing a Mizzou sweatshirt.

He doesn't deserve props. He made a stupid prediction, and now he's paying for being wrong.

That came out much more cranky that was originally intended....football is really getting to my sunny disposition.

Of course he deserves props. And it's OK to wear your alma mater's sweatshirt.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Check with KO's mother if you want to know why it is called "walk of faith"

Geez! Wonder how much betting on UCONN winning the championship posters were putting down after the Memphis game. The guy can be a douce, but he is not our cheerleader.

Reaction Score
"On March 15, after the UConn men's basketball team lost to Memphis in the AAC Tournament, Courant columnist Jeff Jacobs said this about head coach Kevin Ollie's promise to bring a championship back to Storrs: "Color me not convinced. Call me the doubting Pitino if you want, but I'll carry this banner from the state Capitol to Gampel Pavilion if UConn wins the national championship." Well, the Huskies won. And now sixth months later, Jacobs is making good on his promise."

I am pretty sure we beat memphis and Cincinnati in the AAC tournament

Reaction Score
He's walking 26 miles for charity this morning.

We're on our couches.

He wins.

No, Dorothy Ollie wins.

First she raises a son bright enough to win a national championship. Then, instead of resting on her laurels, she leverages that bit of success into charity money - call it the loud mouth journalist foundation.

Credit Jacobs for following through, but he's really just paying a debt.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
"On March 15, after the UConn men's basketball team lost to Memphis in the AAC Tournament, Courant columnist Jeff Jacobs said this about head coach Kevin Ollie's promise to bring a championship back to Storrs: "Color me not convinced. Call me the doubting Pitino if you want, but I'll carry this banner from the state Capitol to Gampel Pavilion if UConn wins the national championship." Well, the Huskies won. And now sixth months later, Jacobs is making good on his promise."

I am pretty sure we beat memphis and Cincinnati in the AAC tournament

Must have meant Louisville. Kind of a weird mistake.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I thought his daughter was Emily Noonan for a second. Then I realized no man that ugly could help make such an angel.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Must have meant Louisville. Kind of a weird mistake.

We know it was Louisville. The fact that he's too lazy to double check his info before publishing it is par for the course.

Two things.

1. He is a cranky who deserves our ridicule.
2. He's walking 26 miles for some/any charity and deserves our praise.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
We know it was Louisville. The fact that he's too lazy to double check his info before publishing it is par for the course. Two things. 1. He is a cranky who deserves our ridicule. 2. He's walking 26 miles for some/any charity and deserves our praise. They aren't mutually exclusive.

In fairness, he didn't write that paragraph - someone else on the Courant staff did.

Reaction Score
He said something stupid which left him no other option. Ye's he deserves credit for stupidity.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Jacobs has probably pissed off nearly everyone in some form or another in the past few decades, but he deserves major props for eating his crow, keeping his word, and adding the charity of Dorothy and Kevin's choice.

Props deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul