walk of faith | Page 2 | The Boneyard

walk of faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Props to the old curmudgeon for doing this, but where is the banner he said he would be carrying?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
He raised some money for charity. He paid his debt. And his last tweet of the afternoon was "For the record. I took the stairs."

That last one kinda redeems him in my book.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some of you guys are exceptional s sometimes.

UConn won the title. He paid up- and added a charity component. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED HIM TO SAY HE duckKED UP?!?!?!
I believe there is precedent for 5 times.

CL82

Reaction Score
Jacobs has probably pissed off nearly everyone in some form or another in the past few decades, but he deserves major props for eating his crow, keeping his word, and adding the charity of Dorothy and Kevin's choice.

Props deserved.
Major props? Meh. It was just another opportunity for the story to be about Jeff. Still, he did live up to his word so there's that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Major props? Meh. It was just another opportunity for the story to be about Jeff. Still, he did live up to his word so there's that.
I have issues with a few things he's written over the years, but at the end of the day the guy is a good dude.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I have issues with a few things he's written over the years, but at the end of the day the guy is a good dude.

He's a sports columnist...not a criminal.

CL82

Reaction Score
I have issues with the Jazz as thug article, the shot at Sticks (writing that his coming back to the university was a one semester fraud) and of course the whole JC feud. Too many instances 1) making himself the story, 2) taking unsubstantiated cheap shots and then not doing a mea culpa when he's proven wrong and 3) jumping at any opportunity to cast UConn in a bad a light in order to portray himself as unbiased. Other than that, he's a prince.

I'm sure he's a good guy, loves his wife and kids etc., I just don't particularly consider him a friend to the university, or even unbiased.

Reaction Score
A lot of thin skin on here. Expressing his opinion is his job. Just because you don't agree with his opinion is no reason to hate him. I hear opinions I don't agree with all the time. I don't hate my wife for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom