Waiting for MRI results | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Waiting for MRI results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geez, the last time I had an MRI I had to wait probably two days for the results. Then it took another two days to finally get hold of the radiologist and ask him if he really meant what he said in the report. He didn't.

Oh boy, I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow - hope my experience is a bit better than yours BB...!

Reaction Score
I get that, Phil. I just think that fans’ expectations that they should get whatever they want when they want it, be it 40+ blowouts from day one, medical test results, certain statements in a certain way from Geno, etc gives off a whiff of entitlement.
And if Paige didn’t disclose the exact nature of the injury nobody can without her HIPPA waiver.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
assuming the longer the wait, the more serious the injury might be.
Before they can do any tests the swelling has to go down to a certain amount. It was over 24 hours before the Army could do a MRI on my Achilles tendon rupture due to the swelling. By the way I got it from stepping off of a curb while walking.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I have no “accredited” medical training but have spent years watching medical shows such as Emergency, Doogie Howser, M.D., ER, House, The Good Doctor, and Grey’s Anatomy to name a few. So I’d like to offer my help with the diagnosis to the actual medical doctors, or help with interpreting the results for the boneyard. I’ll just stand-by on call.
What? No MASH?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
assuming the longer the wait, the more serious the injury might be.
The radiologist’s review of an MRI is pretty cut and dry. The radiologist then writes up the results and provides them to the team doctor who would then discuss the results with the player and head coach. It’s a process that takes a little time, but the severity of the injury should not be a major factor in the time it takes to get the results.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have no “accredited” medical training but have spent years watching medical shows such as Emergency, Doogie Howser, M.D., ER, House, The Good Doctor, and Grey’s Anatomy to name a few. So I’d like to offer my help with the diagnosis to the actual medical doctors, or help with interpreting the results for the boneyard. I’ll just stand-by on call.
And for what it’s worth, I’d like to order 5 ccs of lidocaine, stat.

Reaction Score
Yes, but if you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, you have no credibility.

Reaction Score
This set of posts is getting to be on the North side of weird. While I am like most and am interested in the MRI results, projecting timeframes and attributing medical results to them has little or no value. MRI's are just the starting point of any injury of this kind. Other doctors, physical therapists, etc. then get involved and develop treatment plans. Likely little can or will be done until the swelling goes away. Sometimes, inititial treatment plays need to be modified, affecting the time to get back on the court, good or bad. Would not be surprising that Paige and/or Geno have no desire to make this discussion fully public. Holding your breath could be bad for your personal health.

Reaction Score
Bored are you ?. We think of them as our daughters meaning to hell with whether we win or not but how is this young lady going to take this bump in the road.

Reaction Score
Geez, the last time I had an MRI I had to wait probably two days for the results. Then it took another two days to finally get hold of the radiologist and ask him if he really meant what he said in the report. He didn't.

Back then it took a while for the liquid lead to pass through the digestive system.....

%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%AB%D9%87-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%B5%D8%A9-768x569.jpg

Reaction Score
Hope you’re not waiting now, because she’s going to get you bumped back a little more.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Oh boy, I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow - hope my experience is a bit better than yours BB...!
I've had a half-dozen, and this was the only one that was kind of weird. The referring physician asked the imaging folks to look for something, and the report said the findings were "consistent" with what they were looking for. When I talked to the radiologist, he said the result was consistent with other things. There was a pile of other evidence pointing away from what the referring doc was looking for, so I was glad I was armed with the convo with the radiologist, but my doc still wanted to treat me very aggressively. That's the last time I saw that doctor.

It was totally not a problem with the radiologist, and I shouldn't have been flippant about that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
These kids do attend classes. An MRI requires a trip to a hospital, likely UConn Health which is West of Hartford, as well as a scheduled time. The MRI then has to be read by either Dr Arciero or Dr Joyce. Life doesn't come to a halt because a student-athlete needs an MRI.

Reaction Score
Yeah. But I slept at a Holiday Inn last night.

Reaction Score
The last news headline I saw said she would get the MRI “in the next few days.” Take with a grain of salt — I think it was from ESPN so they may have just been hedging not knowing the actual timing.

Reaction Score
Back then it took a while for the liquid lead to pass through the digestive system.....

%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%AB%D9%87-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%B5%D8%A9-768x569.jpg

These kids do attend classes. An MRI requires a trip to a hospital, likely UConn Health which is West of Hartford, as well as a scheduled time. The MRI then has to be read by either Dr Arciero or Dr Joyce. Life doesn't come to a halt because a student-athlete needs an MRI.
Life doesn't come to a halt because a student-athlete needs an MRI. In CT of course it does if it's Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom