Wahab not Committing on Thursday | The Boneyard

Wahab not Committing on Thursday

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

Hurley worked his magic so he waits for Kofi

How’d that type conversation go, in your opinion? Smooth move to hold a guy off, after announcing a date to be done. Must have given him some serious pause for thought.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m of the opinion that if we can land Wahab we take him even if it means we miss on Kofi. I think we can get enough offensive production out of our 1-4 that we can use a long athletic run protector at the 5. Blocked shots lead to transition points and well have a team stylistically for the next few years that does most its damage in transition. Defense in the paint is our most glaring weakness right now. Imagine the block party with Akok at the 4 and Wahab at the 5?!

Reaction Score
I’m of the opinion that if we can land Wahab we take him even if it means we miss on Kofi. I think we can get enough offensive production out of our 1-4 that we can use a long athletic run protector at the 5. Blocked shots lead to transition points and well have a team stylistically for the next few years that does most its damage in transition. Defense in the paint is our most glaring weakness right now. Imagine the block party with Akok at the 4 and Wahab at the 5?!
I don't see why we can't take both. If Wahab wants to come here, take him. Still pursue Kofi. He won't be afraid of Wahab, and if Wahab doesn't like it, then he can just decommit. Everyone else does it.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
A Pitt fan was harassing me back in April on Twitter and sent a tweet that, while too vulgar to post here, boiled down to “Capel would out recruit Hurley for years to come”

I’m going to have fun revisiting that for “years to come”

Reaction Score
I actually feel like Wahab fits Hurley’s style of play. If wahab wants success at the next level...the decision is easy...pick UCONN. Committing to Pitt would be a horrible decision.

C

Chief00

Danny is clearly prioritizing Kofi but our needs are so great up front we could easily have major minutes for Kofi, Wahab or Mitchell. Ideally, we want to get 2 of the 3. I think Precious we strategize after we see how the other 3 land. Thats asking a lot but that would give us a true front court rotation with Akok and Polley. Josh will need to establish himself in conference play this season to be a factor.
Gilbert, JB, Vital, B Adams and Gaffney will be the guard rotation. Depending on how front court recruiting plays out JB could also share time with Polley at the 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Danny is clearly prioritizing Kofi but our needs are so great up front we could easily have major minutes for Kofi, Wahab or Mitchell. Ideally, we want to get 2 of the 3. I think Precious we strategize after we see how the other 3 land. Thats asking a lot but that would give us a true front court rotation with Akok and Polley. Josh will need to establish himself in conference play this season to be a factor.
Gilbert, JB, Vital, B Adams and Gaffney will be the guard rotation. Depending on how front court recruiting plays out JB could also share time with Polley at the 3.
Sid?

Reaction Score
There’s no way Wahab and Kofi end up at the same school, and I don’t think a first year coach would be willing to recruit over a top 100 kid who just committed to them. It’s going to be one or the other. You can dream all you want about it, but it will not happen.

Reaction Score
There’s no way Wahab and Kofi end up at the same school, and I don’t think a first year coach would be willing to recruit over a top 100 kid who just committed to them. It’s going to be one or the other. You can dream all you want about it, but it will not happen.
This is true. It is one or the other.

Reaction Score
This is true. It is one or the other.
Hurley did a lot with 75-150 and below recruited kids at Rhode Island. Consistently out performed there rankings aka he develops well. I’m ok w him picking wahab if he develops him. He has a nice Amida Brimah like body, slightly smaller. I’m all for it. Kofi seems like he’s gunna get an offer from a bigger time school when the dust settles

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom