Voepel on McCoughtry's absence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Voepel on McCoughtry's absence

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And Baylor would have had neither without Griner...plain and simple. Still doesn't explain why she didn't win the 2012 Nancy Lieberman Award. There is a reason some people gravitate to certain people (i.e. Twitter). HINT: It isn't cuz they carry a perpetual ' tude and "chip on their shoulder". Once again, maybe you and KMR should work harder on this with the person who did not win the award for the nations best PG!
Skylar Diggins was this year's rock star of wcbb, Simms was just the point guard on Brittany Griner's team. I'm not surprised SD won the award over Simms based on all of her advanced press.

I'm not getting the "'tude" reference in your post. There are many non-Notre Dame fans that might say that Diggins is the one with the attitude problem, not Simms. And please note, Kim Mulkey dropped the Robertson from her name after her divorce in 2006.

Reaction Score
Skylar Diggins was this year's rock star of wcbb, Simms was just the point guard on Brittany Griner's team. I'm not surprised SD won the award over Simms based on all of her advanced press.

I'm not getting the "'tude" reference in your post. There are many non-Notre Dame fans that might say that Diggins is the one with the attitude problem, not Simms. And please note, Kim Mulkey dropped the Robertson from her name after her divorce in 2006.

So noted, but Kim Mulkey will always be known as KMR when referring to acryonyms (similar to Pat Summitt and PHS)!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Acronyms can be tricky things. In Texas, where she was KMR for many years, I can see why KMR might hang on. Here, where KML is a bigger name, when I see KMR, my first thought it that it is a misspelled version of KML. I'm not saying you shouldn't use KMR, but it might take a second for people to realize who you are talking about.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think the "leverage-for-forcing-a-trade" hypothesis (i.e., Angel as Manny Ramirez redux) is more plausible than some deep psychological explanation. Although, if she is a free agent after this year, and since Atlanta clearly has a good shot to do well in the playoffs this year and possibly even get to the finals, you would think she could wait until after the season to make her exit rather than risk being traded to Tulsa or Washington (for example).

I am trying to think who the Sun might offer for her if that is the case. Certainly they would give up a #1 draft choice (maybe even 2 years of them), but I think other teams would offer current players. I don't think that the Sun would or should give up Tina or Asjha or Kara to obtain Angel. Maybe Renee, Misty Mims, and a #1 draft choice -- but that hardly seems like sufficient compensation for Angel, if her head is in the right place and she really wants to play for the Sun. I'm sure that any trade would be conditional on Angel signing a contract that extends beyond this season.
Manny Ramirez was making something along the lines of $20 million/year. It was simply not possible to retain his salary with no production. WNBA players make little enough, and there are few enough roster spots, that trading a star player for some combo platter of current, lesser players and draft picks doesn't make a ton of sense. It was silly when the Magic did it with Dwight Howard, and Howard was basically swallowing up their salary cap.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So noted, but Kim Mulkey will always be known as KMR when referring to acryonyms (similar to Pat Summitt and PHS)!
That might be a bad example, as I don't see the acronym PHS used here often. (My first reaction - which high school?) It isn't that we eschew acronyms, as CD will be CD, even though that one can be confusing. Kalana Greene is often KG, but I don't think Shea Ralph was ever called SR. There's a probably a reason behind this, which letters trip of f the tongue more easily.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Actually, this sounds like a good off-season exercise. Which Huskies are known by their initials, and which not.

DT - yes
SR - No
CD - yes
JE - No

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
MM- No
TC - No
SB - No
KJ - sometimes
JM - No
AB - Yes
TW - No
AV - sometimes
BT- Yes
AS - No
SM - No

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
AJ - sometimes
KB - No
CB - No
JG - No
SH- No
RL- No
NW - No
KF - No
KB - I don't think so

Reaction Score
Or better yet - which Boneyarders are known by their initials - PSG - Phil Stats Geek rolls right off the tongue :)

Reaction Score
Actually, this sounds like a good off-season exercise. Which Huskies are known by their initials, and which not.

DT - yes
SR - No
CD - yes
JE - No

Certain players are bigger than acronyms...they are full-fledged (b-ball) divas...Madonna, Dianna, Maya, Skylar...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
My personal favorite is our incoming freshman's two letter moniker but I am not sure I can use it on this board :)D) - it trips off the tongue much better that 7'1".

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
And Baylor would have had neither without Griner...plain and simple. Still doesn't explain why she didn't win the 2012 Nancy Lieberman Award. There is a reason some people gravitate to certain people (i.e. Twitter). HINT: It isn't cuz they carry a perpetual ' tude and "chip on their shoulder". Once again, maybe you and KMR should work harder on this with the person who did not win the award for the nations best PG!

LOL...jealousy is an ugly quality. I'm perfectly happy with what we have.

Dang it...I was determined not to use the "Ignore" feature this season. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom