Vital to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Vital to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If there's one thing I don't worry about with Ollie, it's his ability to develop guards. Christian should be a key piece to the team by the time he's an upperclassman, if not sooner.

Reaction Score
I am hoping this kid develops into a UConn Carl Krauser (Pitt) type guard who got under everyone's skin - you hated him but wished he played for your team.

I see him developing into a Trevor Cooney with good shot selection

Reaction Score
Next year we will be decent but I really think we will be a force from the 2017-18 season onwards.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Next year we will be decent but I really think we will be a force from the 2017-18 season onwards.

If Jalen is still around we should be awesome. When Durham/Diarra/Brown/Alterique are juniors, we should be a great team.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Are we still recruiting Brown or no?
There's been some mixed news from insiders on this (reliable insiders). We seem to have cooled on him, but we did watch a couple of his games at the EYBL.

He's very much a project, btw. Every bit as raw as Enoch, and every bit as foul prone as Brimah was. He's a very nice signing, but clearly not a guy KO is afraid of recruiting over.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There's been some mixed news from insiders on this (reliable insiders). We seem to have cooled on him, but we did watch a couple of his games at the EYBL.

He's very much a project, btw. Every bit as raw as Enoch, and every bit as foul prone as Brimah was. He's a very nice signing, but clearly not a guy KO is afraid of recruiting over.

That's the kid who committed? Zach Brown? Seemed like he had good potential. Higher rated than most of our projects.

Reaction Score

Wasn't he ranked in the Top 30 at one point? Supposed to be an impact player right away?

Reaction Score
Wasn't he ranked in the Top 30 at one point? Supposed to be an impact player right away?

Yup, till he sign with us. Then even our guys said he was a project. On the verge of being a bust.

I made up my the last point.

Reaction Score
He's still a top 30 guy. He used to be like top 15.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That's the kid who committed? Zach Brown? Seemed like he had good potential. Higher rated than most of our projects.
Still a top 30 guy, but I suspect he'll drop a bit more over the next year to fringe top 50. He has a lot of trouble staying on the court (incredibly foul prone) and while he's got great individual fundamentals (keeps the ball high, boxes out well, great at put-backs aorund the rim) he's still very raw in terms of operating in a team defensive or offensive scheme.

I'm not sure where the idea that he'd be an immediate impact player came from. I'm sure he'll get his minute, but this isn't Towns or Okafor. Kid's a project with lots of long-term potential.

Reaction Score
I think like most UConn fans, I've been groomed to overlook speculative h.s. rankings.

It appears that this kid's shot is PURE!
We'll have to wait and see if CV will be able to seperate and shoot on his own at the college level,
but with this team's dribble drive ability he'll probably just have to find his spots and be ready to catch and shoot.
If his work ethic and tenacity are as special as many people around say it is, then I'm happy we gave him a jersey.
I believe a Craig Austrie type is this kid's floor.

Vida Vital!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe unduly optomistic, but I'm looking for him to be Rashad Anderson. Not the main option, but deadly if left open.

Reaction Score
I like the kids form on his jumper ,very classic ,with good elevation.
This kid will become a good 2
Especially paired with a guard who can penetrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member