Vital to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Vital to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I hope that he can become a great defender, while we're wishing. What a great signing! He hopefully fills the hole we have and then may be be better than many think.

You have got to give it to Kevin Ollie 100% for this one. The Mom Factor... The KO Edge! Or one of them.

Reaction Score
Called this as soon as I heard about the decommit from UNLV. Made too much sense not to happen.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
things are trending up around here

landing key recruits, Kemba lighting it up, KO telling recruits he's staying, the ladies do their thing, we get to win another Olympic gold medal this summer and our football team is going to win 9 games

Reaction Score
If all he does is push everyone in practice for PT and make it clear that he's going to out hustle everyone for PT, the team and program will be better for it.

Moreso the front court than the backcourt it seems like there's minutes to be had by taking them via practice and improvement and no one has stepped over another player in the rotation.
That type of positive competition makes everyone better and makes everyone
play harder.

he'matured greatly over the last 2 yrs.....off the court he is a pleasure to converse with.....on the court something happens...super competitive and a consummate irritant to opponents.....also he likes to rebound and comes out ahead more often than not against the trees.....have seen him more than hold his own against the likes of adams, mitchell of louisville, and bruce brown who i thought was the best player in new england.......he gets under your fingernails much like the little guard fr pc who terrorized tyliek for a couple of halves.....he has range to 25 ft and dunk easily on breakaways.......his handle gets him where he wants to go but can get too high at times.....defensively he can be beaten off the dribble but more than holds his own.....needs to put on 15 pounds of muscle......i expect that ko's influence on

If all he does is push everyone in practice for PT and make it clear that he's going to out hustle everyone for PT, the team and program will be better for it.

Moreso the front court than the backcourt it seems like there's minutes to be had by taking them via practice and improvement and no one has stepped over another player in the rotation.

That type of positive competition makes everyone better and makes everyone play harder.

C

Chief00

Great news! Sounds like he brings us things we need; toughness, a shooter, a ball handler. Great job by KO and the staff and great to have him as a part of the Husky family. Welcome aboard Christian! And somehow we were able to recruit him without Bunkey!
Actually, he has known Bunkey - just to correct the record :)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Glad to have you on board CV. Seems like a good outside shooter based on the footage over seen of him recently, which as w all know was something we desperately needed going into this season. Once thing o want able to find though is much footage of him handling the back of pushing it up court in transition in the videos over seen. Guards in our system need to be able to handle the ball under pressure, anyone have a good video showing some handle?

Reaction Score
image.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To UC99041 - after seeing all the things written about this kid over the last 2 years - you need him to be an elite ranked player t play at UConn????
I am hoping this kid develops into a UConn Carl Krauser (Pitt) type guard who got under everyone's skin - you hated him but wished he played for your team.
I think it needs to ba a prerequisite that EVERY recruits Mom has a dinner at KO's house before leaving the state
KO is so genuine he makes all others pale in comparative - sometimes folks are charmed by the snake oil salesmen like the Squid, the Picker, Pitino, etc

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Glad we re-upped on a NYC baller. Was getting concerned about no rep beyond Facey. I also like that he appears to be for now here for 3-4 years.

Great get, especially for program stability!
Got 2 NYC ballers in this class, and both look like 4-year players given their skillset & athletic profile.

That's a very good thing given the likes of Diallo & Richards are targets for 2017, and others will surely pop up in 2018 and beyond.

Reaction Score
To UC99041 - after seeing all the things written about this kid over the last 2 years - you need him to be an elite ranked player t play at UConn????
I am hoping this kid develops into a UConn Carl Krauser (Pitt) type guard who got under everyone's skin - you hated him but wished he played for your team.
I think it needs to ba a prerequisite that EVERY recruits Mom has a dinner at KO's house before leaving the state
KO is so genuine he makes all others pale in comparative - sometimes folks are charmed by the snake oil salesmen like the Squid, the Picker, Pitino, etc
I haven't seen all those things which is why I was asking....

Thanks guys

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Can someone who has followed this kid closely tell me why everyone is so excited about a sub 200 recruit? I can't remember a kid we've recruited that low ever becoming a star.
Maybe because he seems to have the attributes that make for a great Husky: 10 toes in., great attitude, toughness, downtown shooter, gritty, whatever it takes. Put that young man under the tutelage of KO and watch him become a leader on the floor as well as off. I think this is going to be a glue guy; one who is a unifier. Great recruit KO.

Reaction Score
Maybe because he seems to have the attributes that make for a great Husky: 10 toes in., great attitude, toughness, downtown shooter, gritty, whatever it takes. Put that young man under the tutelage of KO and watch him become a leader on the floor as well as off. I think this is going to be a glue guy; one who is a unifier. Great recruit KO.

yup. Seems like he loves to work, and work hard - and if you're KO you've gotta love that. And he can shoot the basketball which is a desperate need. If he can start out as a 3&D guy and improve his game over 4 years then he can be much more than serviceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom