Vital - Kenpom AAC POY (thus far) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Vital - Kenpom AAC POY (thus far)

Reaction Score
This Board is so black and white. The truth was CV was a hot mess, made bad decisions, took terrible shots, drove recklessly and couldn’t finish. Now, he’s a PoY candidate by transforming in a short period of time like no other player I can remember. It’s nothing short of amazing. I can’t say enough about how special this is, and how wonderful it is for him. He found his true potential just in time.

Agreed, if Vital hadn't taken awful shots and could finish he would have shot 45% from 3 instead of 41% last year and 56% from 2 instead of 52%.

Reaction Score
I’m looking at positive contributions and decisions on the floor toward winning, not just chucking up numbers. Anybody who thinks CV was the same player these last 8 weeks as prior was watching different games than me. There are plenty of players that can put up big numbers on a crappy team. What I respect is the huge leap in decision making, shot selection and control. Night and day.

It's this.

In the last 2 months, ever since Gilbert's benching (and probably a talking-to from Hurley), Vital went from a guy who put up decent numbers on a losing team to a legitimate leader on a winning team.

Dyson put up decent numbers on losing teams (2007, 2010), put up good numbers on a winning team (2009), but was never a leader.

The Vital/Dyson comparison was pretty apt up until the last few months, when Vital bought in and became a true leader/winner.

Reaction Score
The Vital/Dyson comparison was pretty apt up until the last few months, when Vital bought in and became a true leader/winner.

Right, everything changed in the last seven games. Vital and Dyson had a lot of similar weaknesses until seven games ago. A smart, efficient, knockdown shooter version of Vital (combined with his intangibles) is a superior player to Dyson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom