Vital and Gilbert | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Vital and Gilbert

Reaction Score
They are both frustrating. Neither is terrible.

As has been said a thousand times on this board, you take the bad with the good with CV. He bleeds blue but God he makes you want to throw your remote at the screen.
This is the best way to summarize these 2, love the hell out of them and Vital is an all time Husky for what he's survived. But I can't wait to have a team full of Hurley guys

Reaction Score
Hurleys one mission the next three weeks before conference play is to get Bouknight involved in the offense. The rest of the players are what they are except for akok. Not gonna win unless we get support from jb. One more thing does cv ever pass on a fast break ? He had akok on the break actually twice I believe and took it himself. Sel-fish

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The kids they’re lashing out at are putting their bodies on the line game in and game out. It’s immature and disrespectful for people who have made no such sacrifice to take shots at character/toughness.
I agree, taking shots at character and toughness are ridiculous. Discussing and sometimes criticizing level of play is a majority of what this board is for though.

Reaction Score
Your senior guard. with. the ball. Can't have. that happen Vital. CANT have. that happen.

I will forever love. the. kids hustle, energy, rebounding ability as. a. 6'2 guard (He leads he team, oye) but he. is not the guy. you want with. the ball in his hands at that point.,

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not completely optimistic but I think we can win the AAC tournament, nobody but Memphis really scares me
Winning any tournament when our guards put up stinkers every other game is very optomistic thinking.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Your senior guard. with. the ball. Can't have. that happen Vital. CANT have. that happen.

I will forever love. the. kids hustle, energy, rebounding ability as. a. 6'2 guard (He leads he team, oye) but he. is not the guy. you want with. the ball in his hands at that point.,
This punctuation gave me a seizure.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree, taking shots at character and toughness are ridiculous. Discussing and sometimes criticizing level of play is a majority of what this board is for though.

It’s gotten beyond criticism IMO.

Reaction Score
Hurleys one mission the next three weeks before conference play is to get Bouknight involved in the offense. The rest of the players are what they are except for akok. Not gonna win unless we get support from jb
Yes x 100. Vital shouldn’t be in at the end of the game. Bouk should. Vital has never proved that he can put away a close game against a big time opponent. Bouknight will a lot in his career

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Worst backcourt in America. Put Sacred Hearts backcourt in with Polley Akok and Carlton and we’re a sweet 16 team. Hurley needs to pull an Edsall and kill the previous regime

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Bouknight barely played. Hurley's got him tied up.
Bouknight doesn’t know what to do on offense yet. That’s why he didn’t play much he doesn’t know how to get open at all

Reaction Score
He and Adams played a combined 32 minutes and were 0-5 with 6 turnovers. They were no better. Bouk is a great talent and the future but no point in throwing him in there without giving him a chance to grow. We are going as far as AG and CV will take us this year. Unfortunately, that’s probably gonna be an NIT appearance.
When you have guys who continue to make the same losing no IQ bball plays over and over and don't hold them accountable you know the result and it sets a bad example. Unfortunately we don't have a backup for Gilbert right now so he has to play. If Hurley's coaching for next year and is sitting Bouknight for any mistake that's one thing but it's just weird Vital is allowed to make a dozen or so mistakes and hardly ever sits. Looks like Hurley is going to live and die with him, it seems fairly obvious that will kill any NCAA chances.

Reaction Score
The kids they’re lashing out at are putting their bodies on the line game in and game out. It’s immature and disrespectful for people who have made no such sacrifice to take shots at character/toughness.
Only thing people are lashing out at is Hurley, an adult who clearly continues to have different standards, more lenient standard towards 2 seniors

zero attack towards the players. the entire state loves them and wants them to do well

but you can’t ask for sympathy and critique the critiques when you’re a 3.5m/year coach and you can’t see what the entire country sees

Reaction Score
If anyone has a problem with anyones effort tonight, they need to kick rocks. I was overjoyed with. the energy these kids played with. I came here to ask if anyone else noticed a different team. And walked. into a hornets nest. of. shameful banter. This team, FOR A CHANGE, came out fired up and ready to play. Akok Akok is a game changer. Everything shifted with his foul trouble. I am so proud of the kids for playing their hearts out. They. had MSG rocking, UCONN BABY!!!!! They're close, not there yet, but they are close. If you're upset with them this evening you should probably follow someone else.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Neither Vital or Gilbert played well at all tonight. 22 team turnovers clearly illustrates that point. Eminently winnable game and we didn’t take advantage. Very disappointed tonight. Our backcourt needs to be better.

Reaction Score
This punctuation gave me a seizure.
It's my MacBook. It. adds ...... with an extra. tap of the space bar. It's. odd. Hope you seek medical help for your seizure.

Edit: a quick google search showed me how to turn off the auto period after a double space. So again, You should seek medical help for your seizure and I wish you the best.

Last edited:

polycom

Reaction Score
Think you're reading way too much into a missed high five.

Unless you watched it in person and watch Hurley stomp off after it happened, I don’t care about your opinion.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Unless you watched it in person and watch Hurley stomp off after it happened, I don’t care about your opinion.
If you wanted to brag about going to the game you could've just said it. Congrats. You're still reading too much into it.

Reaction Score
What happened? I'm not following along here.

polycom

Reaction Score
What happened? I'm not following along here.
Vital got subbed after a couple stupid plays Hurley stuck his hand out vital side stepped him to avoid it and then Hurley did his hand gesture when the refs make a bad call. He was clearly pissed about it.

Reaction Score
Not one single poster in here has questioned Vital's toughness, character, or hustle. You are making that up.
Nor should anyone EVER. I'm late to the party on this one, but he is one of the toughest, hardest working, non stop. hustling to ever wear UConn across his chest. I will forever. be a fan of CV despite his missteps. in key moments, The. kid always gives his. ALL, 110%. from the. word go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom