Vital and Gilbert | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vital and Gilbert

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Vital & Gilbert are Queens AAU, park types of players with all too predictable games. 22 turnovers tonight! They did nothing to set up Akok or Bouk. Terrible leadership & selfish shot selections with bad, bad form.

And little Gilbert forcing the drive into the lane? We all know what usually happens - block or turnover trying to get it to a big.

Polley provides absolutely nothing if he's not getting/hitting open shots off a pass. No dribble. No rebounds. No left hand. No D. No moves. No passing or creating. He may have a great looking basketball body, but Polley plays soft & scared - he has no heart. I wouldn't resign him.

In fact, I'll bet that Danny Hurley can't wait to get rid of all of Ollie's Follies. All have basic fundamental flaws. They are not the kinds of players UConn or Hurley needs to rebuild UConn as a power. Just confirms that Ollie was a terrible recruiter. UConn needs fundamentally skilled players who never quit!

You’re far more soft and mentally weak than all of the players you’ve called out here. In fact, you’ve really embarrassed yourself here.

Reaction Score
We can pretend all we want, and and I think we make the tourney regardless but there's a common theme with our losses and spoiler they won't be here next year. Not to say they're bad players but they make bad plays

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It’s not like Bouk was lighting it up tonight. Gilbert and Vital are the backcourt for now until the young guys mature. Can’t just throw them in.

He didn’t get a chance. He didn’t force the issue. He missed a couple open looks, which I can live with.

He’s the only guy on the team who can create a good shot for himself. And he barely played. I don’t get it.

Reaction Score
Hurley wants to call out the fan base when they get criticized, own it when they go 3 for 17 with 10 turnovers.

your quote, “fans don’t know what’s going on every day”

Fans also don’t get paid 3.5M to keep senior guards in the game and let them turn it over every time the game is on the line

own it Hurley

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He didn’t get a chance. He didn’t force the issue. He missed a couple open looks, which I can live with.

He’s the only guy on the team who can create a good shot for himself. And he barely played. I don’t get it.
Agree with the first part. Bouknight sits because of his defense.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Hurley wants to call out the fan base when they get criticized, own it when they go 3 for 17 with 10 turnovers.

your quote, “fans don’t know what’s going on every day”

Fans also don’t get paid 3.5M to keep senior guards in the game and let them turn it over every time the game is on the line

own it Hurley

I hate to imagine how you handle actual adversity in the real world.

Reaction Score
We can pretend all we want, and and I think we make the tourney regardless but there's a common theme with our losses and spoiler they won't be here next year. Not to say they're bad players but they make bad plays
I thought we'd make the tourney before tonight....now I'd say 50/50 at best. Need to beat Nova and some good AAC road wins to think about tourney.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You cope with losses in a very peculiar way

I don’t take kindly to couch potato insurance salesmen who’ve done nothing to further the UConn Husky name running their mouths so loosely.

Reaction Score
I thought we'd make the tourney before tonight....now I'd say 50/50 at best. Need to beat Nova and some good AAC road wins to think about tourney.
Yeah I'm not completely optimistic but I think we can win the AAC tournament, nobody but Memphis really scares me

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Every single positive thing Christian Vital ever does is negated by a stupid out of control play or a horrible shot selection. So tired of watching him. Gilbert is terrible too. At least Vital rebounds.

They are both frustrating. Neither is terrible.

As has been said a thousand times on this board, you take the bad with the good with CV. He bleeds blue but God he makes you want to throw your remote at the screen.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
nice rebuttal... not a single thought on the game, Hurley’s rotation, the ending, or player performance

Blank personal attack on someone you don’t know personally

Don’t act like a spoiled brat if you don’t want to be treated like one.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I don’t take kindly to couch potato insurance salesmen who’ve done nothing to further the UConn Husky name running their mouths so loosely.
What exactly have you done to further the Husky name? If that's a criteria to post anything, sheesh.

Reaction Score
Bouknight barely played. Hurley's got him tied up.
He and Adams played a combined 32 minutes and were 0-5 with 6 turnovers. They were no better. Bouk is a great talent and the future but no point in throwing him in there without giving him a chance to grow. We are going as far as AG and CV will take us this year. Unfortunately, that’s probably gonna be an NIT appearance.

Reaction Score
I'm not one of the guys who bashes Hurley - I think he's doing more with what he has than a lot of coaches could. That said, it's hard to light it up when plays aren't going through you. DH said it himself, they aren't running plays for bouk yet, and it was clear they weren't

Reaction Score
@DaveHuskiesFan have you seem enough yet man?
How many times do we have to watch Vital play selfish ball and throw away games before you guys get it?
He won’t be here next year, Bouk needs to to start taking more of his minutes.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Vital refusing to slap hands with Hurley after he subbed him early in the second should have earned vital a seat on the bench.
Think you're reading way too much into a missed high five.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
What exactly have you done to further the Husky name? If that's a criteria to post anything, sheesh.

The kids they’re lashing out at are putting their bodies on the line game in and game out. It’s immature and disrespectful for people who have made no such sacrifice to take shots at character/toughness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom