Vital’s Foul | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vital’s Foul

Reaction Score
You haven't been paying attention to the board. Nobody thought we had a chance of winning that with AG and CV on the court and it played out exactly how it always plays out. We're playing for the future, I think most posters would rather lose trying with the young guys. Game chat I think there was one poster who thought we had a chance with the 4 year guys on the court.
You are underestimating the wingnut population on here. I read all week they talk about all the "talent" we have and how it's all Hurley's fault. Are these people Ollie lovers who have an agenda? I'm genuinely asking. It's certainly not the sane majority but I know I'm not imagining it.

Reaction Score
You are underestimating the wingnut population on here. I read all week they talk about all the "talent" we have and how it's all Hurley's fault. Are these people Ollie lovers who have an agenda? I'm genuinely asking. It's certainly not the sane majority but I know I'm not imagining it.
I forget what thread it was in but I commented on it earlier this week, yes the majority of the posters you're referencing are the KO lovers. Their shtick has gotten old fast

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He's either giving AG and Vital carte blanche with 4 minutes left in every single game or AG and Vital don't listen to a single thing he says and go off script. Both options are horrible and equal a loss in every game.

1 involves a need for massive restrategy

the second is cause for benching

And I’m one of vitals bigger fans here

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Vital‘s foul didn't cost of the game. Or AG driving and getting hip checked into next week with no call. We missed 7 dunks and layups. Not counting the 10 they blocked. We were awful shooting from outside. That’s the game. Refs were terrible and once again very much not favorable to UConn, but we still had a game we could win if we’d just make open shots.

The team has come a long way. The defense is very good. The rebounding is much improved. The ball movement is better. We are taking fewer dumb shots. One of the worst we took today was the three Adams made. And yet we cannot covert good, open looks. Until we do, we will keep losing.

There was no late game lineup change that would have made any difference today.

Reaction Score
The CV foul will always be called. He was trying to intentionally foul like it was an end of game situation. The refs were brutal towards us but that call has to be called and will always be called. That was like Roscoe's full court heave with 10 seconds on the clock. Vital had no clue what the time and score of the game was.

The only reason you are saying that is because it was called and the camera had a great view of it so they replayed it. They rarely replay a little foul like that. He touched the guy on the ribs after he blew by him but he didn’t obstruct him in any way. There was no reaction from the Memphis player that indicated he was even touched let alone impeded. You can easily let that go and play on. Guys still hand check and body opponents like crazy. It is generally called when it impedes the play.

AG’s drive was solid. He was clearly fouled as was Bouk on the rebound. We have 8 players. Whining that we should sit AG and CV in favor of the other 6 in crunch time when Vital is our best player, AG is our only PG and Bouk and Gaffney are throwing up air balls every two minutes is silly. We need more players. They are coming.

Reaction Score
We all knew they had no chance because we all knew it would be AG and CV down the stretch. What's the defintion of insanity, again???
Unfortunately there is a guy who is getting paid 3m a year that doesn’t seem to be familiar with the definition since he is leaving these folks on court each and every time.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Akok just has no offensive game if he isn’t making a lucky 3. I get he’s thin, but I havent seen him in the paint with the ball other than a fast break dunk. His wingspan is like 7’4, he can get his shot.
he took the left baseline j again. this time clang. not sure why he only gets to take that one time a game. by now, its obvious that he likes that shot, seemingly only from the left baseline. he should get more touches for that shot.

Reaction Score
Yes and yes, and I absolutely think Gaffney in there leads to better offense and better results. Quite frankly, it couldn't be any worse.

Not every late game possession needs to be an iso sequence. That's awful KO-style basketball.
Then what do you call the last possession of the first half with the ball in Gaffney's hands? Didn't get a shot off, I don't even think he got off his feet. He dribbled out 13 of the last 20 seconds 2 feet from mid court before dribbling around accomplishing nothing.

Reaction Score
Yes and yes, and I absolutely think Gaffney in there leads to better offense and better results. Quite frankly, it couldn't be any worse.

Not every late game possession needs to be an iso sequence. That's awful KO-style basketball.
Well I think we agree that we needed a play from Danny. But with 20 seconds left Gaff didn’t get a shot off. I doubt the plan was iso. The other Jalen
is gone.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately there is a guy who is getting paid 3m a year that doesn’t seem to be familiar with the definition since he is leaving these folks on court each and every time.
Two straight guys who got paid 3M.

Reaction Score
He should get a share of the blame for continuing to go back to the same lineup that’s proven it will find a way to lose.

Gaffney struggled today, but it’s inexplicable he didn’t get a chance to play in the final few minutes.
Gaff had his moment at the half. Didn’t get a shot off. Inexplicable.

Reaction Score
Then what do you call the last possession of the first half with the ball in Gaffney's hands? Didn't get a shot off, I don't even think he got off his feet. He dribbled out 13 of the last 20 seconds 2 feet from mid court before dribbling around accomplishing nothing.
This is very funny as a reason to play Gilbert. For whatever reason we are incapable of getting a shot off at the buzzer no matter who is in

Reaction Score
No major player to take over a game. Hurley get one please.

Reaction Score

If they’re still playing you’re supposed “KO style” basketball then the coach is not doing his job thanks for the answer. And even using that term at this point is so damn lame.

Reaction Score
Akok needs to expand his game. For him at this time there is no bad shot. Same goes for Bouk, Gaffney and Adams. All need to learn what they must work on during the off season. It is unlikely that the combo of CV and AG win will anything. Too many incomplete players. RC Cole will be point guard next year.
We need a center or a grad transfer big.
U r ok with going back to those awful 25 pt losses just do those young guys can see what they need to work on?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If they’re still playing you’re supposed “KO style” basketball then the coach is not doing his job thanks for the answer. And even using that term at this point is so damn lame.

If the shoe fits...

I’m fine with hurley. But his offense looks a lot like KO’s

Reaction Score
Young guys 7-34.
The 2 vets in question 10-23.
They deserved to be on the floor at crunch time.
31% FG% isn’t winning many games. These team is still 2 years away from a consistent office. Nothing is easy for them.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I have a problem with the refs calling that foul on CV, especially when they let so much contact slide earlier. There was stretch during the first half where they let both teams play considerabley, and I really enjoyed it.

I think that the ways games are officiated has to be re-evaluated. Overall, there need to be less fouls called, not more. I want to watch basketball, not foul shooting. Additionally, if a foul occurs far away from the hoop, it should only be called if it is a hard foul. Finally, let's raise the bar for when teams qualify for 1 and 1, and then again for shooting 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom