Vital’s Foul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vital’s Foul

Reaction Score
When did he do that late in game? He drove at the end cause we needed a quick score and missed. He had 10 points and 2 turnovers and 3 steals.

But let’s play that freshman who is 2 for his last 16. People suck.

Listen I have no problem with people saying take him out but that’s on coach. Maybe he should. But we just saw Gaffney against much more athletic players than temple it wasn’t pretty.

Reaction Score
The young guys did not have a good game but our D kept us in. 56-56 and a bad vital three led to a three by them. They scored the rest from the line.

Reaction Score
Akok just has no offensive game if he isn’t making a lucky 3. I get he’s thin, but I havent seen him in the paint with the ball other than a fast break dunk. His wingspan is like 7’4, he can get his shot.

Reaction Score
Yet people still blame Hurley for everything. The Vital foul was a game changer. Just need a stop there. It's just not a smart winning play and from a senior. People were asking in the chat why Hurley put them on the floor then. I would love to hear what they would say when Gaffney and Adams lost the game. They would cry that he shouldn't have taken AG and CV out. Hurley just doesn't have a lot to work with and it's magnified in half court possessions at end of games when defenses are really dug in. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. We don't have enough offensive firepower. Blaming after the fact is easy. I give Hurley credit for getting this group to continually play hard and be competitive under the circumstances. We had 8 players available for god sakes, and that's including Carlton who just struggles against this kind of athleticism.
He should get a share of the blame for continuing to go back to the same lineup that’s proven it will find a way to lose.

Gaffney struggled today, but it’s inexplicable he didn’t get a chance to play in the final few minutes.

Reaction Score
That seems to be what Hurley wants. Because this is what happens over and over again.

It’s a stupid weave and then someone drives in and throws up a prayer with almost zero hope of going in.

it’s like the ollie offense
He's either giving AG and Vital carte blanche with 4 minutes left in every single game or AG and Vital don't listen to a single thing he says and go off script. Both options are horrible and equal a loss in every game.

Reaction Score
Yes so smart for Gilbert to attack there when we only have 1000 prior examples showing there's no chance he scores
Yes so smart for Gilbert to attack there when we only have 1000 prior examples showing there's no chance he scores gets a call for being fouled. FIFY.

Reaction Score
Yes so smart for Gilbert to attack there when we only have 1000 prior examples showing there's no chance he scores gets a call for being fouled. FIFY.
I get what you're going for but if you have 1000 examples of not getting a call, STOP TRYING

Reaction Score
He should get a share of the blame for continuing to go back to the same lineup that’s proven it will find a way to lose.

Gaffney struggled today, but it’s inexplicable he didn’t get a chance to play in the final few minutes.
He’s 2- for last 16 and the PG spot had nothing to do with 3 fouls in the last minute that led to free throws for them. Whaley had two and Vital that one. We needed stops.

Reaction Score
He’s 2- for last 16 and the PG spot had nothing to do with 3 fouls in the last minute that led to free throws for them. Whaley had two and Vital that one. We needed stops.

Agree 100%, UConn bailed out Memphis at the end of the game when they were ready to lose it.

Reaction Score
No one else did anything either unless I missed something? Nor did Hurley draw up something different? Sure it’s them as part of it but it’s the same staff too in the last 2 minutes.
More of a 4 year cumulative thing with them than just today. Yes we need the coach to be better, need better players & need the better players to play smart and good....in other words we need an awful lot to be good again.

Reaction Score
More of a 4 year cumulative thing with them than just today. Yes we need the coach to be better, need better players & need the better players to play smart and good....in other words we need an awful lot to be good again.

Hear hear!

Reaction Score
Akok just has no offensive game if he isn’t making a lucky 3. I get he’s thin, but I havent seen him in the paint with the ball other than a fast break dunk. His wingspan is like 7’4, he can get his shot.
He made one nice drive and finish very early in the first half, missed a few dunks and got stuffed twice and it seemed to scare him. He was non existent the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Yet people still blame Hurley for everything. The Vital foul was a game changer. Just need a stop there. It's just not a smart winning play and from a senior. People were asking in the chat why Hurley put them on the floor then. I would love to hear what they would say when Gaffney and Adams lost the game. They would cry that he shouldn't have taken AG and CV out. Hurley just doesn't have a lot to work with and it's magnified in half court possessions at end of games when defenses are really dug in. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. We don't have enough offensive firepower. Blaming after the fact is easy. I give Hurley credit for getting this group to continually play hard and be competitive under the circumstances. We had 8 players available for god sakes, and that's including Carlton who just struggles against this kind of athleticism.
I don't think anyone sane would be upset if we lost with Gaffney & Adams in there at the end.

Everyone in Huskyland knew AG was gonna drive and miss on that big drive. Would prefer that Gaffney and Adams be in there at crunch time. This team's going no where so might as well get them some experience.

Think Hurley needs to move on from some of these losing culture players at end of season. They find ways to lose. No one cares he's never had a transfer. It's part of the business. Every other coach gets his guys in. He doesn't have a monopoly on being right and everyone else is wrong.

Let the ship sink with Gaffney and Adams at crunchtime. AG or CV can be in there, but they can't be the 2 guards, primarily with it in their hands. Love CV as catch shoot guy. There's still a place for AG & CV, but let the young pups learn to sink or swim in yet another rebuilding year.

Reaction Score
Yes so smart for Gilbert to attack there when we only have 1000 prior examples showing there's no chance he scores

The ball nearly went in and he was fouled. Bouk’s would be rebound on the play was lost when Memphis jumped on his back. That ball drops, or Bouk gets the rebound and we are in good shape.

Officiating has been very difficult for us this year. In all these close games we get screwed.

The CV reach was dumb but it was also a ticky tack call. Terrible choice to call that in a tight, physical game. That type of contact is non stop in a basketball game.

Reaction Score
At this point we should not expect good performances in the end game. We just don’t have the closers on this team. It’s not something at hat can be changed this year. I do love the tenacity and defense of this team lately. Particularly with our record and knowing there will be no dance this year. We are headed in the right directions though.

Reaction Score
The ball nearly went in and he was fouled. Bouk’s would be rebound on the play was lost when Memphis jumped on his back. That ball drops, or Bouk gets the rebound and we are in good shape.

Officiating has been very difficult for us this year. In all these close games we get screwed.

The CV reach was dumb but it was also a ticky tack call. Terrible choice to call that in a tight, physical game. That type of contact is non stop in a basketball game.
The CV foul will always be called. He was trying to intentionally foul like it was an end of game situation. The refs were brutal towards us but that call has to be called and will always be called. That was like Roscoe's full court heave with 10 seconds on the clock. Vital had no clue what the time and score of the game was.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone sane would be upset if we lost with Gaffney & Adams in there at the end.

The whole board would have been. Vital and AG were probably 2 of the biggest 3 reasons we were even in the game and in position to win down the stretch. If you benched them in crunch time just because of past games, not anything done today, for guys who had been struggling all game (which was all the other guards) Hurley would have been KILLED for sticking to his script, not adjusting to the flow of the game, etc.

Reaction Score
The whole board would have been. Vital and AG were probably 2 of the biggest 3 reasons we were even in the game and in position to win down the stretch. If you benched them in crunch time just because of past games, not anything done today, for guys who had been struggling all game (which was all the other guards) Hurley would have been KILLED for sticking to his script, not adjusting to the flow of the game, etc.
No I would've been on here praising him for making a good decision putting Gaffney in over AG

Reaction Score

Everyone in Huskyland knew AG was gonna drive and miss on that big drive. Would prefer that Gaffney and Adams be in there at crunch time. This team's going no where so might as well get them some experience.

Think Hurley needs to move on from some of these losing culture players at end of season. They find ways to lose. No one cares he's never had a transfer. It's part of the business. Every other coach gets his guys in. He doesn't have a monopoly on being right and everyone else is wrong.

Let the ship sink with Gaffney and Adams at crunchtime. AG or CV can be in there, but they can't be the 2 guards, primarily with it in their hands. Love CV as catch shoot guy. There's still a place for AG & CV, but let the young pups learn to sink or swim in yet another rebuilding year.
I don't really disagree. Just pointing out that there is a group that would be displeased with Hurley regardless of which guards he chose to play if it resulted in a loss.

Reaction Score
You haven't been paying attention to the board. Nobody thought we had a chance of winning that with AG and CV on the court and it played out exactly how it always plays out. We're playing for the future, I think most posters would rather lose trying with the young guys. Game chat I think there was one poster who thought we had a chance with the 4 year guys on the court.

Reaction Score
You haven't been paying attention to the board. Nobody thought we had a chance of winning that with AG and CV on the court and it played out exactly how it always plays out. We're playing for the future, I think most posters would rather lose trying with the young guys. Game chat I think there was one poster who thought we had a chance with the 4 year guys on the court.

Nope.

Everyone says that because they just assume whatever move the coach didn't make would have worked. Absolutely kidding yourself if you think the board would have been fine with the loss if we looked like we did down the stretch with Adams and Gaffney on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom