Villanova post game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Villanova post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No doubt ONO was missed but she can’t do anything about all those open perimeter shots NOVA got and all the sloppy passes. Just a bad game. The defense stopped TN cold. Tonight we just didn’t guard. Dorka May be more injured than we thought. She looked awful. I can’t explain Evina. Azzi is a superstar. We have 2 on 1 team.
There is very much a direct correlation between no Ono and open 3’s; without her protecting the rim, the need to double in the post becomes much greater, leaving shooters open. As I said in another post, you pick your poison under those circumstances.

Reaction Score
Hard to say a lot of analysis on tonights game whe you can only play 6.

2 questions, 1)if Ono wasnt feeling well, why is she sitting on the bench next to other players. Of course it could be something else.
2) Was tonights 21 rebounds a record low? If not what is the record?
Your Question No. 2 speaks to the importance of Liv to the team, and Question No. 1 is non sequitur: There are several causal factors that i can think of for Liv not playing and not be contagious to other players....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I wrote in a widely ignored post in prognosticators:

There 's still tinkering, even backsliding possible.
Let's not get over-hyped so if one of the next games is a stinker
We shouldn't be so hyped that we all go nuts.

With all the hype about Fudd, we forgot that Aaliyah played a virtually perfect game
the other night. Commenting on that I noted..
Can we count on Aaliyah to play a nearly flawless game again? Be nice.

Well, we didn't get it, on an evening just one more player would have stepped up, we might have gotten over the hump...And with Dorka hobbled, it probably had to be Aaliyah.
Or perhaps one of the other two guards (there was no one else).
But it didn't happen

This reminded me a bit of the Georgia Tech game...the team coming out flat, a little shell-shocked at
their latest misfortunes...really, really too bad that they couldn't overcome additional adversity.
They should be used to it (joke).

But they didn't, and they lost...not impossible that they lose again on Friday (especially) if the roster is as this evening.

I remain optimistic about Aaliyah, I remain optimistic that when the team finally reunites, they will be formidable. Talk about Bridgeport is folly.

Let's get healthy

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
uh oh.
this is gonna be a long week on the board.

Depending on what kind of illness it is he's not going to be able to comment on certain things. Don't panic.

Reaction Score
I stopped watch the game when we were down 19 pts. So I don't feel really bad we lost only 3 pts at end.

The problem of tonight's game is there is no confidence and no defense. We have total 21 rebs while Villanova has 37 rebs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They need rest and rehab before Friday...not some intense practice. Lighten up. They loss shorthanded. This is a talented team. Consider that this type of season long adversity has crippled UCLA. Covering a bunch of hot 3 point shooters for 40 minutes with 6 bodies is exhausting. And Fudd. I keep seeing Steph Curry.

Reaction Score
Hard to say a lot of analysis on tonights game whe you can only play 6.

2 questions, 1)if Ono wasnt feeling well, why is she sitting on the bench next to other players. Of course it could be something else.
2) Was tonights 21 rebounds a record low? If not what is the record?
Bcz it could be a musculoskeletal injury that’s causing her not to feel well.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not really post game related but I thought about it when we had quite a few turnovers in the 1st quarter.
I know the stats track points off of turnovers for the team, but are points off of a player's TOs recorded anywhere?
For example, if player X has 5 TOs, but the other team only got 4 points off of the 5, is that recorded anywhere?

Reaction Score
Was this game as important as any other in terms of seeding in the tourney? For my money, yes! Was it any less important than the TN game? Nope! My money says that if this is the 2nd round of the tourney, or beyond, both Caroline and Olivia play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom