Villanova post game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Villanova post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Give Villanova all the credit. They probed the paint, popped threes, snatched away rebounds and forced the refs to make calls.

Christyn gave it her all, which was good to see. Villanova's defensive gameplay was to crowd Azzi and let everyone else beat them. Azzi put up a strong effort with 29 11/20 Field goals. 4/8 from the three point line, some defensive tips, smart decisions, missed open cuts but it wasn't enough. It just wasn't their night and I'll leave it at that. It happens. Better now than in March.

I hope Ice Brady and Ayanna are ready to contribute this Fall because we need athletic, versatile posts

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And 2 assistants looking like just rolled out of bed. Nope that wasn't it.
Don't care about the coaches but if the players look like they just rolled out of bed, that is an issue.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Looking at the box score, this was a 6 v 6 game.

Nova did use 2 other players, than the 6 main players, but they only played 2 minutes and 1 minute.

Reaction Score
It was the first conference loss in nine years and 170 games. The streak was going to end some time and having 1/3rd of the team unavailable was simply a bridge too far. It wasn't the first time a top 10 team lost to an unranked team and won't be the last.

Reaction Score
She had 24 points, shot 60% (9-15), 4-5 from three, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals. And Christyn is blaming herself?
I'm not sure that's it. I wonder if, reflecting on what happened, she thinks about what Paige said to start the 4th and that "getting them ready" is talking about maybe doing more of that motivation. I don't know if Christyn is naturally comfortable in that role but I'm cool if she's learning something about leadership and her role on the team. I'm NOT cool if she's actually taking on that loss.

Reaction Score
This team has faced a ton of adversity and tonight was no exception. I'd like to think that this will only benefit them in the post season. Every team is going to be up to play us and best believe Depaul is chomping at the bit.

Reaction Score
The Huskies didn’t have enough players to press or play man for long. Fatigue was an issue
Gotta change it up; no time for fatigue. That's when you hope adrenaline kicks in. You're going down for sure otherwise.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Full press conference:

Good introspective presser. I feel for him. It must be nuts to coach a team under such variable conditions and with so many players up and down

For the upbeat part, just go to the end when he talks about Azzi using the word I would use

Azzi is a superb basketball player. (don't have to worry about her)

Reaction Score
This nonsense is gonna start impacting recruiting.

Geno better watch himself here. There’s some degree of attitudinal rot in the program.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This team has faced a ton of adversity and tonight was no exception. I'd like to think that this will only benefit them in the post season. Every team is going to be up to play us and best believe Depaul is chomping at the bit.
Not looking forward to facing Depaul and Morrow without Liv back and Dorka and Aaliyah better bring their A games.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The lineup if all healthy before Paige returns
CW….Azzi….Ono….Caroline and either Dorka or Edwards
Muhl turned the ball over several times at the start of the game…. Against good teams she is a liability on offense and her Defense not enough to compensate for that hole.
In fairness this team cannot dictate defensively like past teams….still hopefully if Paige returns at the end of the month.,, the team will return to UCONN being UCONN. And yes Ono and Caroline would have helped the team to win tonight.
No disrespect to any player just the obvious…
I still believe if all healthy in March we will go to Final Four and I like our chances….many times adversity creates opportunity….
Muhl had 4 T/O's and two of those were not her fault. On one of them as she let go of the ball the player she was passing to moved from their position and the other was a traveling call that Meg stated that Muhl was fouled and that was what caused her to travel. She had the most assists 6, was tied for second in rebounding, 4 with Azzi, third in scoring, and shot 50% from 3.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The 16 point loss to SC earlier this season was far worst than this loss to Villanova.
UCONN was most healthy only missing Aubrey. UCONN was playing pretty much the same SC team which we had beat the year before and had added Azzi, Caroline and Dorka. This loss you can easily attribute to any one of the injuries to 3 different starters. That SC game was a beatdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom