Video/Tweets from practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Video/Tweets from practice

Reaction Score
It is hard to even imagine how bad Hurley’s predecessor was. And to think that there are still some who think he should still be the coach :rolleyes:

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Is it November yet?

Ive spent the last couple months retraining my 5 year olds name recognition of Danny Hurley. He's gonna be ready come first night and im going to be out of my mind by then if things like this keep up.

Reaction Score

One thing I teach my management teams is that it is imperative to have honest conversations with each other to be able to grow as a operation, a team, & most importantly as a individual.

Reaction Score
This is the happiest I've been going into a season in a long time. Even after we won in '14 we knew we wouldn't be as good the following year. I'm not saying we will win anything this year, but everyone is saying the right things about each other. Players, staff, and fans have bought in and we will ride this mother ******* train all the way to greatness!!!!

Let's go!!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Even after we won in '14 we knew we wouldn't be as good the following year.

Wow, that's impressive!!! Do you have this weekend's powerball numbers while you're at it?

EDIT: This came off very douchey, sorry.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Quite an indictment. Need to play "harder", be "tougher", more "competitive", more "physical".

Good lord, if you aren't those things, what ARE you ?
Soft?

Reaction Score
Wonder if he showed them clips of Ollie not fighting with the refs

I was about to say, I wonder if there was some subtle criticism of KO in Hurley's statement, like the kids didn't think KO put up enough of a fight with the refs and had to take matters into their own hands.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley is too classy to make digs at Ollie. Also think he would cut it off if the kids did.
Hurley would not dare to do that until he wins championship or his players gets 1000 on the APR. Tough act for him to follow

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Good stuff from Amore's article on the new regime's non-stop, all out bust 'em practices: "Hurley wants 2019 and 2020 recruits to see the workouts as they come in for visits. The ones right for UConn will want to be pushed and coached this way."

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It looks like Hurley has split up the team into 2 teams(blue and grey) that are constantly competing against each other. Blue: BA, JA, MD, JC, Tyler Phommachanh, Jump vs Grey: TS, CV, JW, EC, SW, AG

Reaction Score
I think Hurley is too classy to make digs at Ollie. Also think he would cut it off if the kids did.
He would gain nothing by making any digs. I don't expect to see it. The most we will get is generalities about the team i.e. the toughness he's talked about
Hurley would not dare to do that until he wins championship or his players gets 1000 on the APR. Tough act for him to follow
But really, Hurley already has taken a few shots at Ollie, I mean, if we're being honest with ourselves here.
From my recollection:
Hurley suggested that having several students transfer was a sign a problem within the program.
Hurley suggested that he's ready for the job because he's a proven rebuilder and UConn needs rebuilding.
Hurley suggested that the culture has to change.
Others I can't recall exactly.

Any implication of the program is, obviously, an implication of Ollie. Sure, he didn't call out Ollie by name, but there is zero doubt that Ollie is the guy responsible for all the cited issues.
That written, I have no problem with it. I would have been disappointed if he made no comment about the state of the program. So what if Ollie got hit with a little shade?
Hurley has done a great job pumping up the fan base without taking unnecessary and direct shots at Ollie.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Unlike you here, he's getting his points across in a forward-moving way. You know this, and also know that daring to be a jerk isn't a spoil of success on or off the court.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Working out again today I believe(based on some IG posts) seem to be on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday routine for summer workouts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom