Video/Tweets from practice | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Video/Tweets from practice

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not going to dwell on the past, but the turnaround in attitude here is astonishing. I am very excited for the future of UConn basketball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It looks like Hurley has split up the team into 2 teams(blue and grey) that are constantly competing against each other. Blue: BA, JA, MD, JC, Tyler Phommachanh, Jump vs Grey: TS, CV, JW, EC, SW, AG
Gilbert is not cleared to play yet, correct?

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm not going to dwell on the past, but the turnaround in attitude here is astonishing. I am very excited for the future of UConn basketball.
Honeymoon period. Every UConn coach is next Jim Calhoun and every team is the next national champs until the whistle blows in November.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Honeymoon period. Every UConn coach is next Jim Calhoun and every team is the next national champs until the whistle blows in November.

Come on. This is where I point out that we were the worst coached team in D1 basketball the last two years. It seems obvious from the players themselves that things are very different.

CL82

Reaction Score
Come on. This is where I point out that we were the worst coached team in D1 basketball the last two years. It seems obvious from the players themselves that things are very different.
I like what I'm hearing and I'm hopeful, but I will be surprised if we are a tournament team. If is just a long way from where we were to there. I think we have big personnel issues. I do think that we'll be a better team that is less painful to watch though. If it is more than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I like what I'm hearing and I'm hopeful, but I will be surprised if we are a tournament team. If is just a long way from where we were to there. I think we have big personnel issues. I do think that we'll be a better team that is less painful to watch though. If it is more than that, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

That's different than saying it's a honeymoon period and Hurley is just benefiting from something like that. I think the enthusiasm and optimism around the direction of the program are grounded in reality.

I think this is a tournament team, but honestly, if I just see a team playing hard every minute, and executing fundamental basketball, I'll be pretty happy. I haven't seen it in at least two years. Talent wise, this roster is better than what Dan had at URI last year. How quickly can he fix their problems, that's the question.

As for "the next Jim Calhoun", I don't expect one. You don't usually get two such chances. The situation in the American, while not as bad as some NBE fanboys claim, isn't as good as the situation Calhoun had. I expect Hurley can make UConn relevant and in the national conversation (and NCAA tournament) on a regular basis. I think that asking for top 10 level teams is a taller order.

Reaction Score
I just want a coach who works the refs.

Every game with Ollie, the refs call a ticky tack foul on Brimah in the first few minutes and Ollie just sits there. Drove me nuts.

Reaction Score

I agree with much of what you posted, but I would be willing to bet that veteran guys like Jalen feel much more confident about the upcoming season than they did the past two seasons. The culture change within the program is substantial. I am confident about that.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I heard a little Gheto Boys on the soundtrack. I hope my mind aint playin tricks on me.
Pretty sure Kodak Black sampled that song so your right

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
That rebound/put-back by Carlton in traffic at the end was a beautiful sight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members