Vic Schaefer to Texas | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Vic Schaefer to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am guessing Miss St tries to sway Walz, if not it comes down to Harris or McCray.

I just have a difficult time seeing why Walz would leave his current gig when he has almost everything. Unless he is getting a significant raise, what incentive does he have to leave? Jeff is a Kentucky guy,
He is a really good recruiter or someone on his staff is. Maybe he could get over the hump with Miss St like he never could with Louisville. They’d be a better offensive team with him but way loss focus on the defensive end. I think he has a better chance of winning right now with St than Louisville

Reaction Score
Just popped in my mind...... Texas does it again.... damaging another non-traditonal rising program in WCBB by hiring away a top 5 coach. Head bang Darn ribeye steaks :mad:
But here's the thing Triad - when was the last time, aside from Daryl Royal when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, that Texas has won a title? I may be wrong, and if so please correct me, but they have never won a championship in either men's or women's basketball. But they do throw a lot of money around.

Reaction Score
But here's the thing Triad - when was the last time, aside from Daryl Royal when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, that Texas has won a title? I may be wrong, and if so please correct me, but they have never won a championship in either men's or women's basketball. But they do throw a lot of money around.
Women's basketball, 1986. Record 34-0. Jody Conradt coach

Reaction Score
The last championship they have won in a major sport I believe was football in 2005 and baseball in 2005 and 2006. I believe you were correct that they have never won a basketball championship on either the men or women’s side.

Reaction Score
The last championship they have won in a major sport I believe was football in 2005 and baseball in 2005 and 2006. I believe you were correct that they have never won a basketball championship on either the men or women’s side.

Almost never. Won a women's basketball title with Coach Conradt in 1986. (Guess that qualifies for when Coach Royal and dinosaurs roamed the earth.) Last won a volleyball title in 2012, but the team is a frequent final four team and is enormously popular on campus. Many other titles in sports such as golf, tennis, swimming and diving, track. Looking to be in the final four in wbb under direction of Schaefer soon.

Reaction Score
Almost never. Won a women's basketball title with Coach Conradt in 1986. (Guess that qualifies for when Coach Royal and dinosaurs roamed the earth.) Last won a volleyball title in 2012, but the team is a frequent final four team and is enormously popular on campus. Many other titles in sports such as golf, tennis, swimming and diving, track. Looking to be in the final four in wbb under direction of Schaefer soon.
Ah. I overlooked that one. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but Coach Schaefer gives you one of the best chances you will have in WBB.

Reaction Score
That sucks big time. I don’t know what he can accomplish at Texas that he couldn’t at MSU.

I hate 2020
Agreed. I don't think many people realize how many great athletes come out of the state of Mississippi. Any coach has fertile recruiting ground.

Reaction Score
I think it's a great hire Tx. It should be interesting to watch the recruiting battle between him and Kim. There are a lot of tall trees in Texas.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
He is a really good recruiter or someone on his staff is. Maybe he could get over the hump with Miss St like he never could with Louisville. They’d be a better offensive team with him but way loss focus on the defensive end. I think he has a better chance of winning right now with St than Louisville

3 Final 4's and 2 runner ups at Louisville. Vic was also runner up twice at MSU but never cut down the nets. I'm not seeing the difference, or why MSU would give him a better chance than Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom