Vance to Rutgers ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vance to Rutgers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As much as I want to believe there is an underlying factor for all the transfers, a data point like this shows up and skewers all the assumptions.

"My initial college choice of UConn isn't working out for my NBA dreams. The solution is Rutgers." Said no one ever. Until today.

Reaction Score
How? Lmao

The joke is somewhat on us. Losing a rotation player to Rutgers is not a good look. We know the circumstances and they are extenuating considering pops does seem to be a poor mans Lavarr. The joke is also on Vance because this is an inexplicably bad decision. Basically, the joke is on everyone besides Pikiell.

Reaction Score
Good luck to you Vance. I enjoyed watching you play at UConn and watching you improve as the year went on.

Time will tell on this one.

I happen to think that Vance had a very nice skill set, both scoring and passing, and that he could be the focal point of the right offense. As in, running an offense where the ball goes through him a lot.

He'll be in a P5 conference, he'll have great exposure, and he may be on a team that's a good fit for what he believes he can do. Or his father. Same difference at this point.

He's not NBA athletic - I never saw that. But getting the right exposure will raise his stock no matter where he goes.

Say what you want about Rutgers, but given our last season, given our conference's weak attendance, and given the lack of BBall interest for many of our opponents' fanbases, this move for him may end up being good for him.

Reaction Score
Because we lost a pretty talented player and the loss makes the team worse.
But him going to Rutgers has nothing to do with that. He going to Rutgers because he wasnt food enough to be the "man" here

Reaction Score
The joke is somewhat on us. Losing a rotation player to Rutgers is not a good look. We know the circumstances and they are extenuating considering pops does seem to be a poor mans Lavarr. The joke is also on Vance because this is an inexplicably bad decision. Basically, the joke is on everyone besides Pikiell.
But he doesnt want to be a rotation player hence him going to rutgers. He wasnt good enough to have the role he wanted here so he went to a lesser program. It happens all the time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because we lost a pretty talented player and the loss makes the team worse.
That's just the tangible, the intangible is worse. Rutgers will have just poached a top recruit from UConn. Rutgers! We don't get poached, we poach. Or at least that used to be the storyline. I'm telling you, this program is Charly.

Reaction Score
But he doesnt want to be a rotation player hence him going to rutgers. He wasnt good enough to have the role he wanted here so he went to a lesser program. It happens all the time.

I think this topic has been debated enough so I will leave it to this last point and then drop it. Players are a lot more willing to make sacrifices when they are on a good team. We don't need to get into the injuries and other factors that derailed the season. It just is what it is.

Reaction Score
That's just the tangible, the intangible is worse. Rutgers will have just poached a top recruit from UConn. Rutgers! We don't get poached, we poach. Or at least that used to be the storyline. I'm telling you, this program is Charly.

I simply meant for purposes of the upcoming season. Of course the potential implications are broader as you've stated.

Reaction Score
"Poached"? I guess Cal poached the kid from kentucky huh? Or whoever gets bragg poached him from kansas? He stepped down a level to be the man. Jokes on him..

Edit: kid from kentucky=marcus lee

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this topic has been debated enough so I will leave it to this last point and then drop it. Players are a lot more willing to make sacrifices when they are on a good team. We don't need to get into the injuries and other factors that derailed the season. It just is what it is.
Agreed. But I honestly dont want those kind of guys who canr handle adversity. Good riddance and good luck winning at rutgers lol

Reaction Score
Poached? There is no poaching here. I like Vance and despite his father hope he does well but he got triple the minutes this year than he would have had any normal year and he was, maybe, our second or third best player for a few games against AAC competition. If he wants to be the man at Rutgers and put up decent stats in a good conference will finishing at the bottom of the table, more power to him. But we're not "losing" him to Rutgers, as if they lured him away. He left because he wants to be a big fish in a small pond, we didn't lose him to anyone

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mock Rutgers all you like for their past.

Their current head coach knows what the hell he is doing.

If Ollie goes to the NBA he is the first person you call.
Um no.

Reaction Score
I can't help but comment on this. If he sits out next year to transfer to Rutgers then I am totally baffled. He and his father think this is a good idea? Jeez!!! This can't be right.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I can't help but comment on this. If he sits out next year to transfer to Rutgers then I am totally baffled. He and his father think this is a good idea? Jeez!!! This can't be right.
Kid's wanna be the man. UConn features guards, according to his pops. Rutgers features anybody that can play, so Vance will be showcased in a high major conference. Que sera sera.

Reaction Score
Holy smokes!! Rutgers is a true Blue blood program. Traditional power program.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I am not buying how Vance going to Rutgers is a bad look for UConn. Seems logical. We lost a player who wanted more minutes and couldn't earn them here. Said player went to a program where he can get more minutes. Its that simple. The joke is on Vance. And if you are reading, Pops, its time to go back to work.

Reaction Score
To summarize the Boneyard this past month:
Steve Enoch = Shaq O'Neill
Steve Pikiell = John Wooden
Chief= The Boneyard's #1 insider
Am I missing anyone?

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I am not buying how Vance going to Rutgers is a bad look for UConn. Seems logical. We lost a player who wanted more minutes and couldn't earn them here. Said player went to a program where he can get more minutes. Its that simple. The joke is on Vance. And if you are reading, Pops, its time to go back to work.

As well as Hobbs was his primary recruiter. Hope he does well.

Reaction Score
I'm still baffled that other programs don't seem to be expressing interest or at least that we are hearing. You would think he would be something of a hot commodity given his decent freshman year and his size. Why is Rutgers the best he can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom