Utah Transfer Devon Daniels | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Utah Transfer Devon Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Too many burned bridges at this point for this to be realistic. Someone who has enough hubris to walk away from the team he committed to because he thinks he deserves more praise typically has too much pride to walk back with his tail between his legs.
Bingo. Vance made his decision, it's a done deal. Unless there's some outside factor that we all don't know about, he's no longer a part of the program and his place here is gone.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Vance is not coming back.

I have a preference, but give me either this kid or the UMass kid and that will start patching up the hull.
You into the bondo look?

Yeesh.

Reaction Score
Where was this kid ranked out of high school? 4* recruit perhaps?

C

Chief00

He looks like purvis if he were an actual ferrari. He's like a Rodney with IQ, rinishing ability, and handle.

*Disclaimer- I love Rodney. One of my favorite Huskies(Yes Im Young)

There are many things I like about Rodney, stepping out of bounds is not one of them.

Reaction Score
That is a jump.

Common sense. You think your best friend would want to travel across the country to work for your boss that you on all the time?

More likely about fit/expectations than any animosity, it would seem. Not that this is breaking news.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something here? Why is everyone excited, am I missing a tweet?

Reaction Score
Mixtapes for guards never show defense. Would love to see kids adding a few segments showing some tough D and rebounding.
In this kid's case, I love the fact that he hustled back on D every single flashy/highlight play I saw. Looks to have a great motor.
The last guard I noticed that about was Kemba. Saw a HS video and my first thought was, "man, this guy hustles back on D."

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Bingo. Vance made his decision, it's a done deal. Unless there's some outside factor that we all don't know about, he's no longer a part of the program and his place here is gone.

Although I do agree it is unlikely, technically he has every right to come back

pj

Reaction Score
Possibly Vance told him, "I'm leaving because they want perimeter guys with more lateral quickness for defense"; and Devon said "sounds like me." Vance was a recruiting mistake, a talented guy who doesn't fit the style of play Ollie wants.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He looks like a nice player. But we are chasing a lot of big time wings for the 2018 class aren't we? I wouldn't want him to keep them from coming.

At the moment, what we need most is a big who can contribute next year. I'm not worried about the wing. We already have to play our primary wing at the 4 because we don't have enough bigs. Larrier, Vital and Andrews is just fine to cover the 3 spot.

Reaction Score
This kid shot 62% on his 2pters as a 6'5" freshman.

That is UNBELIEVABLY good. Although seems like the whole team had decent shooting 2pt%'s, so must have been some good offense.
Weird, I was just on Kenpom and had the same exact thought process. At least you know he isn't taking bad shots and isn't missing his bunnies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom