USMNT Falling | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USMNT Falling

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

intlzncster

Reaction Score
To me, Aaron Long and Lovitz are just the poster boys for kind sub par player that is being forced on this team.

The back line was not good. They took FOREVER to move the ball from left to right.

And wth is Michael Bradley doing back there. He’s made 3-4 coaches look bad as the #6. Why do we keep doing this?

He was starting play back there and we basically kept a back three when we should have been sending more numbers forward and taking a more direct route.

This program is a joke.

Given the article you posted just before, does any of this really matter? Even good players have trouble executing a system they haven't used together over the course of years. Add to that: US players don't quite have the skill level as some of these other teams who do this, to make up for that unfamiliarity.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The only player that EVER takes a player on 1v1 is Pulisic, and he does it too much even. Cannon and Yedlin have all the pace in the world but never try to get to the endline to cut it back. McKennie will be good but for a CM his passing is horrendous. The fans wanted a coach with European coaching background and we get a guy who picks favorites from the MLS. Roldan might be okay for the Sounders, but he is the worst midfielder i’ve seen in a USA jersey for as long as I can remember. Players like Mendez, Ledezma, Jesus Ferreira, Cappis and Richards need to be in camps from now on.

Reaction Score
Given the article you posted just before, does any of this really matter? Even good players have trouble executing a system they haven't used together over the course of years. Add to that: US players don't quite have the skill level as some of these other teams who do this, to make up for that unfamiliarity.

The system Berhalter is using might be good for a club team. But it’s too complicated for any national team.

Dudes are literally studying and doing homework to learn the system. It’s like an NFL playbook.

There was no discernible difference in talent level last night. The difference was in coaching.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dudes are literally studying and doing homework to learn the system. It’s like an NFL playbook.

That's preposterous.

There was no discernible difference in talent level last night. The difference was in coaching.

I wasn't saying that difference in talent is why they're losing. They're more talented than Canada.

I was making the point that, unlike some of those Euro teams, they don't have much of that top end talent that can make up for the failings of a flawed system. Some countries playing a flawed system could still win some games against good comp, because they've got a higher level of player on average, and at the high end.

Reaction Score
The system Berhalter is using might be good for a club team. But it’s too complicated for any national team.

Besides being complicated, his "system" relies on skills that we just don't have. It's as if it is specifically built to play to our weaknesses.

Reaction Score
That's preposterous.

I wasn't saying that difference in talent is why they're losing. They're more talented than Canada.

I was making the point that, unlike some of those Euro teams, they don't have much of that top end talent that can make up for the failings of a flawed system. Some countries playing a flawed system could still win some games against good comp, because they've got a higher level of player on average, and at the high end.

I wasn’t disagreeing in any way. I actually think Canada was pretty talented. But they were totally ready for us.

Reaction Score
SERGIÑO DEST COMMITS TO USMNT

finally - some positive news for the MNT

Holy fudge. Nothing on ESPN yet; but, if this is true, its a critical catch for the US. USSF needs to cap him ASAP before he gets a chance to change his mind. Maybe Pulisic and him had a bet and by nutmeging him in that Champions game, Dest had to cap with the USMNT? LOL. Now, if as part of this agreement, Ajax gets Berhalter, no never mind, I have too much respect for that club to make that big of a mistake.

Reaction Score
SERGIÑO DEST COMMITS TO USMNT

finally - some positive news for the MNT

The positive is the growing pool of young players -- Pulisic, Sargent, McKennie, Adams, Dest, Weah -- that could form a solid core for the next 8 years assuming they all can maintain their health. Now they just need a coach who isn't bound and determined to make things as complicated as possible.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Now, if as part of this agreement, Ajax gets Berhalter, no never mind, I have too much respect for that club to make that big of a mistake.

He can coach their under 7s.

Reaction Score
The positive is the growing pool of young players -- Pulisic, Sargent, McKennie, Adams, Dest, Weah -- that could form solid core for the next 8 years assuming they all can maintain their health. Now they just need a coach who isn't bound and determined to make things as complicated as possible.

But, more importantly can they sells more MLS kits and generate more MLS expansion fees because that's what USSF seems to be focused on right now...Head bang

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about Arsene Wenger for the USMNT? He could do something with these guys I bet.

Reaction Score
What about Arsene Wenger for the USMNT? He could do something with these guys I bet.

In his waning days at Arsenal, one of the issues he had was the inability to adjust strategies and in-game tactics based on the roster. Instead, he tried to force what worked in the past each new new roster. Not ideal for a national team coach who can help create an identity; but, has to adjust often based on who is available at any given time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In his waning days at Arsenal, one of the issues he had was the inability to adjust strategies and in-game tactics based on the roster.
All of a sudden the guy forgot how to coach in his waning days? Baloney. His waning days are still more successful than the guy he got sacked for.

Reaction Score
I want someone in the Lampard/Klopp and even Marsch mold. Young, energetic, and uses the players based on what they can do instead of forcing people to play in an unfamiliar system.

Marsch isn’t coming near the NT btw. He’s got a pretty big future if he keeps it up.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that Morris isn’t going to play because of the MLS Cup? Is this right?

Reaction Score
Big game for the Yanks - even bigger game for GB although the federation has stamped their BS approval in the lead up - the boys NEED to respond well and secure 6 meaningless points out of 6 over the next 5 days.

My XI for Canada based on what's available..

Guzan (ugh)
Yedlin, Brooks, Ream, Dest
McKennie, Yueill, Arriola
Boyd, Sargent, Morris

idk. god speed, kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members