USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
It ain't happenin" in TB. And if they fly and play there in Urbana or wherever the that place is?
Go Illini.

My guess is that USF WON'T play in Ill.

IMO, The game will either be played in Tampa or not at all.

As it is, USF will have very little practice time to prepare for the game in Tampa on Friday.

If they travel to Ill, they would have even less time to prepare for the game there.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
From another USF fan site, a poster said there was a USF FB players meeting at 4 p.m. today.

Per that meeting the game is ON for Tampa this Friday.

According to that poster, the team supposedly watched Illinois film and will have practice tomorrow.

Games next week ... may or may not happen

I can't confirm the account.

I know that the USF campus was closed today and there are no classes tomorrow.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Maybe USF can take a look at October and see who they might be willing to play?

Good idea.

Perhaps, UConn can do the same on a bye week, assuming our game isn't going to be rescheduled.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good idea.

Perhaps, UConn can do the same on a bye week, assuming our game isn't going to be rescheduled.

Stop. Your program looks ridiculous.

Any athletic director that schedules USF or UCF OOC should get hung by their toenails.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Presumably it would be cancelled due to an inability to play on the USF stadium surface?

The right thing to do would be to play in Illinois then. You know, seeing as how they had some extra time to rest up... :eek:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Stop. Your program looks ridiculous.

Any athletic director that schedules USF or UCF OOC should get hung by their toenails.

It is you who looks ridiculous.

We all would like to see the games played.

However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control prevents that from happening.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control prevents that from happening.

Are you saying it will be out of your control to get to Illinois by Thursday night?

If so, why is it reasonable to expect them to get to you?

If not, why is it reasonable to refuse to play on their dry, SAFER CONDITION field?

Hmmm...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Literally everything I've said on the topic since the beginning has been proven right.

Your program is a total absolute complete joke and is embarrassing the AAC.

There is not a single thing that prevents USF from playing Illinois other than USF is run by cowards.

The high wind gust at the Tampa airport was 66 mph - you guys can stop with the drama now.

I hope Illinois sues you into bolivion.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Literally everything I've said on the topic since the beginning has been proven right.

There is not a single thing that prevents USF from playing Illinois other than USF is run by cowards.

The high wind gust at the Tampa airport was 66 mph - you guys can stop with the drama now.

New cesspool swear word-bolivion.

Reaction Score
Well, I Bo-lieve that USF is trying their best, gosh darnit, to get that game vs. Illinois played. For reals, yo!

Reaction Score
"Florida can thank Cuba, where it did hit as a Category 5 storm, said Maue and Jeff Masters, meteorology director for Weather Underground.

Irma would probably have hit Florida as a Category 5 hurricane if it had missed Cuba, Masters said.

The storm briefly trekked over Cuba’s low populated coast Friday evening through Saturday afternoon. That weakened Irma enough that when upper level winds from the west eroded some of the storm’s top and also blew in dry air, it had the combined of effect of making Irma more ragged, Masters said. It was at that point, he said, that Irma’s southwest eyewall sort of came apart, no longer a perfect circle on satellite imagery.

Slightly weakened from Cuba, the storm got caught up in competing weather systems a little longer, delaying its northward right turn into Florida. And that delay pushed the track further west, making it more of a threat to Florida’s west coast than its east."
It hit the US as a Cat 5. St. John USVI has essentially been destroyed particularly the east end of the island. Reports of people still trapped inside of destroyed houses. No airport on that island and it needs massive refonstruction. Local residents there (not the villa owners) are not wealthy and need help.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score

While you were comfortable at home, I was hunkered down in a shelter with over 2,000 people.

I had my computer and was closely monitoring the weather channel.

At 10 p.m. it was reporting that the USF area was expected to get winds from 80-100 mph starting about 11 p.m and continuing until 5 a.m.

That was lights out for the shelter and we were in lock down.

So, if it ended up being only 69 mph, I am very thankful.

All of us there were extremely worried about what might happen to our friends, family and property.

So, hindsight is 20-20.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While you were comfortable at home, I was hunkered down in a shelter with over 2,000 people.

At 10 p.m. it was reporting that the USF area was expected to get winds from 80-100 mph starting about 11 p.m and continuing until 5 a.m.

All of us there were extremely worried about what might happen to our friends, family and property.

So, hindsight is 20-20.

Yeah and your dopey program chose to stay there in the storm.

It's not hindsight - many of us pointed out long ahead of time your program was either run by cowards or morans.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure USF wouldn't cancel two consecutive games because they're 'cowards.' Not playing games has a massive impact on their ability to make an access bowl. They can't play 10 games and make the access bowl--it just won't happen. Also, USFMB, I'm sorry for Whaler. He's special

Reaction Score
It hit the US as a Cat 5. St. John USVI has essentially been destroyed particularly the east end of the island. Reports of people still trapped inside of destroyed houses. No airport on that island and it needs massive refonstruction. Local residents there (not the villa owners) are not wealthy and need help.
I didn't know USF was in the Virgin Islands. Always thought it was in Tampa.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure USF wouldn't cancel two consecutive games because they're 'cowards.' Not playing games has a massive impact on their ability to make an access bowl. They can't play 10 games and make the access bowl--it just won't happen. Also, USFMB, I'm sorry for Whaler. He's special

Yet here we are. Cancelling two consecutive games for no reason. We can go with they are complete idiots if you'd like.

You should spend less time apologizing for people and more time finding a clue.

The excuses before the storm were pathetic, now they are absurd.

Reaction Score

So, hindsight is 20-20.
Still does not compute why a team and staff wouldn't leave days before a huge storm was to hit, choosing instead to hunker down when the order of the day was to leave the area.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Yeah and your dopey program chose to stay there in the storm.

It's not hindsight - many of us pointed out long ahead of time your program was either run by cowards or morans.

Thanks.

I learned something new.

Moran (Irish: Ó Móráin) is a modern Irish surname and derived from membership of a medieval dynastic sept. The name means a descendent of Mórán. Morans were a respected sept of the Uí Fiachrach dynasty in the western counties of Mayo and Sligo.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Morans, bolivian. Grab a snickers and sit the next one out whaler.

If you going to lecture me maybe you should learn your Boneyard lingo and find out who Mike Tyson is.

My God - things are so pathetic here you are going to white knight a guy who is spewing absolute nonsense

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks.

I learned something new.

Moran (Irish: Ó Móráin) is a modern Irish surname and derived from membership of a medieval dynastic sept. The name means a descendent of Mórán. Morans were a respected sept of the Uí Fiachrach dynasty in the western counties of Mayo and Sligo.

And I learned from y'all that Tampa is 'South' Florida.

Nobody from your joke of a university get to lecture anyone about what words mean.

It's Boneyard slang for a moron you moran

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom