USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign | Page 7 | The Boneyard

USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign

Reaction Score
I would stop mocking USF and everyone else associated with USF if they would just admit what is obvious.

We didn't want to play distracted at UConn and we don't want to play Illinois without the amount of prep time we think we need.

They don't want to be disadvantaged in these games - it's that simple. I have no idea why admitting or saying that causes such angst.

Lol! I'm sure "everyone associated with USF" will be contacting you shortly.

It's either a shtick or you are dilusional.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I would stop mocking USF and everyone else associated with USF if they would just admit what is obvious.

We didn't want to play distracted at UConn and we don't want to play Illinois without the amount of prep time we think we need.

They don't want to be disadvantaged in these games - it's that simple. I have no idea why admitting or saying that causes such angst.

USF is an 18 point favorite over Illinois.

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

There is no official word on the game at this time.

I did mention earlier tonight about a thread on a USF board which said the game will be played in Tampa on Friday. I can't confrm that as true.

Reaction Score
TheUSF AD tried to play the game @Uconn and at the same time hoped the team could still arrive back in Tampa safely and then play the Ill game.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Circumstances quickly changed when the storm headed more towards the west coast of Florida.

That's funny. I'm pretty calm, my job depends on it. And I went to a Cross Country Meet Saturday and had a good time. But it sounds like you made my point. It was more important to get them back to the storm to prep for the Illinois game than play the UConn game. We agree.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

I did mention earlier tonight about a thread on a USF board which said the game will be played in Tampa on Friday. I can't confrm that as true.
Whaler is a passionate but he is OUR passionate , so the USF visitor has to deal with Whaler's shmaltz if he's going to visit. For what it's worth, I think canceling the game was the correct call, although it ruined my weekend. Glad you're safe USF MB and hope we smash you in football soon.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The last thing I need is someone to tell me the lines thanks.

So why doesn't USF just go to Illinois? Why dismiss that out of hand.

The game obviously can be played in Tampa on Friday - USF just has to decide they want to.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

1st part: I'm pretty sure the FL governor had something to do with our game being cancelled; 2nd part: plausible.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yeah Rick Scott told USF they couldn't go to Connecticut.
Yeah. The only reason FAU left is because half their budget revolved around that game.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The last thing I need is someone to tell me the lines thanks.

So why doesn't USF just go to Illinois? Why dismiss that out of hand.

The game obviously can be played in Tampa on Friday - USF just has to decide they want to.

I can't speak for the USF AD and am not privy to all his discussions on this matter

I could give several possible reasons, but I doubt you would be satisfied with any of them.

I'm just hoping the game is played.

We should know tomorrow.

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't speak for the USF AD and am not privy to all his discussions on this matter

I could give several possible reasons, but I doubt you would be satisfied with any of them.

I'm just hoping the game is played.

We should know tomorrow.

If USF wanted to play badly enough at Illinois they easily could.

So we'll see just how interested USF is in playing this game.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
If USF wanted to play badly enough at Illinois they easily could.

So we'll see just how interested USF is in playing this game.

I know you were being facetious earlier about USF possibly finding another game in October.

Indiana is looking for a game on Oct 7, because their game with FIU was cancelled. USF has that date open.

Jeremy Sims‏ @IndyJerome 28m28 minutes ago
Replying to @Mike1625 @USFFootball and
@HoosierFootball now has an open date on 10/7 after cancellation of game against FIU. Come on USF and Indiana- get it done!

Indiana previously pulled out of a home and home series with USF, so I doubt we would now play them.

But, with so many games being cancelled and schools trying to reschedule them, perhaps USF and UConn may still find a way to play our game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's a little different transporting 10 people than 150.

The only difference is monetary.

Oh wait, it was about safety, right? It was about safety, but they didn't care about the 10 kids vs the 150?

There really is no good way to turn this thing to have it make sense other than the fact that they didn't want to play a game with some preparation disadvantage, that's all there is to it.

Look, most of you know me. I don't start trouble, and I don't treat guests poorly without prior cause. I'm generally a very optimistic person; a glass 1/2 full kind of guy. I can tell you with great certainty that Whaler is absolutely correct on this one...

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The only difference is monetary.

Oh wait, it about safety, right? Or it was about safety, but they didn't care about the 10 kids vs the 150?

There really is no good way to turn this thing to have it make sense other than the fact that they didn't want to play a game with some preparation disadvantage, that's all there is to it.

Look, most of you know me. I don't start trouble, and I don't treat guests poorly without prior cause. I'm generally a very optimistic person; a glass 1/2 full kind of guy. I can tell you with great certainty that Whaler is absolutely correct on this one...
Partially, but whaler also stated that the players would stay in their dorm rooms when in actuality they were released (at least in UCF's case to go home with their families and ride out the storm). I would argue the golf players were safer anyway.

Reaction Score
While you were comfortable at home, I was hunkered down in a shelter with over 2,000 people.

I had my computer and was closely monitoring the weather channel.

At 10 p.m. it was reporting that the USF area was expected to get winds from 80-100 mph starting about 11 p.m and continuing until 5 a.m.

That was lights out for the shelter and we were in lock down.

So, if it ended up being only 69 mph, I am very thankful.

All of us there were extremely worried about what might happen to our friends, family and property.

So, hindsight is 20-20.
Glad you were safe. Hope you all get back on your feet asap.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Partially, but whaler also stated that the players would stay in their dorm rooms when in actuality they were released (at least in UCF's case to go home with their families and ride out the storm). I would argue the golf players were safer anyway.

The golf players were safer anyways???

Wouldn't the football players have been safer too? Or do we not care about that?

(That last question was rhetorical...)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Good lord Shizzle. That's the entire point - that if USF was concerned about safety the safest place to be was Connecticut.

I never said anything about what dopey UCF would do - but you may notice Frost broke the 'plan' because the plan is obvious - you keep the team together for the exact reason UCF learned.

Do you guys even follow college sports?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Good lord Shizzle. That's the entire point - that if USF was concerned about safety the safest place to be was Connecticut.

I never said anything about what dopey UCF would do - but you may notice Frost broke the 'plan' because the plan is obvious - you keep the team together for the exact reason UCF learned.

Do you guys even follow college sports?
No kidding. Our game should have been played and they would have been safer in CT. However, I don't buy that it was because they needed extra prep time to play Illinois for two reasons: A) they may cancel the Illinois game anyway, and B) Illinois sucks.

Reaction Score
The golf players were safer anyways???

Wouldn't the football players have been safer too? Or do we not care about that?

(That last question was rhetorical...)

No, the golf team would have been safer teeing off in a hurricane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom