USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign | Page 9 | The Boneyard

USF & Illinois discussing moving their game to Champaign

Reaction Score
USF got their home game but wow what a lousy forecast for Florida. Very hot even in Tampa and a lot still without power.

Tampa Weather Sep15.PNG

Reaction Score
It's simply amazing to what lengths people go to get a game in they really want, isn't it? Power out, infrastructure wrecked and first responders stretched in region, but the game must go on...just so transparently evident what went down. Aresco should have his nuts hung for this.

jho

Reaction Score
..."On behalf of USF Athletics, I would like to express our appreciation for the work being done by first responders across the state to assist in the recovery following Hurricane Irma," USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan said. "As a small token of our gratitude for their service, we'd like to offer a night to relax, be with their families and enjoy a football game."...

Complimentary Admission For First Responders And High School Football Teams Friday

Complimentary admission for high school football teams? I thought that the NCAA didn't allow you to provide these type of comp tickets to potential student athletes.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's simply amazing to what lengths people go to get a game in they really want, isn't it? Power out, infrastructure wrecked and first responders stretched in region, but the game must go on...just so transparently evident what went down. Aresco should have his nuts hung for this.

I think this incident proves he doesn't have any to hang. I know it's between the two schools, but Aresco should have stepped in to help resolve the situation in a fair and equitable manner. He's providing the conference with zero leadership here.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Complimentary admission for high school football teams? I thought that the NCAA didn't allow you to provide these type of comp tickets to potential student athletes.

Plus Florida High Schools play their Football games on Friday nights

Reaction Score
It's simply amazing to what lengths people go to get a game in they really want, isn't it?
Yeah I know, rescheduling five different programs' schedules and telling UMass to go pound sand is actually a huge overhaul that required a lot of work on Aresco and those five schools' part.

Reaction Score
And proof that fans acting like petulant toddlers was, at best, premature . . .

I missed your post about how this was a foregone conclusion. If it was easy our AD wouldn't have been giving round the clock updates. I give him and his efforts all the credit here after our game was relegated to the expendable column in favor of Illinois.

And since we didn't get to discuss it much I'm predicting a win on Nov 4. UConn +10.

Reaction Score
I missed your post about how this was a foregone conclusion. If it was easy our AD wouldn't have been giving round the clock updates. I give him and his efforts all the credit here after our game was relegated to the expendable column in favor of Illinois.

And since we didn't get to discuss it much I'm predicting a win on Nov 4. UConn +10.

Nothing was a foregone confusion. One side was jumping up and down pounding its fists. The other waited until there was resolution.

Reaction Score
Nothing was a foregone confusion. One side was jumping up and down pounding its fists. The other waited until there was resolution.

Wrong! The other side got on their soapbox and preached to "us" about how we were disgusting human beings who valued a football game over another person's life. Or am I supposed to ignore that and go with your new explanation?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

LOL no you didn't you just gave up.

Reaction Score
LOL no you didn't you just gave up.

I never participated, other than to correct some facts and chide chief for being a complete to someone, so you might want to try somewhere else.

Reaction Score
And proof that fans acting like petulant toddlers was, at best, premature . . .

What part of the AAC announcement that the "USF vs UCONN game will not be rescheduled" did you not understand?

Reaction Score
Wrong! The other side got on their soapbox and preached to "us" about how we were disgusting human beings who valued a football game over another person's life. Or am I supposed to ignore that and go with your new explanation?
No, we just said you were not smart for thinking this game was cancelled because USF wanted to avoid playing UConn. And considering they agreed to play us here in November it proves our point. But please use more sentences with one word and an exclamation point.

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, we just said you were not smart for thinking this game was cancelled because USF wanted to avoid playing UConn. And considering they agreed to play us here in November it proves our point. But please use more sentences with one word and an exclamation point.

Since you were arguing against a strawman you invented you should win.

Reaction Score
To be fair... >>the AAC said said that the game is unlikely to be rescheduled, as the teams do not share a bye week, according to AAC spokesman Chuck Sullivan. “But it’s only Week 2, and too soon to project what happens the rest of the way.”<<

Thanks for the correction. in that case the word "unlikely" would rightfully cause us fanantics to act like petulant toddlers. There were other reports that the game would not be rescheduled.

Reaction Score

Well seeing as I never said and/or thought that, I guess you won that (non-)argument. My point still stands, you and those who thought like you labeled "us" as subhuman because we weren't buying the flimsy excuses put out by USF. Not to mention, I'm noticing you aren't the least bit outraged that schools with Florida born players actually went through with playing a game over valuing the life of their family members...or something.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the correction. in that case the word "unlikely" would rightfully cause us fanantics to act like petulant toddlers. There were other reports that the game canceled.

They always had the caveat out there but "canceled" was used often because there was no clear path to rescheduling immediately.

Reaction Score
Literally everything I've said on the topic since the beginning has been proven right.

Your program is a total absolute complete joke and is embarrassing the AAC.

There is not a single thing that prevents USF from playing Illinois other than USF is run by cowards.

The high wind gust at the Tampa airport was 66 mph - you guys can stop with the drama now.

I hope Illinois sues you into bolivion.
Really? Literally everything?

Reaction Score
What part of the AAC announcement that the "USF vs UCONN game will not be rescheduled" did you not understand?

Except I don't think that announcement was never made. Official releases said "will not be played as scheduled", and one representative supposedly told a reporter that it was "unlikely that it would be rescheduled" before anyone really had any time to think about it.

Reaction Score
Well seeing as I never said and/or thought that, I guess you won that (non-)argument. My point still stands, you and those who thought like you labeled "us" as subhuman because we weren't buying the flimsy excuses put out by USF. Not to mention, I'm noticing you aren't the least bit outraged that schools with Florida born players actually went through with playing a game over valuing the life of their family members...or something.
You missed the point, no surprise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom