USF Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

USF Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The refs had made so many ridiculous foul calls on UConn..... special on Stewie

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again we hear something different about the major key in beating UCONN. Just a couple weeks ago after MD - it as "pound the paint. UCONN has no answer." Today it is "Shoot 3's."

The fact is - you have to play a great team game to beat this team. For any team that nailed their 3's and still lost to UCONN - they can't win. Maybe USC can -- but the key is NOT Coates. They have to stick 3's. I know Rebbeca said that- but a couple of weeks ago her and Burke were speak blueprint to beat UCONN is pound the paint."

You need a great team game to beat UCONN or unless UCONN has injures to key players.

Reaction Score
I love you Rebecca, but do we really need to have a pitty party for S.C's upcoming schedule ? I mean they have played nothing but cream puffs so far this year. !

Reaction Score
It would have been nice if UConn could have defended the 3 well, but at least they shot the 3 well (after a rough start). A glass half full is better than an empty glass. :D

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It would have been nice if UConn could have defended the 3 well, but at least they shot the 3 well (after a rough start). A glass half full is better than an empty glass. :D

That depends on what is in the glass.

Reaction Score
Nice win UCONN! This will only make us better and smarter moving on.

On a side note, I am sick and tired of seeing Stewie getting mauled in the paint. Give her credit for her keeping her mind in the game and not losing it. Geno as well. The best player in the game and she gets banged up on almost every offensive set. Disgusting, IMO

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Butler was wearing the splint again. I thought she played the last game without it. Chong is probably going to be on and off the rest of the year depending on how her leg feels.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Again we hear something different about the major key in beating UCONN. Just a couple weeks ago after MD - it as "pound the paint. UCONN has no answer." Today it is "Shoot 3's."

The fact is - you have to play a great team game to beat this team. For any team that nailed their 3's and still lost to UCONN - they can't win. Maybe USC can -- but the key is NOT Coates. They have to stick 3's. I know Rebbeca said that- but a couple of weeks ago her and Burke were speak blueprint to beat UCONN is pound the paint."

You need a great team game to beat UCONN or unless UCONN has injures to key players.
I get a chuckle out of keys to beating UConn.

Here's Alum's keys to beating UConn:

1. Score more points than UConn.
2. Refer to #1

For HuskyNan re: Refs, how long have you been watching WCBB?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Butler was wearing the splint again. I thought she played the last game without it. Chong is probably going to be on and off the rest of the year depending on how her leg feels.
She had the splint last game and may have it for the rest of the year.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
OK I'm going to say it - Carolyn Peck really sucks as an announcer and her partner tonight was even worse.
After about 5 minutes I turned the sound down to a level where couldn't tell what they were saying and I could hear the crowd noise a little. Much better.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The Huskies' offensive rebounding is...non-existant.

In the 1st half I used a lot of bad words regarding UConn rebounding. In the 2nd half not so much.

Reaction Score
Impressive win by UConn. They are trying to achieve what no WCB program has done before knowing they have a target on their back and accepting the challenge. Even more impressive is that they are doing it dealing with injuries and incorporating the freshmen into the system.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If USF played this hard and with such concentration all year they would only have one loss. Great job by UCONN taking the bull by the horns. :p

I remember hearing that Chong's injury could flare up at any time and keep her out. Wondering if that's what happened today.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Again, not too pleased with some of the comments directed at or about our players by a few members of the BY. We are not the Duke coaching staff; our kids do not deserve to be thrown under -- or even NEAR the damned bus. I am not a mod, nor do I want to be. But maybe we could lighten up just a little? Maybe I am asking too much.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Again, not too pleased with some of the comments directed at or about our players by a few members of the BY. We are not the Duke coaching staff; our kids do not deserve to be thrown under -- or even NEAR the damned bus. I am not a mod, nor do I want to be. But maybe we could lighten up just a little? Maybe I am asking too much.

I agree. It's like spoilied fans on steroids sometimes. Not only are we expected and favored to win all the games we are expected to be "perfect" by some as well. Too bad things have evolved to this point. That was a great win over a team that played as good as they could have. That Williams is a tremendous talent.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All I heard was excuses that one player was out for USF and she was their top rebounder. Well Stewie was hurt, Tuck coming back from a sore knee and Mojeff coming back from a hamstring and no excuses why UConn wasn't up more? I too am a little surprised by the short bench. We know Geno has a short bench in big games and we know Chong and Butler are still not 100%. The will see time over the next few games.

Reaction Score
Not only are we expected and favored to win all the games we are expected to be "perfect" by some as well.

Those "some" include our very own head coach. These high standards are the reason we've been so successful. Ignoring areas for improvement is how you become Tennessee or Duke.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
OK I'm going to say it - Carolyn Peck really sucks as an announcer and her partner tonight was even worse.
It's obvious she does not like UCONN. Also, playing Butler would have taken some attention away from Stewart. Maybe she did not have a good practice. I thought she would go in when Stewart came out. However, Nurse came in and hit some key shots.

Reaction Score
Butler was wearing the splint in the last game too.

Reaction Score
Just got home from the game a little while ago. I live in Lakeland, which is forty-five minutes east of the Sun Dome. You wouldn't have heard it on your broadcast; however, the announcer in the arena got booed as loud as anyone could in a home arena when he said, "That was a little bit of a dirty foul, Breanna Stewart" when Breanna got tangled up with one of USF's guards and fell over her towards the end of the third quarter. The UConn fans let him hear it. Too many missed open players, too many missed layups, cold shooting and Courtney Williams and that freshman three-point shooter are for real. Still won by fifteen on their court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom